Beer Thread

Cisse

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

Found a photo on line of their whisky cabinet:

image.png.2f7685faa1a57e3f1b4c5a6bd6c49a9e.png

Bloody hell, that’s an incredible collection.  A 1963 would be £6-7k so that lot would be worth stupid money.

We went to Lake Garda a few years ago and stayed near Salo, but I didn’t see that place.

4 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Bloody hell, that’s an incredible collection.  A 1963 would be £6-7k so that lot would be worth stupid money.

We went to Lake Garda a few years ago and stayed near Salo, but I didn’t see that place.

I've not been since 2019 and probably won't be going this year either, but I'm sure some are pre WW2?

3 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

A special beer for a special weekend.

image.jpg

I’ve got 6 of these left in the fridge. Carries its strength really well for me, doesn’t taste like a 10% beer. I really like like it, smooth and the bitterness kicks in later. What do you think?

10 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I’ve got 6 of these left in the fridge. Carries its strength really well for me, doesn’t taste like a 10% beer. I really like like it, smooth and the bitterness kicks in later. What do you think?

I love it. Gives a good taste without having that extra strength over powering taste. It’s one of my favourites. I like Jaipur too best served as cask from the pump. 

20 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

I've not been since 2019 and probably won't be going this year either, but I'm sure some are pre WW2?

I wonder if any belonged to Mussolini? Unlikely perhaps, but he lived for a few months at Villa Feltrinelli at nearby Gargnano during the short-lived Repubblica di Salo after he'd been sprung from captivity by the Nazis. The villa is now a top class hotel. 

Useless fact : Pasolini's "Sodom and Gomorrah" film was based on what he saw as the moral degradation of the RdS.

It's an unfortunate connection, since iirc Salo is a nice little town in a beautiful location! 

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

Villa Feltrinelli at nearby Gargnano during the short-lived Repubblica di Salo after he'd been sprung from captivity by the Nazis. The villa is now a top class hotel. 

Just had a gander and mentioned it to Mrs Grumpy, who was very impressed and asked 'when are we going'........................ Big mistake! I should have checked-out the price first. Cheapest room is €1,450 a night with a minimum two night stay! ?

3 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Just had a gander and mentioned it to Mrs Grumpy, who was very impressed and asked 'when are we going'........................ Big mistake! I should have checked-out the price first. Cheapest room is €1,450 a night with a minimum two night stay! ?

Yeah, it's a once-in-a-lifetime kind of place, but worth it if you want to be in the missus' good books forever ?

1 minute ago, sage said:

I've just put the 75cl Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel that @Eddie gave me in the pantry, ready for some news the whole country is expecting in the next day or two. 

Savid Javid rejoining the cabinet ? He's in and out more than Fulham and Watford are up and down.  All politicians get right on my tits frankly.  Expect him to run for PM when Johnson goes. Only a junior minister 7 years ago, he's had about 5 jobs since the.  He's the Terry Butcher of the politics world, if he's sat behind you expect the axe to swing.  At least you knew where you were with the old dinosaurs.

8 hours ago, sage said:

I've just put the 75cl Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel that @Eddie gave me in the pantry, ready for some news the whole country is expecting in the next day or two. 

Love that stuff, but it's the wrong time of year for me personally to drink beers much over 6% abv. However, I do have a bottle of this stuff in the cupboard to celebrate if/when we go top in time for Christmas ???

Noel_Gentile_75cl_amb_des+nocciole-ret-web.jpg

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Love that stuff, but it's the wrong time of year for me personally to drink beers much over 6% abv. However, I do have a bottle of this stuff in the cupboard to celebrate if/when we go top in time for Christmas ???

Noel_Gentile_75cl_amb_des+nocciole-ret-web.jpg

Normally its a winter drink but sometimes the occasion is too special for anything else 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2022 at 00:04, sage said:

It's quite amusing watching the Tory press tiptoeing around the issue, trying to justify reasons why the utterly incompetent and stupid Liz Truss will beat Rishi Sunak without actually saying the obvious, based upon the people who actually have a vote.

41064834_oknotok.thumb.jpg.db4c6101df7de60b533980b83778846d.jpg

Rishi the game show host against Truss the Thatcher Android.

Can’t really see either of them down the pub with a pint, fishing the dust out of the corner of their crisp packet.

I’m sure they empathise with the public in their own way.

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

It's quite amusing watching the Tory press tiptoeing around the issue, trying to justify reasons why the utterly incompetent and stupid Liz Truss will beat Rishi Sunak without actually saying the obvious, based upon the people who actually have a vote.

41064834_oknotok.thumb.jpg.db4c6101df7de60b533980b83778846d.jpg

I think the reality is that one is promising tax cuts now and the other is sticking with tax increases now and cuts before the next election.