Beer Thread

Cisse

On 22/09/2022 at 00:28, Eddie said:

Oktoberfest - the time of year when I have to confess that not all good things are Belgian...

oktoberfest.thumb.jpg.7c973769315c2da56cd2a7b5fba4e0e3.jpg

We’re off to Oktoberfest on Thursday. We’ve got one session in the Schottenhamel tent which is Spaten beer, and a session in the Armbrustschutenzelt (the crossbow tent!!) which serves Paulaner. The Saturday booking is 9am - 2pm so that will be interesting!  

10 hours ago, Kinder said:

We’re off to Oktoberfest on Thursday. We’ve got one session in the Schottenhamel tent which is Spaten beer, and a session in the Armbrustschutenzelt (the crossbow tent!!) which serves Paulaner. The Saturday booking is 9am - 2pm so that will be interesting!  

You have to make bookings these days? Things have changed since the mid-80's when I was last there, great fun, what I remember of it, but yes the morning session might be dangerous! Sorry, I am assuming you are referring to the Munich festival

Edited by dabber
Added Munich query

1 hour ago, dabber said:

You have to make bookings these days? Things have changed since the mid-80's when I was last there, great fun, what I remember of it, but yes the morning session might be dangerous! Sorry, I am assuming you are referring to the Munich festival

11 hours ago, Kinder said:

Went to Munich about 10 years ago for a stag do and I think I drank more beer in 2 days than the previous 2 years.  Not the slightest hangover or feeling rough.  Apparently it's something to do with German law that each beer must be made of a combination of 4 natural ingredients. No crap, no hangover.  Get stuck in

1 hour ago, dabber said:

Yeah, Munich. I think you can just turn up without a booking but the queues can be pretty long. Really looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Great choice Eddie, 9.5% though ??……I’ll be posting back on that covid thread after this ?

05EC1DFF-E20F-4F4E-95DE-40F057DC96B0.jpeg

Edited by TexasRam