A fridge too far

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think they will have enough to stay up, but those celebrations were hilarious. A draw with Derby is the best prize now obviously. 

On another note, what the hell has happened to Assombalonga?! He's been class whenever I've watched him before and someone I'd like at Derby. He was shocking yesterday. Does not look in any way the same player. He also didn't look interested which is concerning for the gumps 

5 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I personally think they will have enough to stay up, but those celebrations were hilarious. A draw with Derby is the best prize now obviously. 

On another note, what the hell has happened to Assombalonga?! He's been class whenever I've watched him before and someone I'd like at Derby. He was shocking yesterday. Does not look in any way the same player. He also didn't look interested which is concerning for the gumps 

Think you must be mistaken.

This is the guy that Kenny Burns rated at £40m.

Sith Happens
17 minutes ago, Boycie said:

26k at the game.

was that due to the safety certificate or Shiite fans?

I think they are limited to 26k arent they?

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I think they are limited to 26k arent they?

They must be. I was looking at the available tickets last Tuesday and there was only Brian Clough upper wing block left. I was surprised to see chunks of empty seats in the Main stand, Bridgeford upper and Bridgeford lower when they kicked off. It was definitely more than the odd season ticket holder not turning up. 

Facility wise, the City ground and Pride Park are miles apart. No draught beer, narrow concourses, someone taking your ticket at the turnstile, legroom suited to 1932. Its got a certain quaint feeling to it, but todays young football fan expects better, and probobly part of the reason for dwindling attendances. 

I know we all harp back to the good old days of crumbling stadiums, but it is a reason for todays potential fans to get out of the habit. 

hate to say this , i would love them to go down but i think Burton will save them , after the collapse on saturday , looking at their remaining fixtures it looks bleak for them , but you never know in this league , come on you Brewers put those trees down where they belong

Burton's next two fixtures are probably write offs, but two very winnable home games against Villa and Ipswich are key before a trip to Brum. Birmingham could very easily be pulled into this dogfight. They're only 5 points off relegation and they're form is absolutely dreadful.

Burton could end up facing Reading reserves on the final day if the Royals decide to rest players before the play offs.

Archived