Joey Barton

DcFc Dyycheee
Message added by Day

Joey Barton - Appointed as Fleetwood Head Coach > https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29009-joey-barton-appointed-as-fleetwood-head-coach/

Personally, I'm hugely disappointed if we don't snap Joey up. I've been banging the drum for us to chase him for about three years now. In my absence from these forums I've obviously missed the debate ... however, in my book, he would have been a tremendous asset to us.

I'm still crossing my fingers, but I guess the chance of a last hurrah with Burnley is too tempting ... better the devil you know and all that.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Personally, I'm hugely disappointed if we don't snap Joey up. I've been banging the drum for us to chase him for about three years now. In my absence from these forums I've obviously missed the debate ... however, in my book, he would have been a tremendous asset to us.

I'm still crossing my fingers, but I guess the chance of a last hurrah with Burnley is too tempting ... better the devil you know and all that.

I'd be hugely disappointed in my club if they signed a character with a history and baggage like Barton has. Thank you so much Mr Dyche.

13 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'd be hugely disappointed in my club if they signed a character with a history and baggage like Barton has. Thank you so much Mr Dyche.

Yes, thats right. Terrible baggage aren't they those two promotions he won as a captain. Terrible baggage isn't it all the experience and steel he displays on the pitch.

Many players have baggage my friend. I personally don't give a **** about it. What matters, it what happens on the pitch.

36 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Seriously, if you can't see how he would improve our squad, in the short term ... in terms of what happens out thereon the pitch on a match day, then I am concerned for you. We are far too nice out there, and crying out for some proper steel.

I stand by my original assertion... 28 year old Barton I would snap your hand off for... 32 year old Barton would be an absolute asset... 34 year old Barton who has been shown to struggle in the Scottish Prem? No thanks...

Would you have Savage circa 08-09 in our team now? At his prime hells yeh... But by the time he was with us in the Champs he was only looking okayish in a team struggling in the bottom half...

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I stand by my original assertion... 28 year old Barton I would snap your hand off for... 32 year old Barton would be an absolute asset... 34 year old Barton who has been shown to struggle in the Scottish Prem? No thanks...

Would you have Savage circa 08-09 in our team now? At his prime hells yeh... But by the time he was with us in the Champs he was only looking okayish in a team struggling in the bottom half...

As a short term signing to sure up the midfield, and get us a proper voice out there in the in the engine room, which we blatantly miss. Absolutely I would.

I appreciate that results and performances have taken a very welcome upturn ... but we are not the finished article, we cannot leave things as we are and just pretend that we don't have a frailty of character in our squad.

By the way, Robbie did a fantastic job for us.

I hope one of two things happens 1. Burnley offer him something or 2. Burnley not offering him something demonstrate that he's not going to be worth it. 

Anyway, how many in our squad have been promoted? Brad Johnson, Ince...how many were OK in the PL years ago? Bent, Baird....

His ability to shout at team mates? Keogh gets slaughtered for that....no wait, being shouted at, by joey barton, that's better....

He tried that at rangers, got a slap and then sacked. Yeah...that guy...just when we need to ruin the squad starting to gel again a breed a bit of team spirit. 

Thats fine then. Lets not have any voices out there on the pitch. No shouting allowed, no challenging our team mates to do better when they let themselves and everyone down, no grit, not determination, no balls.

Just because he says things that other players are frightened of hearing about themselves, does not make Joey Barton a pariah. But then, that is modern football for you ... it is OK to be weak.

As you quite rightly say then ... lets be as quiet as mice. No need to change anything, leave it as it is ... this season for the most part has shown that we are the real deal, and don't lack leadership whatsoever. We are proven winners, and haven't bottled promotion twice at all.

My bad.

23 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Thats fine then. Lets not have any voices out there on the pitch. No shouting allowed, no challenging our team mates to do better when they let themselves and everyone down, no grit, not determination, no balls.

Just because he says things that other players are frightened of hearing about themselves, does not make Joey Barton a pariah. But then, that is modern football for you ... it is OK to be weak.

As you quite rightly say then ... lets be as quiet as mice. No need to change anything, leave it as it is ... this season for the most part has shown that we are the real deal, and don't lack leadership whatsoever. We are proven winners, and haven't bottled promotion twice at all.

My bad.

No, it doesn't. Assaulting teammates, breaking betting rules does. But let's leave that to one side for a moment.

Some aggression on the pitch is fine. But he crosses the line too often for someone who, in Derby's system, would be in such a pivotal position as probably a holding midfielder. It's not difficult to imagine us getting to the PO Final, and him being sent off because he's done something monumentally stupid while already on a yellow card.

He 'bottled it' (a phrase I'm sick of hearing) in the City/QPR game, when he was sent off.

If he comes here, it would be in place of Bradley Johnson (who's in form, fully fit, up to speed with the team), Will Hughes (enough said) or Jacob Butterfield (finding form, fully fit, up to speed). 

Why bother? Why risk the potential disruption to the team?

I'd rather be seeing someone like Timi Max Elsnik get his chance than an ageing Joey Barton.

I think I mentioned thatI literally don't give a **** what happens off the pitch. So I find your comment largely irrelevant.

You don't remember our away game against QPR in Mac's first season then, when Joey Barton literally ate Hughes for breakfast and spat him out, or the home fixture the same season, when he totally dominated the midfield? He was also pivotal in Burnley's championship winning side last term.

Time Max Elsnik? Do me a favour will you. Nowhere near ready for a promotion campaign. You think he can lead us? Stop talking rubbish.

Typical. Tell you what ... lets just stay as a 'nice' football team then, and nearly get there, rather than sign a winner, a leader, because he might upset some of our poor little lambs.

Jesus wept.

3 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

I think I mentioned thatI literally don't give a **** what happens off the pitch. So I find your comment largely irrelevant.

You don't remember our away game against QPR in Mac's first season then, when Joey Barton literally ate Hughes for breakfast and spat him out, or the home fixture the same season, when he totally dominated the midfield?

Time Max Elsnik? Do me a favour will you. Nowhere near ready. Stop talking rubbish.

Typical. Tell you what ... lets just stay as a 'nice' football team then, and nearly get there, rather than sign a winner, a leader, because he might upset some of our poor little lambs.

Jesus wept.

No mention of that in the post of yours I quoted - but largely? There was one line in my post on his off the pitch behaviour. But the fact that his off pitch actions have led to suspensions, means its totally relevant. What use is he on the pitch, if he's suspended for 3 weeks?

As for totally dominating the midfield in the home fixture (John Eustace 1-0 QPR) I remember him being booked and that's about it. Totally anonymous in the first half, and cropped up a bit in the second as we'd backed off them. Oh, and singing that he was a poor man's Robbie Savage.

I didn't say lets be nice - but that obviouly doesn't fit with your reply. We have plenty of aggression in this team, and the right kind at that. Hughes can tackle, as can Johnson, Butterfield. 

1 hour ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

When Barton does this, it's leadership. When Keogh does it, he's just passing blame onto others and being a bully.

We've got leaders, you just need to reevaluate your perception of our players because it's obviously not based in any sort of reality. You sound like you've had too much Craig Ramage. Watch the games pal.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

When Barton does this, it's leadership. When Keogh does it, he's just passing blame onto others and being a bully.

We've got leaders, you just need to reevaluate your perception of our players because it's obviously not based in any sort of reality. You sound like you've had too much Craig Ramage. Watch the games pal.

I've ben to every game this season and most of last you tart.

We have leaders do we? Oh ... fair enough, thats why we've looked the bees knees in the early part of the season then, and the reason that we nailed promotion already.

Did I mention Keogh? I don't think so ... and by the way, I was an advocate of him staying in the team a while back when the lot of you were slating the guy to death. So get your facts straight.

It appears a few of you have no idea what captaincy of a football team entails. Clearly, we've learned nothing from all the near misses and episodes of foot shooting that we've experienced.

But obviously, we've won a few games now under McClaren ... so everything is fine again.

27 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

No mention of that in the post of yours I quoted - but largely? There was one line in my post on his off the pitch behaviour. But the fact that his off pitch actions have led to suspensions, means its totally relevant. What use is he on the pitch, if he's suspended for 3 weeks?

As for totally dominating the midfield in the home fixture (John Eustace 1-0 QPR) I remember him being booked and that's about it. Totally anonymous in the first half, and cropped up a bit in the second as we'd backed off them. Oh, and singing that he was a poor man's Robbie Savage.

I didn't say lets be nice - but that obviouly doesn't fit with your reply. We have plenty of aggression in this team, and the right kind at that. Hughes can tackle, as can Johnson, Butterfield. 

We were battered at Loftus Road, and hung on for dear life at home that season. You must have been to a different game to me. Barton was superb in both.

By the way ... if you honestly believe that Will Hughes can tackle ... I am really worried. For all his perceived ability on the ball, I have rarely seen anyone quite so lightweight, and whose technique is so all at sea when in a physical battle. Bypassed far too easily when the going gets tougher.

Archived