Joey Barton

DcFc Dyycheee
Message added by Day

Joey Barton - Appointed as Fleetwood Head Coach > https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29009-joey-barton-appointed-as-fleetwood-head-coach/

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I go off my own narrative in which he beat Osumane Dabo to a pulp on the training ground and stubbed a cigar out in someones eye on a night out. 

Regardless of who he claimed started these incidents normal people don't behave like that. 

And what happened to start these altercations? 

He went at a lad with a cigar after the lad set fire to the shirt he was wearing while he sat down. 

There is a context to everything. I wouldn't go for someone with a cigar, but then if someone set fire to me, I don't know how I would react in the heat (boom boom) of the moment. 

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I go off my own narrative in which he beat Osumane Dabo to a pulp on the training ground and stubbed a cigar out in someones eye on a night out. 

Regardless of who he claimed started these incidents normal people don't behave like that. 

3 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

And what happened to start these altercations? 

He went at a lad with a cigar after the lad set fire to the shirt he was wearing while he sat down. 

There is a context to everything. I wouldn't go for someone with a cigar, but then if someone set fire to me, I don't know how I would react in the heat (boom boom) of the moment. 

That's just one of several assaults. 

Either he's really unlucky to be constantly picked on or he's guilty of being a bit of a knob

On 11/14/2016 at 16:39, Alpha said:

That's just one of several assaults. 

Either he's really unlucky to be constantly picked on or he's guilty of being a bit of a knob

You'd be hard pushed to meet a single footballer that wasn't guilty of being 'a bit of a knob'. 

29 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Facing a hearing today over his betting charges that could possibly lead to a ban:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-target-joey-barton-to-face-hearing-over-betting-charges/story-29912613-detail/story.html

If he is banned, then that's got to be any link with us ended.

Hope its a life ban just to make sure....

I'd take him until the end of January, avoiding a betting ban permitting. He's a cracking CDM at a time when Thorne isn't fit and we've been forced to play people there who aren't natural with it.

He's fine under a manager he likes, he respects McLaren a lot. We'd have no issues with him, minus of course the immediate punch up with Bradley Johnson given the 'bad breath' red card at QPR v Norwich a few seasons ago!

39 minutes ago, Walsall_Ram said:

tbh, its a Scottish FA rule.. not an English FA rule.

Any ban will see him banned for SPL> games not Prem, Championship, League One/Two...

Would that be the case? I know any suspension through cards is carried over from different leagues (see Pogba missing for United's first game of the season)

1 hour ago, Alex W said:

I'd take him until the end of January, avoiding a betting ban permitting. He's a cracking CDM at a time when Thorne isn't fit and we've been forced to play people there who aren't natural with it.

He's fine under a manager he likes, he respects McLaren a lot. We'd have no issues with him, minus of course the immediate punch up with Bradley Johnson given the 'bad breath' red card at QPR v Norwich a few seasons ago!

I thought that we couldn't sign him until January because he was registered with Rangers when the window closed.

Archived