Joey Barton

DcFc Dyycheee
Message added by Day

Joey Barton - Appointed as Fleetwood Head Coach > https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29009-joey-barton-appointed-as-fleetwood-head-coach/

1 hour ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Forget about George Thorne. We need to build a team without him. And stop holding on to the fact that he may return. He will return and get injured again. Players like this always do. He had bad injuries even before he came to us. McLaren might be remembering what happened when Thorne, eustace and mascarell were all out and he failed to get cover. He'll be good as cover until the end of the season in my opinion 

Players like what?

Applying that argument as the norm would have meant us never signing Dave Mackay.

Broke his leg, came back, broke his other leg in the next match. Still the most influential player I have ever seen in a Derby shirt. Thorne's injury at the end of last season was a broken leg, and that could happen to any player at any time. The fact that he has come back from two ACL injuries doesn't mean that he will get a third.

Are you going to cancel Forsyth's contract because he has had two ACL ruptures? If not, why not?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope this is all a wind up. He may do a good job but i just don't want to see him in a rams shirt. I've had nightmares about it for years.

@David has managed to hack into Mels drone flying over Moor Farm, after diverting it over Oakwood to check out the milfs on the school run he returned it when he got bored.

Just as he landed it back on the helipad marked "spy drone' he noticed a certain Mr Barton in the carpark.

This is all hush hush mind you, I'd expect him to probably deny it.

3 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Forget about George Thorne. We need to build a team without him. And stop holding on to the fact that he may return. He will return and get injured again.

I am tired of this argument. It makes no sense. If you are able to prove that the stress caused to the body from a previous cruciate knee ligament injury will significantly increase the chances of Ipswich Town cloggers breaking your leg in two places then I suggest you submit a paper on the topic as the medical profession is currently completely oblivious to this danger.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

@David has managed to hack into Mels drone flying over Moor Farm, after diverting it over Oakwood to check out the milfs on the school run he returned it when he got bored.

Just as he landed it back on the helipad marked "spy drone' he noticed a certain Mr Barton in the carpark.

This is all hush hush mind you, I'd expect him to probably deny it.

any footage?

Joey Barton "gutted" by Steve McClaren exit
Barton tweeted: "Gutted Steve McClaren has left for Derby. Top coach. Big loss for us. Wish him all the best at a great football club."

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/qpr/sack-race/news/barton-gutted-by-mcclaren-exit_108230.html

Personally I'm putting my trust in Steve McClaren making a decision that's in the best interests of Derby County Football Club. :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Alpha said:

I think you're giving him a lot of credit there for what was also other people's success. 

He kept Man City up on his own?

He got Newcastle promoted on his own? 

He held QPR's egos together? Got them over the line against us? I'd say less so than Dunne, Hoilet, Green, O'Neil and poor finishing from Derby as the QPR midfield caved in after half an hour.

Again, I think a few other Burnley players might have helped too. Especially 3 superb performing defenders and an excellent striker.

These lot don't have the metal? But Barton who's just jumped and been partially chucked off the Rangers ship with stress does? How do you measure metal on a football pitch. Is it with the body on the line efforts of a player like Keogh? Or the harass and chase of Hughes? What metal is Barton going to bring? The leader of men who's lost the plot several times. 

The way people talk about football you'd think we're in the trenches. 

He played 15 times out of 46 at Newcastle in 2009-10 and his indicipline played a major part in their relegation.

At QPR lets not forget what happened v Man City.

Burnley had/have Keane, Heaton, Gray, Vokes etc.

19 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Basically kept Man City in the PL. 

Played out of position for Newcastle but adapted and his partnership with Carroll played a big part in their promotion

Held a ridiculous group of egos together and got QPR over the line against us. 

Instrumental in helping Burnley get promoted . 

Had dark times for sure, and is perhaps a little needy emotionally. Probably hard to feel loved at a hateful club like Sevco.

SM clearly likes him and he clearly likes SM. If we get the good Barton he could be exactly what we need to take us up. What is there to lose? This lot aren't getting promoted any time soon and have shown they don't have the metal when it counts. Low risk free agent signing. 

Think you are mixing Barton with Kevin Nolan there.

Archived