Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

Nowt like shooting yourself in the foot is there.

Coming off a slip road on the way home, see there's loads of room... Boom. Car in front has decided to stay stopped.

Kicking myself so much right now. Hardly any damage to either car. Only a slight bump on the bumper. But will be put through insurance which I can't exactly afford which in turn means asking for help financially (the most degrading feeling ever).

Trying to sort my life out then I do something stupid like this.

2 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Coming off a slip road on the way home, see there's loads of room... Boom. Car in front has decided to stay stopped.

Kicking myself so much right now. Hardly any damage to either car. Only a slight bump on the bumper. But will be put through insurance which I can't exactly afford which in turn means asking for help financially (the most degrading feeling ever).

Paying a body shop instead of claiming is sometimes cheAper than you think. Worth getting a quote and comparing to your excess and future increased premiums mate.

40 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Paying a body shop instead of claiming is sometimes cheAper than you think. Worth getting a quote and comparing to your excess and future increased premiums mate.

Not bothered about my car in the slightest. Nothing wrong with it. Same with the other guys but looks like he's going to go through insurance. It's literally scratches I reckon on a non coloured plastic bumper!

Took my girlfriend away this past weekend. Every day I felt like having a panic attack. I felt terrible, not only physically but mental it was so tough. I was constantly having to do things to stop the effects. It tends to happen when I get an adrenaline rush. For instance, at Derby games I’ve felt awful too. At work, when I have to speak in front of people I feel faint. Dizzy and struggling to breathe at times. It’s like my body cannot cope with excitement and it’s heartbreaking for me. I seemingly can’t do ordinary social activities without having to concentrate on my breathing or feeling sick. I don’t understand why this keeps occurring.

I had a panic attack nearly 2 years ago and the aftermath has never gone away. It was so random. I think I just felt faint and tried desperately to control, which ended up me being carted in the back of the ambulance. I don’t understand how one moment can then ultimately, not make me feel like the same man anymore. I’m a healthy person, I’ve cut out eating rubbish. Talking about it to a GP feels embarrassing as they’ll probably put me on drugs and I don’t want to take them. I want my brain to be retrained and I don’t know how. My girlfriend reckons I’m producing too much adrenaline but how is that possible. It’s so bizarre and I don’t want this to affect my personal relationships. 

Damn it.

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Not bothered about my car in the slightest. Nothing wrong with it. Same with the other guys but looks like he's going to go through insurance. It's literally scratches I reckon on a non coloured plastic bumper!

One of those things,  cant beat yourself up but easy to think someone is taking the mick.

Try not to get wound up when they have courtesy cars etc. Even a whiplash claim, he will have people in his ear offering to claim all sorts. 

Way of the world. You have done the reasonable thing in offering to sort outside insurance not much else you can do.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Took my girlfriend away this past weekend. Every day I felt like having a panic attack. I felt terrible, not only physically but mental it was so tough. I was constantly having to do things to stop the effects. It tends to happen when I get an adrenaline rush. For instance, at Derby games I’ve felt awful too. At work, when I have to speak in front of people I feel faint. Dizzy and struggling to breathe at times. It’s like my body cannot cope with excitement and it’s heartbreaking for me. I seemingly can’t do ordinary social activities without having to concentrate on my breathing or feeling sick. I don’t understand why this keeps occurring.

I had a panic attack nearly 2 years ago and the aftermath has never gone away. It was so random. I think I just felt faint and tried desperately to control, which ended up me being carted in the back of the ambulance. I don’t understand how one moment can then ultimately, not make me feel like the same man anymore. I’m a healthy person, I’ve cut out eating rubbish. Talking about it to a GP feels embarrassing as they’ll probably put me on drugs and I don’t want to take them. I want my brain to be retrained and I don’t know how. My girlfriend reckons I’m producing too much adrenaline but how is that possible. It’s so bizarre and I don’t want this to affect my personal relationships. 

Damn it.

You may benefit from some cognitive behavioural course. Might help you understand why it happens.

Don't be afraid of the GP, drugs will be a last resort but if you do it doesn't mean you are stuck on them. Maybe if you did and it stopped happening you would forget it ever did and be able to come off them.

No embarassment in talking to someone.

9 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Oh bugger, I hate these situations, someone’s probably been in their ear about compensation.  ?

12 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Why did he stop on a slip road? ?

12 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

It could be deliberate act by them, if he stopped for no reason, it could be a crash for cash.  Make it clear to your insurer that it was a clear road, no reason for them to stop, ask what is being claimed for, as you can challenge it, especially as you are not having any repairs to yours.

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Why did he stop on a slip road? ?

3 hours ago, McRamFan said:

It could be deliberate act by them, if he stopped for no reason, it could be a crash for cash.  Make it clear to your insurer that it was a clear road, no reason for them to stop, ask what is being claimed for, as you can challenge it, especially as you are not having any repairs to yours.

I assumed he meant getting off a motorway on slip road. 

Sadly a rear end shunt is almost always considered the person at the backs fault.

9 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Damn it.

You should go and see your GP buddy, and as appropriate take prescribed drugs if there is a chemical imbalance in your body. You cannot continue to suffer like you clearly are - two years!  You say you don’t want to be put on drugs?  You should not see this as a bad thing. It seems to me to be a very necessary step to start putting you right.  If you smashed your legs, would you say no to morphine, having your leg put in plaster, or turn down the use of crutches?  I would hope not, but that appears to be your logic.

l really think there is likely to be a good fix here.  I hope you get better soon.

10 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Damn it.

There are a few natural remedies (typically for stress) which you could try:

• Panax ginseng
  • Holy basil (tulsi)
  • Indian ginseng (ashwagandha)
  • Astragalus root
  • Licorice root
  • Rhodiola
  • Cordycep mushrooms

On 09/04/2019 at 03:38, SouthStandDan said:

Damn it.

Please get help, theres medication out there which will sort out the chemical imbalance causing this that will help, i.e SSRI's

• 1 month later...

I’ve been on a massive high all day thanks to last night’s result but I’m a little down now. I just heard something said about me that categorically isn’t true, but it’s not exactly something that can be easily disproved. It also brings back ideas that my larger circle of friends get the wrong impression about me and misunderstand me quite a bit. That’s probably because of what I project on the surface, but it’s difficult knowing that I’m probably a better person than people think. I don’t really show my emotions or sensitive side so it’s easy to see why people get the wrong impression.

I want to emphasise that I’m extremely lucky to have never had any mental health issues. This is just one of those little life things that I’ll have forgotten about in the morning (I’m sober though, don’t worry). Just thought I’d get it off my chest on here.

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’ve been on a massive high all day thanks to last night’s result but I’m a little down now. I just heard something said about me that categorically isn’t true, but it’s not exactly something that can be easily disproved. It also brings back ideas that my larger circle of friends get the wrong impression about me and misunderstand me quite a bit. That’s probably because of what I project on the surface, but it’s difficult knowing that I’m probably a better person than people think. I don’t really show my emotions or sensitive side so it’s easy to see why people get the wrong impression.

I want to emphasise that I’m extremely lucky to have never had any mental health issues. This is just one of those little life things that I’ll have forgotten about in the morning (I’m sober though, don’t worry). Just thought I’d get it off my chest on here.

Mind me asking what was said and what context it was in? Problem is that because you may have heard a snippet of what someone thinks about you but might have not heard the whole context.. which doesnt tell its full story. Personally I wouldnt worry mate, your a good lad!

8 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Mind me asking what was said and what context it was in? Problem is that because you may have heard a snippet of what someone thinks about you but might have not heard the whole context.. which doesnt tell its full story. Personally I wouldnt worry mate, your a good lad!

Thank you mate. It’s something I’d rather keep private to be honest but I’m going to speak to the people involved tomorrow. Should all be sorted soon.