Joey Barton

DcFc Dyycheee
Message added by Day

Joey Barton - Appointed as Fleetwood Head Coach > https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29009-joey-barton-appointed-as-fleetwood-head-coach/

34 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

By the way ... if you honestly believe that Will Hughes can tackle ... I am really worried.

Joint 2nd most tackles in the Championship this season, like you say, can't tackle tho

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 15.02.17.png

Will Hughes last full season 14/15 he made a total of 102 tackles out of 137 attempted in 3201 minutes on the pitch.

Joey Barton's last full season in the Championship 15/16 he made a total of 109 tackles out of 145 attempted in 3293 minutes on the pitch.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

We were battered at Loftus Road, and hung on for dear life at home that season. You must have been to a different game to me. Barton was superb in both.

By the way ... if you honestly believe that Will Hughes can tackle ... I am really worried. For all his perceived ability on the ball, I have rarely seen anyone quite so lightweight, and whose technique is so all at sea when in a physical battle. Bypassed far too easily when the going gets tougher.

Hughes' last 3 matches:

v Huddersfield - 5 completed tackles, most of those in a Derby shirt.

v Wolves -  4 completed tackles, only Max Lowe made more. Booked.

v Rotherham - 4 completed tackles, joint most with Baird.

Only one player has averaged more successful challenges per game this season than Hughes, and that's Max Lowe. Hughes also averages more fouls in a game than any other Derby player.

source: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/20

Stats would suggest he can tackle, and isn't lightweight.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Joint 2nd most tackles in the Championship this season, like you say, can't tackle tho

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 15.02.17.png

Will Hughes last full season 14/15 he made a total of 102 tackles out of 137 attempted in 3201 minutes on the pitch.

Joey Barton's last full season in the Championship 15/16 he made a total of 109 tackles out of 145 attempted in 3293 minutes on the pitch.

Aaaaaaah ... a number cruncher.

Yawn.

3 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Yawn.

Sorry, instead let's stick to making inaccurate statements on our players to justify the need to sign a team mate whacking convicted criminal thug that is a great tackler

21 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Hughes' last 3 matches:

v Huddersfield - 5 completed tackles, most of those in a Derby shirt.

v Wolves -  4 completed tackles, only Max Lowe made more. Booked.

v Rotherham - 4 completed tackles, joint most with Baird.

Only one player has averaged more successful challenges per game this season than Hughes, and that's Max Lowe. Hughes also averages more fouls in a game than any other Derby player.

source: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/20

Stats would suggest he can tackle, and isn't lightweight.

Don't let stats get in the way of a rigid, biased opinion.

4 hours ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

As a short term signing to sure up the midfield, and get us a proper voice out there in the in the engine room, which we blatantly miss. Absolutely I would.

I appreciate that results and performances have taken a very welcome upturn ... but we are not the finished article, we cannot leave things as we are and just pretend that we don't have a frailty of character in our squad.

By the way, Robbie did a fantastic job for us.

I don't think he'd do that to be honest. I don't think he's any better than the rejuvenated Johnson (who has by all accounts been our outstanding player of the last few matches in the DM role) and he's not exactly been consistently known as a great team mate... I think his time in Scotland shows that Mr Barton still has a fairly temperamental personality and I don't think we need the disruption for someone who wouldn't improve the squad...

Each to their own but for me a solid and resounding no.

And I never said anything about Robbie being good/bad for us... In terms of actual performances we got a decent Savage 1 in every 5 games... The rest he was okayish and some games became a bit of a passenger... However I have a love for the guy now which I NEVER thought I would have done before he came to us due to his camaraderie, working hard with the young players and the sheer force of will he exerted to keep the team positive when we were going through a period of re-adjustment... 

That said... The quality of his play at that time wasn't strong enough to get into our current side... Johnson, Butters and Hughes ahead of him...

2 hours ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Yawn.

Translation: "We've heard enough from experts".

It's one of the reasons why I think that humanity will soon begin to walk on all fours and eventually head back to the trees, content to pick fleas out of each other's fur..

4 hours ago, eddie said:

Translation: "We've heard enough from experts".

It's one of the reasons why I think that humanity will soon begin to walk on all fours and eventually head back to the trees, content to pick fleas out of each other's fur..

Sounds like the Utch lot heading back to the train station.....:blink:

17 hours ago, David said:

Sorry, instead let's stick to making inaccurate statements on our players to justify the need to sign a team mate whacking convicted criminal thug that is a great tackler

Or why don't we just actually pay attention to what is happening OUT THERE ON THE PITCH.

Numbers tell you nothing. How hard was the challenge? What was the scoreline at the time? Were we under pressure and in a physical battle? Or were we coasting, had the opposition player given up on it?

Numbers tell you nothing. It is what actually happens in the context of the game that does.

I notice we refer to things that are not relevant to the pitch once again. There are plenty of convicts within the echelons of football my friend. You need to toughen up.

15 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I don't think he'd do that to be honest. I don't think he's any better than the rejuvenated Johnson (who has by all accounts been our outstanding player of the last few matches in the DM role) and he's not exactly been consistently known as a great team mate... I think his time in Scotland shows that Mr Barton still has a fairly temperamental personality and I don't think we need the disruption for someone who wouldn't improve the squad...

Each to their own but for me a solid and resounding no.

And I never said anything about Robbie being good/bad for us... In terms of actual performances we got a decent Savage 1 in every 5 games... The rest he was okayish and some games became a bit of a passenger... However I have a love for the guy now which I NEVER thought I would have done before he came to us due to his camaraderie, working hard with the young players and the sheer force of will he exerted to keep the team positive when we were going through a period of re-adjustment... 

That said... The quality of his play at that time wasn't strong enough to get into our current side... Johnson, Butters and Hughes ahead of him...

Agreed, Johnson has been superb. However, you are all making the mistake of thinking that all of a sudden, everything is alright. It is not. We are on the crest of a wave. 

Lets see what happens when the going gets really tough out there. I've seen all of our current crop shrink and disappear, in situations that Barton thrives in.

Butterfield I have always been a strong advocate of. He is class, I have watched him since he was at Palace (I went to see them often when I lived in London) ... Johnson is right up there with the best players at the club, but his attitude is questionable, and I'm sorry to have to tell you that I'm not one of these that kisses Hughes' feet whether he plays well or poorly. He is the chosen one for most of you, I am not 100% convinced.

We have good players, good footballers, but we lack characters. It is a squad game, my friend. You need guys with different skill sets.

11 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Or why don't we just actually pay attention to what is happening OUT THERE ON THE PITCH.

Numbers tell you nothing. How hard was the challenge? What was the scoreline at the time? Were we under pressure and in a physical battle? Or were we coasting, had the opposition player given up on it?

Numbers tell you nothing. It is what actually happens in the context of the game that does.

I notice we refer to things that are not relevant to the pitch once again. There are plenty of convicts within the echelons of football my friend. You need to toughen up.

What are you talking about, the score line and how hard a tackle is??

Give over. 

I do pay attention to the game although had I just said Will Hughes can tackle you would simply disagree how you're disagreeing still with facts placed in front of you.

Will Hughes CAN tackle, call for context all you like but it's completely irrelevant unlike Barton's off the field antics, you think they have no effect on the squad at all?? 

Beating Dabo up doesn't matter as it happened in training, he's a thug on the pitch as well, the punch on Pedersen, elbow on Tevez followed by a kick on Aguero, you can be tough without being a thug.

2mins 15secs, great tackle by Hughes. Actually made a couple before as well. But this is the best by far. Probably not hard enough or the right score line to count tho. 

Edit: 5mins 5secs a hard one goes in, takes the player out and gets booked if you want hard. 

Archived