Burnley v Derby

Carl Sagan

Just now, Inglorius said:

Wouldn't you be hacked off after watching that if your old man can't even get into the match day squad 

**** the wifes. Silly split arxses 

we are a mess though. Didn't deserve that though. There's no way we need to go up with this tho. No chance. 

Consolidate. And reflect on championship footy

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a week away from the Forum as after the Brum game (and post match tear-up) I really couldn't stomach reading ream after ream of non-supportive ********.  Tonight seems even worse and the irony of some on here calling our players bottlers!  I am convinced 50% of the posters on here are not true supporters.  

This Forum used to be mostly supportive, often informative, and frequently fun.  It is a long long way from that now, so I am going to have a few more weeks away.  Hope to see a few of you guys at the Fulham game. You know who you are.

Whilst obviously being bemused/gobsmacked at what I've just seen I was pretty pleased bar the 4 Burnley (or we) scored.

PC got the line up spot on bar Johnson. Blackman was good first half, gave us an outlet on the left for a change which made it easier for Warnock. Butterfield was class throughout, best player on the pitch. Martin was better going forward and superb in defence too, lovely assist. Dominated the first half, plenty of chances for a change and we should have made our dominance pay. Second half was going the same IMO until the chuckle brothers got into full flow.

Just a big thanks to Keogh and Shackell, who totally ****** our night up completely.

Far better than we've played in weeks which is a big, big positive. I reckon Bryso in for Johnson next time and we might be onto something going forward. Considering how Shackell and Keogh have played all season I'm not worrying too much about tonight, freakish.

Or we could just ignore the facts and just call PC a **** PE teacher, moan that we don't create chances, Martin doesn't contribute, worst defence in the league etc etc

2 minutes ago, unclej said:

In his interview Clement seemed pleased with the amount of 'crosses' we got in.  It worked at Wembley though remember?  He seemed rattled tonight under a very weak interview by Radio Derby.  I cannot see alot changing sadly.

I was especially pleased with the comedy defending for the own goal and two penalties just to let you know Paul 

Once again lots of possession and we don't create an product.

For all our possession in the first half we didn't make their keeper work.

£30 odd million spent and we are no better than we were last season, questions have to be raised on whether Paul Clement is actually up to the job?

I'm afraid to say that for the first time I'm really beginning to lose confidence in both PC and Mel 

The lack of team spirit, togetherness , cohesiveness, the lack of leaders, the poor form being suffered by so many players at the same time , the constant changes in formation and players, the faffing around with the captaincy , the inability to get the players to buy in to a plan.  An absolute lack of any sort of fun or joy in what they are doing.

Theres something underlying all this in my opinion at the club. Far too many players, too many changes, no doubt lots of resentment at big salaries being paid to poorly performing newer players . Heavily spending on players who don't improve the overall team. Nativity in believing that throwing money at something was going to work out.

Compare the irony of the old austerity days  - we had more spirit, unity and common purpose in technically less skilful players than this lot every day of the week. Some of these players ar'nt derby players - we've ripped the heart out of the team and brought in a load of mercenaries with no sole for the club, all at once. 

Just now, i-Ram said:

Had a week away from the Forum as after the Brum game (and post match tear-up) I really couldn't stomach reading ream after ream of non-supportive ********.  Tonight seems even worse and the irony of some on here calling our players bottlers!  I am convinced 50% of the posters on here are not true supporters.  

This Forum used to be mostly supportive, often informative, and frequently fun.  It is a long long way from that now, so I am going to have a few more weeks away.  Hope to see a few of you guys at the Fulham game. You know who you are.

I'm sorry pal. But they ate bottlers. Simple

they did play ok. But u need to do it for 90 mins. Schoolboy errors 

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

The like is not for your absence, more for what you wrote just before.

Just now, i-Ram said:

Yes, it is even worse. I probably had a more positive experience the last time I trod in dog ****. Which is what too many people on here talk.

I spent some time on the sidelines too and I think I was better for it. Time to do it a bit more.

4-1 flatters them to be honest. But can't say we deserved anything from it. A loss was on the cards, but 4-1 just seems two goals too many.

I am concerned at this loss, but unlike Birmingham where we deserved everything we got, this one feels harsh. Did they even get 4 shots on target aside from the own goals and pens?

4 minutes ago, ValeRam said:

I'm afraid to say that for the first time I'm really beginning to lose confidence in both PC and Mel 

The lack of team spirit, togetherness , cohesiveness, the lack of leaders, the poor form being suffered by so many players at the same time , the constant changes in formation and players, the faffing around with the captaincy , the inability to get the players to buy in to a plan.  An absolute lack of any sort of fun or joy in what they are doing.

Theres something underlying all this in my opinion at the club. Far too many players, too many changes, no doubt lots of resentment at big salaries being paid to poorly performing newer players . Heavily spending on players who don't improve the overall team. Nativity in believing that throwing money at something was going to work out.

Compare the irony of the old austerity days  - we had more spirit, unity and common purpose in technically less skilful players than this lot every day of the week. Some of these players ar'nt derby players - we've ripped the heart out of the team and brought in a load of mercenaries with no sole for the club, all at once. 

Exactly my thoughts. well put.

Who gives a fook what Baird and Weimann's birds are saying on twitter? 

Are they demanding a place? Has either been unfairly left out. 

Why don't they shut up and stop embarrassing their income.

Sorry. income. I meant husbands

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Good post sir, see you at Fulham!

Archived