Burnley v Derby

Carl Sagan

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

We played well in the first half, but did we look like scoring apart from the wonder strike even with 7 corners etc? no we didnt and we gifted them a goal with terrible defending.

then second half they were awful, 2 of the sloppiest penalties you will ever see, both centre halves should be embarrassed at giving away those and Shackell waving a lazy leg at the 4th was schoolboy stuff.

You cannot win a game or even draw one for that matter if you defend like that. they were awful and got exactly what they deserved.

For such a fervent Derby fan, your negativity is all encompassing, give them some slack, we were unlucky, we've played far worse than that, onwards and upwards

Dress it up how you will, we were unlucky with deflections and so on, we just haven't performed well enough yet again in a big game.

'Big' games this season, in my opinion;

Boro H (D) A (L)

Brighton H (D)

Burnley H (D) A (L)

Forest A (L)

Hull A (W)

Leeds H (L) A (D)

To me, this shows either Clement can't get the players up for a big game, or the players just aren't as good as we think, or their price tags suggest. Either means we need to change something. Personally it would be the formation. 

Martin is too isolated as the midfield don't get forward. I'd put Bryson in for Johnson. I can't really criticise Butterfield. After a slow start, he's slowly becoming the stand out player, especially in these big games.

On a positive note, we've only got 2 of the current top 7 to play this season, both at home! 

Up The Rams!

Plenty of good performances dragged down by some garbage.

Christie - Back to Mr 20 touches. Keeps the ball so long that when he does release it, it's waaaaay too late for anyone. That's when he's not losing it.

Johnson - Hi Savage.

Shackell and Keogh - Gray murdered you. Panic!!

Blackman - Signed him because we could. Like Weimann and Bent. Two other players that don't fit

--

Martin is not a target man. He's not good in the air. Keep crossing it and guess what? He still won't be good in the air. 

Please do away with Johnson and allow a midfielder to get near him. Look a far better team when it happens.

I'm struggling to see how Christie could be any more counter productive. Not just happy playing rubbish himself, he likes to make sure nobody else has time to do anything. Abysmal performance.

Where Thorne, Carson, Shackell (for the most part), Warnock, Butterfield and Ince deserved more from that game.

Brighton recently went 7 games without a win and Burnley had 1 win in 6.

String a couple of wins together and you are back in the game.

Hull after a bad patch won the last four and are top of the league.

All the knives are out - how about we group together as a team and back them to the hilt and encourage them?

Jesus Christ - half of you seem to only be happy when it's going badly so you have something to be indignant about.

I don't blame the players tonight. Effort was there, If it wasn't for the penalties, I saw us frustrating them and stealing it.. Problem is we are cursed. I've accepted it though, I even chuckled when their 4th went in. Bring on the next game!

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

We played well in the first half, but did we look like scoring apart from the wonder strike even with 7 corners etc? no we didnt and we gifted them a goal with terrible defending.

then second half they were awful, 2 of the sloppiest penalties you will ever see, both centre halves should be embarrassed at giving away those and Shackell waving a lazy leg at the 4th was schoolboy stuff.

You cannot win a game or even draw one for that matter if you defend like that. they were awful and got exactly what they deserved.

Blackman should have done better on the back post when he went with wrong leg. Thought Martin was gonna score when he hit that one from 10 yards out. Ince came in side and hit one well but straight at keeper. Not bad vs a very organised side playing deep and defensive.

We started 2nd half in the same fashion. Gray is a good player and centre halves both had shockers.

Football is great as so many things happen during a game. Players go in and out of form. Teams click and win matches, then lose games you never have expected.

There is more to it that x is rubbish and y doesn't know what he's doing and z should be playing there.

3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

For such a fervent Derby fan, your negativity is all encompassing, give them some slack, we were unlucky, we've played far worse than that, onwards and upwards

And isn't that the biggest worry.... We played "well" and LOST 4-1...! god help us when we play poorly..

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

This reminds me of that Wolves game away from home, where we actually played well and comical errors punished us. If we come back from this and get promoted, Clement deserves manager of the year.

I said exactly this to my lad, reminded me of that match, bar the goals we played pretty well, there's a lot more left in this season, hopefully everyone will write us off now, at their peril!

Archived