Beer Thread

Cisse

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Back in the 70s I was on formula milk?. This Stella was actually ok, better than the normal version 

Mackeson? Oh sorry, that's formula milk stout.

I did see news of it (Stella Artois unfiltered) recently.

Then again, at the same time I was told that Tesco were now stocking St Bernardus Abt 12 at £3.50 a bottle, so the unfiltered Stella Artois never got another moment's thought.

36 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Another product pandering to the bloody vegans. (Pardon the pun)

Didn’t know that, at least no animals died 

On Eddie’s advice I got a couple of Belgian beers from Morrisons today.

First was a Timmermans ‘Oude Gueuze’ 6.7% lambic brew, which I really didn’t care for one iota, although I did sup it all as it was expensive!

Now onto this little 8% charmer, much more to my liking.

BDD6798A-6CC4-4367-A147-F89A6FC3EA78.jpeg

Edited by Grumpy Git

On 18/06/2022 at 23:01, Grumpy Git said:

On Eddie’s advice I got a couple of Belgian beers from Morrisons today.

First was a Timmermans ‘Oude Gueuze’ 6.7% lambic brew, which I really didn’t care for one iota, although I did sup it all as it was expensive!

Now onto this little 8% charmer, much more to my liking.

BDD6798A-6CC4-4367-A147-F89A6FC3EA78.jpeg

Gueuzes are an acquired taste.

Boon Gueuze Mariage Parfait is slightly less 'in your face' with the funkiness. The Memsahib's currently scoffing her way through a Chimay White. I've had a 'Trip Trap' - a bottle of Westmalle Dubbel and a bottle of Westmalle Tripel, mixed. Now supping my Father's Day prezzy - a bottle of Auchentoshan.

On 19/06/2022 at 14:07, TexasRam said:

This afternoon’s tipple 

1225C765-A7E0-430D-B015-360FFA18AF44.jpeg

At one time, Tesco stocked St Feuillien Saison at £1.50 a bottle (perhaps they were clearing the shelves) - and it's lovely. The Affligem Tripel is a personal favourite - as is the Ciney Blond. A great choice.

11 hours ago, Kinder said:

Anyone else having a good drink tonight? I’ve shared a bottle of bubbly with Mrs Kinder, had a few Thornbridge beers and I’m now tucking into a Macallan. 

I had a low-key Tesco celebration - a bottle of St Bernardus Abt 12 followed by a Chimay White (Tripel) and a tot of Jim Beam.

Today, I'm breaking open one of my last two 75 cl bottles of 2015 Straffe Hendrik Heritage.

12 hours ago, Kinder said:

Anyone else having a good drink tonight? I’ve shared a bottle of bubbly with Mrs Kinder, had a few Thornbridge beers and I’m now tucking into a Macallan. 

Proper pushing the boat out there Kinder, champers and Macallen, happy days. ?

26 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Proper pushing the boat out there Kinder, champers and Macallen, happy days. ?

Paying for it today. My wife’s company won a big award yesterday so it was a double celebration. And I only dust off the Macallan on special occasions!

29 minutes ago, Kinder said:

And I only dust off the Macallan on special occasions!

There is a cafe in Salò on the western shore of Lake Garda called 'Pasticceria Vassalli', which has a display cabinet full of Macallens going back to god knows when, ('all marked 'not for sale'). They must be worth a fortune?

The cakes in there are to die for too, highly recommended.