Joey Barton

DcFc Dyycheee
Message added by Day

Joey Barton - Appointed as Fleetwood Head Coach > https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29009-joey-barton-appointed-as-fleetwood-head-coach/

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I like the bloke character wise,  but as he couldn't sign until January anyway what can the harm be in letting him train with us. If he's a disruption to the squad the club can easily say "tomorrow don't bother coming". Surely he couldn't cause so much of a problem in a short time to see if he can get his fitness up to scratch and also see if he provides anything to the squad.

It might have been interesting if Dyychee had added a poll so we could see how people are thinking at a glance as opposed to trawling through the whole thread but never mind.

I think he could be a boat rocker and I don't want the boat to be rocking so it's a do one Joseph from me. 

On 11.11.2016 at 11:27, Alpha said:

I think you're giving him a lot of credit there for what was also other people's success. 

He kept Man City up on his own?

He got Newcastle promoted on his own? 

He held QPR's egos together? Got them over the line against us? I'd say less so than Dunne, Hoilet, Green, O'Neil and poor finishing from Derby as the QPR midfield caved in after half an hour.

Again, I think a few other Burnley players might have helped too. Especially 3 superb performing defenders and an excellent striker.

These lot don't have the metal? But Barton who's just jumped and been partially chucked off the Rangers ship with stress does? How do you measure metal on a football pitch. Is it with the body on the line efforts of a player like Keogh? Or the harass and chase of Hughes? What metal is Barton going to bring? The leader of men who's lost the plot several times. 

The way people talk about football you'd think we're in the trenches. 

If 'metal' would win you games, my right leg should beat Brazil 6-0.

On 10.11.2016 at 13:58, Strange yearnings said:

He is the ultimate Marmite man. Love him or hate him. I fall into the latter category. Bonkers and disruptive

some people like marmite.. infact some people love it.

no body loves Barton. You are confusing love with tolerable if it gets us results.

Take the fact it's Joey Barton out of the equation and this transfer still doesn't make sense. He's 34 years old and has just been binned by Rangers for a few reasons, 

A, being well off the pace in a league that has one good team in it.

B, being a disruptive dressing room influence

C, has large wage expectations

That is not a transfer that makes logical sense regardless of who it is.

I don't doubt for a minute he could kick the ball and make a contribution in playing terms but I can only see him bringing dressing room strife, at just the moment the lads are all begining to sing the same song. No thank you .. Disruptive influence. 

Archived