Burnley v Derby

Carl Sagan

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Deserved to win today.... better team but miraculously lost.... move on. What worries me in the long run is martins complete loss of form.... but more worryingly the widemen.... blackman offers nothing, russells is shot to bits.... ince is a luxury we cant afford.... front 3 positions really worry me

This.

It's really concerning how the front 3 just don't look on the same wavelength. 

Despite our performances of late, tonight hasn't deserved a 4-1 loss. In the first half we were much the better side. Two penalties which were poorly dealt with, two other goals where it could have gone anywhere after hitting our players. The quickfire penalties killed the game.

I actually think much of Derby's play tonight was better than for a few weeks. They have just had one of those nights where individual errors have been punished.

Camara offers far more than Ince or Russell and should start. Johnson should be replaced by Hendrick.

I bet we beat United.

1 minute ago, CWC1983 said:

My main concern is that the team look to be blowing out of their arses after 65 minutes every week. We've been waiting for a big effort in the 2nd half all season and it never comes. 

I mentioned this to a mate the other week, we looked so much fitter when we had our good run, winning seconds and closing down quicker they all look sluggish now. 

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Usual stream of drivel on here after a defeat. Great first half then some indivudual errors/bad luck and game was over.

They defended very well in first. Play similar against weaker team (Preston/Man U) and we'll be fine.

We played well in the first half, but did we look like scoring apart from the wonder strike even with 7 corners etc? no we didnt and we gifted them a goal with terrible defending.

then second half they were awful, 2 of the sloppiest penalties you will ever see, both centre halves should be embarrassed at giving away those and Shackell waving a lazy leg at the 4th was schoolboy stuff.

You cannot win a game or even draw one for that matter if you defend like that. they were awful and got exactly what they deserved.

6 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

I'll go further than that, he's an utter donkey. A donkey who gives his all and 90% of the time comes up adequate. But he's been covered a lot by playing alongside Shackell this season. Horrific own goal and sloppy penalty, his mistakes have cost us yet again tonight.

Shackell who got skinned by Gray, forcing Keogh to dive in, for the first peno and who then caught the ball for the second one?

The meltdown tonight is imminent but I don't think it's warranted after tonight. Had we not been poor in our previous three fixtures, I would not see tonight as anything to be concerned about. We had complete control and Burnley looked like doing nothing. Once the two penalties went in it was cruise control for them, the game was over.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

I actually think much of Derby's play tonight was better than for a few weeks. They have just had one of those nights where individual errors have been punished.

Camara offers far more than Ince or Russell and should start. Johnson should be replaced by Hendrick.

I bet we beat United.

I don't lie camara... Looks lively but not good enough. Nor has Blackman offered enough. If these are the clement signings rather than chris evans... Well bring back chris Evans or Jeremy clarkson for that matter. We need to get back into top gear. 

Archived