Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

1 Brian Clough did a good job but it was not great. He did not retain the title the following season and yes I know there was the European cup but domestic success then was the most important thing in my opinion. He jumped ship when he could not get his own way and the massively regretted it later. That is why he never left Derby and found a club 30 miles away. 

2 We are so obsessed with Forest it is our own downfall. They are no where near us at the moment but we bang on about them so much it is infuriating.

3 Forest should not be our main rivals. Notts County are far more close to us than they are in terms of history, playing colours and names.

4 Billy Davies did a fantastic job to get us promoted and this is completely disregarded.

5 Our scouting system is rubbish.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/06/2018 at 17:40, McLovin said:

Taribo is the greatest ever defender to play for the club

Leacock and Addison would have been as good as Rio and Sol with the right coaching. Fagan would have also played for England with the right coaching as England were not blessed with great wingers at that time.

Spurs were right to loan Huddlestone to Wolves

John Gregory would have been as good as Brian Clough or Jim Smith if he was given time, the finances meant he could never implement his own authority on the team.

Arsenal's 07/08 team are the greatest team to have ever played at Pride Park(they would have won the league if Eduardo had not broken his leg)

Martin is better than Vydra. Vydra is useless if the whole team isn't built around him, whilst Martin still contributes with goals, assists and general play if the team isn't suited to his strengths.

Albert Bueno was overrated, he got away with so much because he had a tan and was good looking. On the flip side, Andy Griffen was wrongly scapegoated(people didn't take to him because he had grey hair)

Captains should be required to wear their armbands all the time, even when they are at home.

Oasis, One Direction and the Wanted are by far better than The Beatles

Queen are overrated.

Well that's just not true is it.

We should never have left the BBG and instead gone ahead with the expansion there. Rather than move to soul less park.

Bryson is a one season wonder

We wont ever get promotion with Keogh and Forsyth in the side

Billy Davies should never have been sacked

Lionel was a better owner than Mel

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

We should never have left the BBG and instead gone ahead with the expansion there. Rather than move to soul less park.

Bryson is a one season wonder

We wont ever get promotion with Keogh and Forsyth in the side

Billy Davies should never have been sacked

Lionel was a better owner than Mel

You are my spirit animal...!

Savage was good for us at the time. Look at James Baileys career trajectory since -  he looked a good prospect alongside old head Sav and now he's, well, nowhere. We needed a been there/done that player, and a player to take the heat for the youngsters around him. He did it to a tee.

On 03/06/2018 at 12:48, MuespachRam said:

I wish that we were known as County. 

I was just thinking about this today because someone was reading about Derby to me and it called us County and he said he hates that (I've read it on here too plenty of times), but you've beaten me to it.

It's all abaaht the Caaahnty, deal with it city dwellers. 

1 hour ago, NorwichExile said:

Savage was good for us at the time. Look at James Baileys career trajectory since -  he looked a good prospect alongside old head Sav and now he's, well, nowhere. We needed a been there/done that player, and a player to take the heat for the youngsters around him. He did it to a tee.

Speaking of him…

James Bailey and one of Bryso or Jeff was a better midfield than the latter paired together 

Up until a month ago I didn’t even know Jody Morris was still alive, never mind still in Football or doing a decent job with unlimited funds....(and neither did any of the posters on here that are saying that they have “watched his career closely” etc) but I don’t mind admitting it... I’m also not sure he will make a difference. 

Gary Teale..... apparently he got better in his last season at Derby.

Thought he was crap from start to finish! ?? Optimised everything about that period for Derby. Useless and he was still useless after 2 years but the fans couldn't care less. Fun times tbf.

Peter Shilton was only slightly better than Stephen Bywater, Shilton was protected because he had a better defence in front of him. Bywater was underrated because he accidentally swore on the tele.

Rob Hulse, John Stead and Emmanuel Villa were really good but played in poor teams and if they played in the derby team of the last few years, they would have managed to get at least 20 goals.

Omar Mascarell is the most talented player to play for derby in past 15 years(as seen as he was a key part of a team that humiliated Bayern in the German cup final)

Nottingham is a beautiful city in contrast to Derby, which is a dump.

I’d rather we got humiliated by Forest and went up than us humiliating Forest and staying in the championship.

Mrs Browns Boys is much better than Only Fools and Horses.

12 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Up until a month ago I didn’t even know Jody Morris was still alive, never mind still in Football or doing a decent job with unlimited funds....(and neither did any of the posters on here that are saying that they have “watched his career closely” etc) but I don’t mind admitting it... I’m also not sure he will make a difference. 

I think youre getting Chelsea's U18s confused with their U23s. Almost all the U18s are English, and over two thirds have been in Chelsea's youth setup for multiple years.

Morris was not coaching a bunch of youth superstars acquired from all over the place, he was bringing youth through.

Its the U23s who are like 60% bought.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Mrs Browns Boys is much better than Only Fools and Horses.

You Sir or madam, need to see a doctor about that bang you've had on your head 

13 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Gary Teale..... apparently he got better in his last season at Derby.

He was utter, utter garbage. All that Tealinho thing must have started as a joke but some seemed to take it seriously. Worst than having little talent he had absolutely no bottle, shied out of every tackle in front of him and spent most of his time trying to avoid being given the ball. A poor man's Paul Emson.....

14 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

“Watched his career closely” means they checked out his twitter account last week when his name was 1st muted...

Archived