Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Eranio wasn’t that good. 

Neither was Wanchope. 

Or Burley (Craig and George)

but 

Paul Trollope, Ravanelli and John Gregory (player and manager) were all awesome. 

More excellent opinions, especially the John Gregory one, who was treated unfairly by the club.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Ok you’ve caught me out on that one, if you pardon the pun ?

Can remember Shilton keeping goal for the ginger bin dogs in our glory days.

Me and my dad used to stand behind the Ossie End goal.

That day Derby won 2-0, if it wasn't for Shilton it would have been 10.

Although I don't know how well he did at the Normanton End!

Eranio was our best player in our best team of the last 25 years. And that's being harsh on him.

Wanchope was hit and miss but his first season in the top tier he was superb.

Craig Burley was decidedly average. George Burley did probably a 7/10 job.

Can't remember Gregory as a player, but I'm told he was actually quite good. As a manager he was bobbins. Ravanelli was great, just cost us too much - probably still paying him aren't we? No problem with Paul Trollope.

Oh and Queen are toss and Brian May is a t***.

5 hours ago, cannable said:

There was a two month spell in which he was unplayable, think he set up like eight goals in ten games or something 

I remember this well. Scored a 25 yarder at Plymouth.

Outside of that two months he was terrible, but yes, for 9 or 10 games he was brilliant.

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

Peter Shilton was only slightly better than Stephen Bywater, Shilton was protected because he had a better defence in front of him. Bywater was underrated because he accidentally swore on the tele.

Rob Hulse, John Stead and Emmanuel Villa were really good but played in poor teams and if they played in the derby team of the last few years, they would have managed to get at least 20 goals.

Omar Mascarell is the most talented player to play for derby in past 15 years(as seen as he was a key part of a team that humiliated Bayern in the German cup final)

Nottingham is a beautiful city in contrast to Derby, which is a dump.

I’d rather we got humiliated by Forest and went up than us humiliating Forest and staying in the championship.

Mrs Browns Boys is much better than Only Fools and Horses.

I know people might disagree with the Shilton opinion but I'm so angry with this one that I'm considering logging off for the night. Shambles McLovin, absolute shambles. You must be younger than 20?!

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

I know people might disagree with the Shilton opinion but I'm so angry with this one that I'm considering logging off for the night. Shambles McLovin, absolute shambles. You must be younger than 20?!

Nope, I’ve must have seen all the episodes of only fools and horses at least three times over. First time was great as it’s something new but as you watch it more and more the more you realise how repetitive it is. Trigger, Boycie and Uncle Albert are the only good things about only fools and horses. Meanwhile I never stop laughing when watching Mrs Browns Boys, what a great show! The Lampards agree with me!(see Christine lampard’s Twitter)

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Nope, I’ve must have seen all the episodes of only fools and horses at least three times over. First time was great as it’s something new but as you watch it more and more the more you realise how repetitive it is. Trigger, Boycie and Uncle Albert are the only good things about only fools and horses. Meanwhile I never stop laughing when watching Mrs Browns Boys, what a great show! The Lampards agree with me!(see Christine lampard’s Twitter)

I'd wager that when I'm retired, my kids and grandkids will still be watching OFAH on Gold whereas ms browns boys will be long forgotten. Only so many times saying the word feck gets a laugh ha

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

the jolly boys outing episode of only fools is comedy gold .  Mrs Brown's boys is like enduring a barb wire enema .  Save yourself before it's too late.

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

I'd wager that when I'm retired, my kids and grandkids will still be watching OFAH on Gold whereas ms browns boys will be long forgotten. Only so many times saying the word feck gets a laugh ha

Well this is the unpopular opinion thread! Not denying that Only Fools and Horses is a good show, only that Mrs Browns Boys is much better for me! Maybe it’s because I’ve seen OFSH so many times that I know what’s going to happen. Now Marlene, what a fine fine woman she is ?

Eranio wasn’t that good

Omar Mascarell is the most talented player to play for derby in past 15 years(as seen as he was a key part of a team that humiliated Bayern in the German cup final)

Nottingham is a beautiful city in contrast to Derby, which is a dump.

Someone is making you say these things aren't they.  Press A if you need help .  x

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Well this is the unpopular opinion thread! Not denying that Only Fools and Horses is a good show, only that Mrs Browns Boys is much better for me! Maybe it’s because I’ve seen OFSH so many times that I know what’s going to happen. Now Marlene, what a fine fine woman she is ?

You must still laugh at del falling through the bar or trigger talking about his sweeping brush haha

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

I almost feel guilty that people didn’t take the Shilton opinion as tongue and cheek, sorry folks! The Mrs Browns Boys opinion however is deadly serious, what a marvelous show 

If the thread was 'Name you worst ever Rams keeper' or even 'Rams keepers you thought were overrated' then I'm sure people would have cottoned on.

With a thread like this however, some (probably most) people are being genuine  and a few (like you it would seem) are trying to be clever/humorous.

But because the whole topic is aimed at bringing out controversial opinions it's almost impossible, unless you know the poster personally, to spot the tongue-in-cheek comments because they pretty much all look like tongue-in-cheek comments.

You could maybe take a course in writing comedy?

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

If the thread was 'Name you worst ever Rams keeper' or even 'Rams keepers you thought were overrated' then I'm sure people would have cottoned on.

With a thread like this however, some (probably most) people are being genuine  and a few (like you it would seem) are trying to be clever/humorous.

But because the whole topic is aimed at bringing out controversial opinions it's almost impossible, unless you know the poster personally, to spot the tongue-in-cheek comments because they pretty much all look like tongue-in-cheek comments.

You could maybe take a course in writing comedy?

This whole thread is a pisstake mate for fun and laughs(including the original poster who is sadly no longer with us due to exams), whether serious or not.  No need to take it so seriously.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

This whole thread is a pisstake mate for fun and laughs(including the original poster who is sadly no longer with us due to exams), whether serious or not.  No need to take it so seriously.

As a serious post asking  people for their opinions that they thought were unpopular and had kept to them themselves for fear or ridicule has real value and creates fantastic debate.

If there was like a clue it was a pisstake from the get go, then so be it, but there wasn't.

So immediately people offered serious options and as such from a comedic perspective, that means the joke was poorly constructed and fell on it's ass.

I was taking it seriously because I wasn't guided to take it in any other way as I dived in many comments forward.

And btw, I  did laugh lf at your line about the original poster not being with us because of exams,

Half way through that sentence I was convinced it was going to be leukemia, or maybe just an inability to write comedy ? 

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

As a serious post asking  people for their opinions that they thought were unpopular and had kept to them themselves for fear or ridicule has real value and creates fantastic debate.

If there was like a clue it was a pisstake from the get go, then so be it, but there wasn't.

So immediately people offered serious options and as such from a comedic perspective, that means the joke was poorly constructed and fell on it's ass.

I was taking it seriously because I wasn't guided to take it in any other way as I dived in many comments forward.

And btw, I  did laugh lf at your line about the original poster not being with us because of exams,

Half way through that sentence I was convinced it was going to be leukemia, or maybe just an inability to write comedy ? 

It’s all good mate. Just realised that you are fairly new around these parts so apologies as most of here know my playful behaviour( I’m actually an agent paid by the admin to keep this forum active in the off season ?) For what it’s worth I genuinely do what hold some controversial opinions, I don’t think anyone should be made to be left uncomfortable or afraid to express their views.

Archived