Beer Thread

Cisse

• 1 month later...
On 27/01/2023 at 20:58, Eddie said:

Just had my first bottle of Vocation Mint Chocolate Stout (12% abv, £4 from Tesco).

Going back next week to buy a dozen - it's amazingly good.

Don't normally quote myself, but it's now basically £3 a bottle - 4 for the price of 3.

On the down side of beer heaven - on two occasions recently, beer orders from Bruges have arrived with breakages, despite bottles being well-packed and individually wrapped in bubble-wrap. I declined one order as the box was completely soaked in beer. Fair play to the brewery who sent me a replacement order which arrived within 5 days, but their email which arrived this morning indicates that they are having so many orders returned from the UK that they are going to stop shipping here.

On 19/03/2023 at 21:22, CWC1983 said:

I'll have to take a trip to my local tesco tomorrow. I normally have a browse of their beers but havnt seen mint stout in loughborough yet. 

It's still on sale in Long Eaton. Plenty there when we arrived yesterday morning, but a fair number fewer after we left.

• 2 weeks later...

Public Service Announcement

LIDL day is here again. Currently in stock as part of their Belgian week promotion...

• Van Steenberge boxes, each consisting of 1 x Gulden Draak, 1 x Gulden Draak Quadrupel, 1 x Piraat, 1 x Piraat Triple Hop, 1 x Bornem Dubbel and 1 x Bornem Tripel. 5 of the 6 are utterly world class beers. The Bornem Dubbel is nice too, but I tend to use it for cooking.
  • Cuvee Des Trolls 4-pack (a Belgian IPA)
  • Piraat 4-pack (strong tripel)
  • Piraat Triple Hop 4-pack (strong tripel but a little hoppier)
  • Bornem Blond 4-pack (a nice sipping beer)
  • Leute Bokbier 4-pack (a lovely Bok - heavy but not too sweet)
  • Leffe Blond 4-pack (it's cheaper at Tesco)

It would be rude not to.

None in my local Lidl but thanks for the heads up. I did order some barrel aged Vocations yesterday though, so all is not lost.

I haven’t had a drink since new year as I’m training for the London marathon. It’s a week on Sunday and it’s fair to say I’m frothing for a drink now!

1 hour ago, Kinder said:

None in my local Lidl but thanks for the heads up. I did order some barrel aged Vocations yesterday though, so all is not lost.

I haven’t had a drink since new year as I’m training for the London marathon. It’s a week on Sunday and it’s fair to say I’m frothing for a drink now!

I always visit 3 Lidls when it's 'Lidl day', just getting 3 or 4 boxes and a few 4-packs at each so as to leave plenty for others. The one at Chilwell had loads this morning, as did the one at Chaddesden. The one at Sandiacre had none - they were short-staffed today and hadn't had time to put them out yet. I will pay them a visit tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Haven't managed to drink all of mine from last year yet, so more for you !

I was rationing myself and still had 5 old boxes left. The Lidl magazine never mentioned the Van Steenberge boxes this time - only the other stuff, so I was pleasantly surprised. I thought that I was going to just have to make do with Leute Bok and Piraat.

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Public Service Announcement

LIDL day is here again. Currently in stock as part of their Belgian week promotion...

• Van Steenberge boxes, each consisting of 1 x Gulden Draak, 1 x Gulden Draak Quadrupel, 1 x Piraat, 1 x Piraat Triple Hop, 1 x Bornem Dubbel and 1 x Bornem Tripel. 5 of the 6 are utterly world class beers. The Bornem Dubbel is nice too, but I tend to use it for cooking.
  • Cuvee Des Trolls 4-pack (a Belgian IPA)
  • Piraat 4-pack (strong tripel)
  • Piraat Triple Hop 4-pack (strong tripel but a little hoppier)
  • Bornem Blond 4-pack (a nice sipping beer)
  • Leute Bokbier 4-pack (a lovely Bok - heavy but not too sweet)
  • Leffe Blond 4-pack (it's cheaper at Tesco)

It would be rude not to.

Piraat and Gulden Draak- oh yes please.