Joey Barton - Appointed as Fleetwood head coach

Nuwtfly

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And he's taken a job at Fleetwood. Not a PL or top Championship team. I think his references were Shearer, Unsworth and Giggs. And to be fair, he's got a point. The first two were flops and how the hell has Giggs got an international job?

Good luck to him. 

On 19/04/2018 at 11:06, TroyDyer said:

And he's taken a job at Fleetwood. Not a PL or top Championship team. I think his references were Shearer, Unsworth and Giggs. And to be fair, he's got a point. The first two were flops and how the hell has Giggs got an international job?

Good luck to him. 

Would say that makes him look hypocritical tbh, if it is true. 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Would say that makes him look hypocritical tbh, if it is true. 

"Hi Joey. I know we're friends and I like what you have to say about football, and your ideas for my football club. Despite me wanting you to manage my club, I'm going to give the job to Sol Campbell so I don't get earhole grief off some bloke I don't know, on Twitter"

26 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

"Hi Joey. I know we're friends and I like what you have to say about football, and your ideas for my football club. Despite me wanting you to manage my club, I'm going to give the job to Sol Campbell so I don't get earhole grief off some bloke I don't know, on Twitter"

Well obviously it was more the walk in to a job without any expertise than the rooney rule part (which was just stupid)

4 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I am afraid as in life its not what you know or how qualified or experienced you are its who you know what matters most.

This not the first time this has happened and certainly won't be the last.

Surely this has happened to everyone at sometime so why the big surprise.

I don't think there is any surprise, just Barton saying that people shouldn't get a job as manager for who they are to then get his first job in management for who he is, it is just people pointing out the hypocrisy of it. 

Archived