Joey Barton

DcFc Dyycheee
Message added by Day

Joey Barton - Appointed as Fleetwood Head Coach > https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29009-joey-barton-appointed-as-fleetwood-head-coach/

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, angieram said:

Are the people who want Joey Barton at our club the same ones who wanted Pearson as manager? 

Lots of people said we needed the Pearson type ( not me I didn't like him) and lots of people say we need the Barton type and I may agree with them over a period of time, if we did go for him he may well be that type of cover for the Thorne role which would allow Johnson to be selected in a more advanced role, apart from having a dislikeable personality his record of three promotions with Newcastle QPR and Burnley is impressive when surrounded with good players.

On 11/10/2016 at 13:57, TopRam said:

I'm sure someone on here said Barton said on talk sport he was coming here until Steve was sacked?

Haven't looked through so someone has probably responded but yeah he was on TalkSport like 2 months ago saying when Steve McClaren was at Derby he gave him a call but then I think it fell through because Mac left.

59 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Haven't looked through so someone has probably responded but yeah he was on TalkSport like 2 months ago saying when Steve McClaren was at Derby he gave him a call but then I think it fell through because Mac left.

I know SM was interested in taking him to Newcastle ,but powers above,vetoed it

It's up to Steve as he's a bit more qualified to assess what Barton could add to the team than us lot. Also I was in favour of NP only because I thought he would have us playing like the Leicester team that d***** us 4-1 at the crisp bowl. Sadly we ended up playing more like the Walkers crisps 3rd X1.

On 11/11/2016 at 08:47, eddie said:

First world war leader, sipping chilled Sancerre on the hill overlooking the battlefield?

Leaders don't smash chairs over people's heads. They don't get Newcastle Brown Ale bottles, stick them in your face and say "stitch that, Jimmy".

They don't get cigars off the table, stick them in your eye and say "stitch that, Jamie".

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Are the people who want Joey Barton at our club the same ones who wanted Pearson as manager? 

In my case yes.  i wanted more discipline and focus, but Pearson and this group of players didn't click.  Barton is a very good defensive midfielder who even at 34 can still deliver.  Steve knows him and should know how best to work with him.  IMO every team of any worth needs to have steel in the midfield. 

i was wrong about Pearson, but i was right about getting Steve back, so it evens out nicely

10 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Leaders don't smash chairs over people's heads. They don't get Newcastle Brown Ale bottles, stick them in your face and say "stitch that, Jimmy".

They don't get cigars off the table, stick them in your eye and say "stitch that, Jamie".

I'm glod somebody got the reference.

Too much of a loose cannon....having not played at Rangers for a while, where will his fitness levels be?

No doubts he was outstanding for Burnley last year, he would give Hughes more freedom as well.

Difficult but I think until the end of the season he wouldn't be much of a gamble

I will would edge (just) in favour if McLaren decide he wanted him

He went in Hughes' office, locked the door, and challenged him to a fight.  Hughes said he was the manager and he couldn't fight ... probably less genteel than that ... and Barton said, yeah, you're right, and walked out.  First and maybe last time I ever heard Joey make a rational decision.

I think Barton is suited to the Championship, he obviously struggles with the skill level of the Premiership players and must hate being in a team that is under performing and getting turned over every week.

No chance he'll come here then!?

No seriously though, it'll suit him to come here if we continue to be an improving team, plus if we do hit the Prem next year, he won't be coming with us.

i think it's a gamble worth taking.

Archived