Burnley v Derby

Carl Sagan

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was more dispondent after Reading and Brum. Yes we lost but ffs apart from Keoghs first implision of the season and Shackell obviously spooked by something that caused to catch the ball i thought we played some decent stuff. Only change i would make is to drop Johnson for Bryso if hes fit.

Yes its really disappointing but i saw a lot to be positive about in terms of forward thinking play and not tippy tappy. Ramage went on that you make your own luck but they didnt exactly cut us open did they. Take away their one star and the rest are bang average. We make play offs i will take any of them on as they are all pretty much of a muchness.

Just now, CHCDerby said:

When was the last time we was put on the end of our seats with a good entertaining game?

When was the last time we had a one on one with the keeper after a great move?

When was the last time an opposition defense came off the pitch knowing they'd been in a game.

We are boring, predictable and going nowhere fast.

When was the last time we broke away with pace? When was the last time we turned up????

41 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'd happily bet with anyone that we won't nake it into the play offs. I'm 99.999999% sure that we won't. Bet at your own peril.

Someone went for £100, maybe that's too rich for your blood, I don't think I'd take that either tbh.

Let's try £20 to a charity of the winners choice. You on?

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

When was the last time we broke away with pace? When was the last time we turned up????

First bit, about 76 minutes ago when we turned defending a corner into a counter attack, unfortunately for us Ince was poor in the final third.

Second bit, tonight. I'm not having it that we didn't. It's easy to hide behind a 4-1 scoreline, there was much more to the game than that.

Neeeeeeexxxxxtttttt

34 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If fact it's worrying that we "played well" but got battered. I'd be shocked and I mean shocked if we made the playoffs .The team are bottlers, individuals, have no passion,bottlers,mentally weak,mercenaries, did i mention they are bottlers?

And the award for the most pessimistic Derby fan goes to....

1 hour ago, TroyDyer said:

I get shot for saying it, but Keogh is a poor footballer. A poor footballer that has had a relatively decent season, is still a poor footballer and will show his true self eventually. 

He needed replacing. 

He's not a poor footballer. He's a very adequate footballer at this level. However he's a very poor defender who for reasons known only to himself succeeds in making monumental errors when ever a cool head is called for. His body shape for the own goal and the penalty would be on page one of the "How Not To Defend" coaching manual. Tonight's game will do untold damage to his confidence which is hovering just above empty at the best of times. Credit to Clement for giving him enough self belief to get him to this stage of the season but the wheels were always going to come off at some point. He has been giving me palpitations for the last few years and I'm sat in the crowd so God only knows what his team mates are going through. Time for Clem to have a word with Sam to have a word with Mel about a quality number 5 if this season has got any chance of ending well.

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

First bit, about 76 minutes ago when we turned defending a corner into a counter attack, unfortunately for us Ince was poor in the final third.

Second bit, tonight. I'm not having it that we didn't. It's easy to hide behind a 4-1 scoreline, there was much more to the game than that.

Neeeeeeexxxxxtttttt

If we break away and the ball falls to Ince the breakaway is over. I mean break with pace and have a shot at goal. As for turning up yes first half wasn't bad but second half.....really??? When did we turn up for a full match not 25 mins....45 mins.... 60 mins.

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

When was the last time we went at a team and beat them...oh yes, when Stevie was manager.

Its looking more likely that giving a good amount of money to somebody in their first year of management, didnt really know the league or players that well, wasn't such a great idea. 

We are the Championships Manchester United. 

Just now, CHCDerby said:

Its looking more likely that giving a good amount of money to somebody in their first year of management, didnt really know the league or players that well, wasn't such a great idea. 

We are the Championships Manchester United. 

LVG has spent longer in management than you've been wearing big boy pants. 

22 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Had a week away from the Forum as after the Brum game (and post match tear-up) I really couldn't stomach reading ream after ream of non-supportive ********.  Tonight seems even worse and the irony of some on here calling our players bottlers!  I am convinced 50% of the posters on here are not true supporters.  

This Forum used to be mostly supportive, often informative, and frequently fun.  It is a long long way from that now, so I am going to have a few more weeks away.  Hope to see a few of you guys at the Fulham game. You know who you are.

Bottler! Seriously though, this is the worst run I can ever remember us been on. Everything about the club stinks now (see 1 deleted twitter post from a players wife). I think we'll probably go down. All our new signings are garbage and I will try and stick to this opinion even when they are obviously playing well. I'm also forgetting about all the posts I wrote in October saying Bradley Johnson is fantastic. I wasn't wrong...he was, pretending he was a good player. Get rid of all of them I say. All the players. The manager. The owner. Sack the board. Bring back Billy Davies.

I certainly didnt expect anything more than a thrashing a draw was hopeful. Clearly something is not right lbut there is still time lets try and give the play-offs a shot if we don't make it nevermind. 

Mel has said all along there was no immediate goal to go up straight away. Building a successful team takes time. 

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Bottler! Seriously though, this is the worst run I can ever remember us been on. Everything about the club stinks now (see 1 deleted twitter post from a players wife). I think we'll probably go down. All our new signings are garbage and I will try and stick to this opinion even when they are obviously playing well. I'm also forgetting about all the posts I wrote in October saying Bradley Johnson is fantastic. I wasn't wrong...he was, pretending he was a good player. Get rid of all of them I say. All the players. The manager. The owner. Sack the board. Bring back Billy Davies.

You forgot "give it Teale"

Just now, MuespachRam said:

or realistic? 

Realism is fine, but if it's only backed up with negativity then we might as well all call it a day. Today's performance has given me hope going forward, more so than a scrappy draw and a bad performance, I foresee an unbeaten run and quality finish to the season. I refuse to let the moaners drag me down. Let's review this thread in May!

1 minute ago, kingsy1884 said:

I certainly didnt expect anything more than a thrashing a draw was hopeful. Clearly something is not right lbut there is still time lets try and give the play-offs a shot if we don't make it nevermind. 

Mel has said all along there was no immediate goal to go up straight away. Building a successful team takes time. 

If we don't go up this season then Mel will 100% sack Clement don't be under any illusion about that. He wants/needs us to be in the Premier League next season.

Archived