Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I respect that posting on here is a very personal matter, and timing is to a degree affected by current state of mind. I would be comforted though if @AshfieldRam, @Moist One and @ronnieronalde might sometime soon let us know there is more light since the turn of the year. Good to see the latter two posting from time to time. Stay strong you Rams, and Ronnie!

Good lad mate, thanks 

For some reason on here, even though people know who I am in real life, I feel I can answer honestly a question my mates ask and I don't want to tell them the truth.

I'm ducked, totally ducked but I'm hanging on by whatever thread i can find each day.

To be wobbling this badly in public is horrible and I'm wondering how it's going to pan out IF I can fix myself. 

There are those who have little enough respect for me already, without me confining their suspicions.

I'm recordong A LOT of video where I'm talking to myself but story telling, dont know how or even if I'll upload them, it's therapeutic and it's there as an explanation IF things don't change

You're a top man for asking, I know a while back I rowed with a couple of people I didn't ever want to row with and you sage rynny and revel are high on that list .as is David who eve when I don't try, I offend.

Top people, top place irrespective of the negatives and some of those i caused myself.

Good luck today ladies and gents, I'd be happier to log on tonight with you through and us having beaten Bradford.

11 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Good lad mate, thanks 

For some reason on here, even though people know who I am in real life, I feel I can answer honestly a question my mates ask and I don't want to tell them the truth.

I'm ducked, totally ducked but I'm hanging on by whatever thread i can find each day.

To be wobbling this badly in public is horrible and I'm wondering how it's going to pan out IF I can fix myself. 

There are those who have little enough respect for me already, without me confining their suspicions.

I'm recordong A LOT of video where I'm talking to myself but story telling, dont know how or even if I'll upload them, it's therapeutic and it's there as an explanation IF things don't change

You're a top man for asking, I know a while back I rowed with a couple of people I didn't ever want to row with and you sage rynny and revel are high on that list .as is David who eve when I don't try, I offend.

Top people, top place irrespective of the negatives and some of those i caused myself.

Good luck today ladies and gents, I'd be happier to log on tonight with you through and us having beaten Bradford.

You are far too hard on yourself Ronnie. If you’ve rowed with me, I can’t remember or it was of such consequence that l have forgotten.  A bit of rough and tumble keeps the blood moving buddy, and I very much doubt that any of those you mention don’t respect you (they simply might not see eye to eye with you on a few things). Such is life. Hang tough, and keep posting.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/01/2019 at 09:01, i-Ram said:

I respect that posting on here is a very personal matter, and timing is to a degree affected by current state of mind. I would be comforted though if @AshfieldRam, @Moist One and @ronnieronalde might sometime soon let us know there is more light since the turn of the year. Good to see the latter two posting from time to time. Stay strong you Rams, and Ronnie!

Thank you for asking. 

I'm still not fully okay. I will admit things have got a little bit better now but things got a lot worse for me in the new year. When the festive period was over, I was able to speak properly to a mental health charity who dug a little deeper into what was triggering all this. Turns out, i had suppressed some trauma from my childhood so much that something inside me just snapped and bought all this emotional distress on. I was referred to the Crisis team who visited me at home a few times a week to check on my well being and to make sure i wasn't in any danger. I've now been signed off by these but have to wait 4 weeks until i can access CBT.

I've managed to do a couple of hours at work on the odd occasions, and i'm extremely thankful that my boss has been supportive throughout. 

I'm currently scheduled to have therapy sessions with 2 different charities as well as the fore mentioned CBT.

I'm by no means fixed and even as early as this morning i broke down in tears but i'm starting to edge towards slight normality. I'm now realising that there is help for me and the level of support i'm getting from my Girlfriend, Family and Friends is incredible. I feel like there's hope again. 

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 19:06, Dappled Ram said:

Just wanted to say anxiety and depression very common after flu particularly if you are prone to mental health issues. Don't worry about having time off work or letting the little one watch TV. Put your needs first for a bit. As a family you are part of a team and everyone is important including you. Have you tried magnesium supplements. They do help and can be taken with prescription medication too. Vitamin B supplements are good too. Hope you feel better soon - anxiety is horrible.

I've been taking magnesium tablets for a couple of weeks and it's worked really well for me. Maybe it's a placebo effect. It's meant to relax the muscles and reduce tension, a cause of anxiety.

I was at the Hull game and all of a sudden when I sat down, I felt my symptoms of a panic attack growing. I thought for 5 mins oh no not now. Thankfully nothing happened. I'm wondering if the adrenaline rush causes me to panic sometimes.

in no way am I trivialising the issues we have all faced, BUT, I am beginning to think there's a correlation of my happiness and mood versus Derby County's form! It seems when I am miserable and in a bad place, the Mighty Rams are unstoppable. When I am content with life and feeling a bit decent about myself, Derby County become clueless!

Anyway, hope all is well for everyone. Sounds like most of us are coping, and perhaps a bit more daylight into our eyeballs is helping.

On 26/02/2019 at 07:07, Moist One said:

in no way am I trivialising the issues we have all faced, BUT, I am beginning to think there's a correlation of my happiness and mood versus Derby County's form! It seems when I am miserable and in a bad place, the Mighty Rams are unstoppable. When I am content with life and feeling a bit decent about myself, Derby County become clueless!

Anyway, hope all is well for everyone. Sounds like most of us are coping, and perhaps a bit more daylight into our eyeballs is helping.

I've got a lot crossed that things align for you and Derby get themselves flying to give you a lift.

I'm the same but opposite. Unless the brewers get a win or at least a point, my week is in ruins.

I've had to stop going to games so only have the "text" on bet365 and the forum which I've taken a self imposed time out on. Football sure does have a lot to answer for. Highs and lows.

5 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I've got a lot crossed that things align for you and Derby get themselves flying to give you a lift.

I'm the same but opposite. Unless the brewers get a win or at least a point, my week is in ruins.

I've had to stop going to games so only have the "text" on bet365 and the forum which I've taken a self imposed time out on. Football sure does have a lot to answer for. Highs and lows.

I do really worry about you Craig. I'm not sure you're in a positive environment. Easy for me to say based on what I read. Us humans are sociologically and biologically "social" creatures. Isolation affects me badly, even when I'm surrounded by people. I wonder if you're similar, but worse.

My post was a tongue-in-cheek bit of dark humour. I struggle with times/events that are supposed to be where you're in a group of family/friends, and probably winter itself.

Does anybody else ever feel they are on the brink of having it all worked out?

I read so many self help books & audio books etc. In my head i seem to know it all, but when it comes into putting it into action.... nothing at all.

Fitness goals, career goals, simple self development... i have all the knowledge, part from how to put it into action (the only part that matters).

Drives me insane!

2 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Does anybody else ever feel they are on the brink of having it all worked out?

I read so many self help books & audio books etc. In my head i seem to know it all, but when it comes into putting it into action.... nothing at all.

Fitness goals, career goals, simple self development... i have all the knowledge, part from how to put it into action (the only part that matters).

Drives me insane!

I had this relationship with most sports. Can talk a great game, understand the tactics and the training, and the mentality, just was never physically adept enough, for one reason or another!

In terms of mental issues, I think it takes a journey to get to the level of awareness it takes to actually realise you have something that needs looking at.

Can’t think what I’d do without these two... they really are the best, as much as I’ve rescued them they’ve rescued me! Anyone struggling I can not recommend a pet enough, gives you responsibility and something to get up for, gives you unconditional love and accepts you for who you are, they really are the best.

6810EC4A-C886-4243-848B-E3FFF14851E9.jpeg

On 09/03/2019 at 21:45, Ramslad1992 said:

Can’t think what I’d do without these two... they really are the best, as much as I’ve rescued them they’ve rescued me! Anyone struggling I can not recommend a pet enough, gives you responsibility and something to get up for, gives you unconditional love and accepts you for who you are, they really are the best.

6810EC4A-C886-4243-848B-E3FFF14851E9.jpeg

Since watching Afterlife i have applied to volunteer at the local rescue centre as a dog walker.

Hopefully as an opportunity to give back to the animal which gives us humans so much. Don't have a dog myself but when my son (and possibly one more child) get a bit older i will be all over it.

38 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Since watching Afterlife i have applied to volunteer at the local rescue centre as a dog walker.

Hopefully as an opportunity to give back to the animal which gives us humans so much. Don't have a dog myself but when my son (and possibly one more child) get a bit older i will be all over it.

My old dog died about 5 years ago and I didn’t want another one so soon so I did the exact same thing. Went every Sunday morning to walk a few rescue dogs and ended up bringing these two home with me, I like to think I chose them but didn’t really have a choice! Every child needs to have a dog at some point ?

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Struggling.

Deliberately taking a hammer to long standing relationships, ignoring my family, drinking far too much.

I know I'm doing it, but I'm not sure I care.

I don't think it's mental either, just who I am.

It's hard to get a handle on who people really are without actually meeting them but you definitely don't come across how you (currently) view yourself. Folk like the man you describe don't have families or longstanding friendships to 'take a hammer to' so most likely this is rooted in something other than just who you are. I'd try talking to someone. There could be all manner of reasons why you're feeling off-kilter right now other than those you've assumed. Hope you feel better soon in any case mate and sorry if this all sounds a tad pithy, but I didn't want to leave your post unanswered. 

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Struggling.

Deliberately taking a hammer to long standing relationships, ignoring my family, drinking far too much.

Hard to respond with anything meaningful, i do know how you feel, i was so low a year or so ago.

It wont be who you are I am sure of it, there has to be a trigger for your feelings somewhere even if you arent sure what it is.

Dont be afraid to go talk to your GP, best thing i ever did almost breaking down in front of mine, a massive weight off my shoulders someone taking time to help me rather than those that say 'sort yourself out'.

17 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Struggling.

this sadden me revel, not least because as meaningless as it is to you, you've been my favourite poster on this forum for a good few years now, and when I've been really low, many of your posts have made me smile.

I can't answer for your issues, but awareness, as I am consistently convinced,  is the start of a recovery. and alcohol is the fuel for lots of misery, especially if it's chemically enhanced lagers brewed in the UK (such as Stella).

I imagine if you can sustain a couple of weeks off the drink, even if you're not a big drinker, and replace it with something rewarding, like cycling or jogging, or even reading a book or two, I would wager a massive swing in mentality.

Again, I know things are easier said than done. I just hope that you can get yourself right before you do anything you cannot repair.

If you need to vent, feel free to PM me mate. I know you probably won't, but the offer, and the respect is and always will be there pal.

Edited by Moist One
missed words

I was totallly ignorant about this stuff and didnt ever think I’d be in this boat, but life throws stuff at you that you’d never expect. It’s a horrible place to be at times but I have the love of good people close to me so it helps. 

Anyone else struggling nothing much I can say, just talk and don’t bottle it up X 

21 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Struggling.

The drinking never helps... but it will get better mate, always here for a chat if you need it ?.

21 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Struggling.

What's up, brother? 

Chuck the words down on here and let's have a look how ducked up you are. 

For me when summer goes my sanity goes with it but this time of year I start growing back into a human. 

Would be good to swim in your mess. You're alright. Nearly like you.