Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Omar Mascarell is the most talented player to play for derby in past 15 years

He certainly was not. Hughes was streets ahead of Mascarell in every single aspect of the game. Better at tackling, better passer, was better at dribbling too.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Emmanuel Villa were really good but played in poor teams and if they played in the derby team of the last few years, they would have managed to get at least 20 goals.

Emmanuel Villa was clueless. He was a headless chicken with almost no ability. What did he demonstrate to you to show he could get 20 goals a season?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Forsyth is lacking confidence and could be the answer to our left back problems under a new manager especially under a more attacking approach.

personally never agreed with all the bashing.

yes he had a bad season in terms of form and giving ball away. But i always thought both fozzy and jerome with a good pre season would be good for us next season, Jerome as it turned out showed some form before the season ended!

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

He was utter, utter garbage. All that Tealinho thing must have started as a joke but some seemed to take it seriously. Worst than having little talent he had absolutely no bottle, shied out of every tackle in front of him and spent most of his time trying to avoid being given the ball. A poor man's Paul Emson.....

There was a two month spell in which he was unplayable, think he set up like eight goals in ten games or something 

4 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

personally never agreed with all the bashing.

yes he had a bad season in terms of form and giving ball away. But i always thought both fozzy and jerome with a good pre season would be good for us next season, Jerome as it turned out showed some form before the season ended!

Have you watch Fozzy positionally. Awful. The only benefit he has these days is that he is tall. Not good enough if we want to progress.

Hughes’ passing is waaaaaaay overrated. He uses the ball intelligently and has shown on occasion that he possesses technique and range but all to infrequently. 

People talk about it as if he was sliding balls through every game and had an absolute spray on him.

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

Have you watch Fozzy positionally. Awful. The only benefit he has these days is that he is tall. Not good enough if we want to progress.

It was never a problem before so would that not be a coaching issue? 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

There was a two month spell in which he was unplayable, think he set up like eight goals in ten games or something 

From a manager's perspective Teale was unplayable for his entire Derby career....

Don't want to sound like a grumpy git but if Teale had anything of more than fleeting value I never saw it.

5 hours ago, McLovin said:

Peter Shilton was only slightly better than Stephen Bywater, Shilton was protected because he had a better defence in front of him. Bywater was underrated because he accidentally swore on the tele.

Rob Hulse, John Stead and Emmanuel Villa were really good but played in poor teams and if they played in the derby team of the last few years, they would have managed to get at least 20 goals.

Omar Mascarell is the most talented player to play for derby in past 15 years(as seen as he was a key part of a team that humiliated Bayern in the German cup final)

Nottingham is a beautiful city in contrast to Derby, which is a dump.

I’d rather we got humiliated by Forest and went up than us humiliating Forest and staying in the championship.

Mrs Browns Boys is much better than Only Fools and Horses.

Wow.... the only ones that I would agree with you on are the two about Nottingham...

as for Mrs Browns boys....!!! give me strength

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

From a manager's perspective Teale was unplayable for his entire Derby career....

Don't want to sound like a grumpy git but if Teale had anything of more than fleeting value I never saw it.

I remember his debut, white boots cutting in down the left as I was in the West stand, I thought what a signing... That proved a bit of a fast feeling 

35 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Eranio wasn’t that good. 

Neither was Wanchope. 

Or Burley (Craig and George)

but 

Paul Trollope, Ravanelli and John Gregory (player and manager) were all awesome. 

So, I assume by the end of this thread you plan to have just posted all of your opinions? ?

14 minutes ago, 86 points said:

That many of the 'unpopular opinions' posted on this thread are nothing more than consciously controversial, attention-seeking guff. 

That’s the point innit, get your reaction counter up ? Surely people don’t actually believe some of these... I mean mrs browns boys better than only fools and horses?!

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s the point innit, get your reaction counter up ? Surely people don’t actually believe some of these... I mean mrs browns boys better than only fools and horses?!

Thought it was more of a confessional type scenario tbh. As for Mrs Brown, it's a show full of *****, made by ***** and watched by *****. And that's charitable IMO. 

8 hours ago, McLovin said:

Peter Shilton was only slightly better than Stephen Bywater, Shilton was protected because he had a better defence in front of him. Bywater was underrated because he accidentally swore on the tele.

Rob Hulse, John Stead and Emmanuel Villa were really good but played in poor teams and if they played in the derby team of the last few years, they would have managed to get at least 20 goals.

Omar Mascarell is the most talented player to play for derby in past 15 years(as seen as he was a key part of a team that humiliated Bayern in the German cup final)

Nottingham is a beautiful city in contrast to Derby, which is a dump.

I’d rather we got humiliated by Forest and went up than us humiliating Forest and staying in the championship.

Mrs Browns Boys is much better than Only Fools and Horses.

I go back to the days of Les Green and the first keeper I can say I clearly remember was Colin Boulton. And maybe some of that was down to the fact that my dad was friends with him and Ronnie Webster.

We have had some really great keepers and a number whom who won player of the year like Roger Jones, Martin Taylor and Mart Poom.

None came even remotely close to Shilton.

Not even close.

He was truly world-class.

It's like comparing us against the Matlock team that won at Wembley the day we were being presented with the 1st Division title against Carlisle - it is that big a difference.

You do realize that Shilton was so good at that time he wasn't just playing for England, but crushing it in the World Cup, right?

So far away the best keeper that I have ever seen that to say he was only 'slightly better' than Bywater means you never saw him in person, or that you have been legally defined as blind.

For your pleasure one of THE great performances by any rams player, EVER! Sorry the video quality is so horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnhwgcVAYVo

5 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I go back to the days of Les Green and the first keeper I can say I clearly remember was Colin Boulton. And maybe some of that was down to the fact that my dad was friends with him and Ronnie Webster.

We have had some really great keepers and a number whom who won player of the year like Roger Jones, Martin Taylor and Mart Poom.

None came even remotely close to Shilton.

Not even close.

He was truly world-class.

It's like comparing us against the Matlock team that won at Wembley the day we were being presented with the 1st Division title against Carlisle - it is that big a difference.

You do realize that Shilton was so good at that time he wasn't just playing for England, but crushing it in the World Cup, right?

So far away the best keeper that I have ever seen that to say he was only 'slightly better' than Bywater means you never saw him in person, or that you have been legally defined as blind.

For your pleasure one of THE great performances by any rams player, EVER! Sorry the video quality is so horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnhwgcVAYVo

Ok you’ve caught me out on that one, if you pardon the pun ?

Archived