Burnley v Derby

Carl Sagan

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Shackell who got skinned by Gray, forcing Keogh to dive in, for the first peno and who then caught the ball for the second one?

Oh, don't get me wrong, Shackell was poor tonight too. But that was Jason Shackell on a bad day. Keogh makes mistakes like that far too often and always has done. He's just not good enough.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

To be fair, I think Christie's been largely ok this season, although it's entirely possible he's having another mid-Winter wobbly.

Johnson is shocking. So, so bad. That Clement still plays him is probably his biggest sin right now for me. 

The Weimann/Bent/Blackman thing is also infuriating, last season we fell apart without a like-for-like replacement for Martin yet we still have none meaning that we can't drop him despite a poor run of form without completely changing our style of play. Instead of going for someone like Chris Wood or Ross McCormack or just any decent target man we picked up three inferior versions of Bamford who, despite his quality, had never really fit our attack in the first place. 

I can count the players who are playing even mediocre on two hands - Carson, Shackell, Warnock, Thorne, Butterfield, Ince. Camara looks alright (would be a joke if he doesn't start against Man U) and obviously can't wait to get Hughes back. I'd plug Baird and Pearce into the line-up, up front I don't know what to do, unfortunately it's an area we have to strengthen through the transfer market.

I can count our starting outfield players on two hands.

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

A bent referee, really? The words straws and clutching spring to mind

Definitely a poor ref. The replay showed both that Gray handled the ball and that Keogh made contact with the ball before \Gray went over. Martin was shoved from behind in the second half by Keane yet no penalty. Barton feigned injury from an innocuous challenge by Johnson yet Johnson was booked1 The ref was definiteley a homer.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't honestly know what to say.

Well, other than: I have a season ticket for sale... 

we're a mess - the club is just poisonous at the minute. I mean for the love of ****, we've got Chris Baird and Andreas Weimann's wife kicking off on twitter about the team selection. 

It's like a really, really long and **** episode of dream team - or footballer's wives for that matter!

Wouldn't you be hacked off after watching that if your old man can't even get into the match day squad 

Uuuuuurgh! It was just one of those evenings. 

Yes plenty of mistakes that we got punished for but i thought we looked confident and good for at least a draw until Jupiter forced cheeks open and... I've been watching too much Spartacus! 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't honestly know what to say.

Well, other than: I have a season ticket for sale... 

we're a mess - the club is just poisonous at the minute. I mean for the love of ****, we've got Chris Baird and Andreas Weimann's wife kicking off on twitter about the team selection. 

It's like a really, really long and **** episode of dream team - or footballer's wives for that matter!

Well someone, somewhere, made the decision to abandon the team spirit method and try and buy our way out of the league...that's ok when things are going well but when the chips are down...

It's nothing to do with mercenaries or over paid players because we haven't signed any real star players ! The biggest star we've signed is Darren bent and he can't get a sniff for some reason ! 

I haven't lost the faith with clement yet but he really needs to start making some key decisions and sticking to them ! Too many players playing out if there favoured role ! For a start Ince,  Blackman and Weimann are not wingers ! Johnson and Butterfield are not holding midfielders and Martin is not a target man ! 

Regardless on what system clement wants to play he needs to use the players he has to adapt to a system that suits them ! 

Wow wow wow..... Why haven't any of you applied for managers job then?  Some unbelievable Kak on here.  Mercenaries? The last player who I would not call a mercenary was Paul Goddard for turning down Liverpool because he'd given his word to us. Note The GOD in Goddard. What a star.  I've never seen a 1-4 defeat where the losing side were the better side. We all have our opinions but that was a freaky game after our stunning equaliser. Keep the faith. I do give a toss about Friday because we are playing the rags and I detest them (my neck of the woods).  These players can and must sort themselves out. We can get back on track. SSA

First half we were great apart from the own goal and it seem an unlikely 3 points was there for the taking. Second half we were our usual selves. No end product at all and could have played all night without scoring again. Martin should be dropped along with our 6 million (wtf) man Johnson. Bent should start (not on the bench wtf part 2). To be fair it took 2 penalties and a freak deflected goal to beat us.

I think tonight draws a line under our season and we do not deserve to be a Premiership team next season.

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

...but we helped by lumping endless balls into the penalty box which their centre halves dealt with because that is how a centre half should play...

In his interview Clement seemed pleased with the amount of 'crosses' we got in.  It worked at Wembley though remember?  He seemed rattled tonight under a very weak interview by Radio Derby.  I cannot see alot changing sadly.

Just now, unclej said:

In his interview Clement seemed please with the amount of 'crosses' we got in.  It worked at Wembley though remember?  He seemed rattled tonight under a very weak interview by Radio Derby.  I cannot see alot changing sadly.

i bet Keane was even more pleased with the crosses we got in....

7 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Where do we go from here? gifted 3 goals, a deflection and a bent referee. Dyche must think he's in heaven. the first penaly definitely wasn't a penalty. Gray handled the ball and keogh made good contact with it.

I've heard it all now, the lengths people will go to try and defend an absolute shocking display. Chief if you know anything about football you would know they were stone wall penos. Stupid challenge from Keogh even though Gray had overun it so if he'd pulled out Carson would have got it. And it wasn't just the one hand of Shackell but both. But hey if that makes you feel better then fair dos. As for where we go from here?? Its time for clement to justify why he got the job, and for a start drop the player who  has been abysmal for the last 4(at least) games who seems to be bullet proof.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well someone, somewhere, made the decision to abandon the team spirit method and try and buy our way out of the league...that's ok when things are going well but when the chips are down...

I'm sure the idea behind spending money was not to break the team spirit ! It does seem to have disrupted things slightly but don't forget our woeful form from the back end of last season before the money signings came in !

Archived