Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

Maybe our early dependency on our parents leads us to the false expectation that others can be similarly relied upon to care or to help.  we also imagine that if we work hard our efforts will be appreciated and rewarded, but eventually life teaches us a few harsh lessons in that regard. We hope that others will come to our assistance when we need help, but again we find that we can invest false hope in friends, family and others. Ultimately life is a solo journey. Sometimes more so than at others. But we each have to paddle our own canoe. Keep paddling folks. You all have my best wishes. 

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

Maybe our early dependency on our parents leads us to the false expectation that others can be similarly relied upon to care or to help.

Early dependence on parents is necessary for survival and development. It's more the case that inadequate or absent parental nurturing leads to neediness and over reliance on others, from not having developed the feeling of being safe in the world. 

16 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Turns out my cyst was rather more serious than I thought, and I'm going for surgery in 2 hours. 

I've totally convinced myself I'm about to die under anesthesia, and I'm pooping meself.

I've sent the family home, and am sitting by the bed in bits.

Someone give me a slap.

Man up.... 

Sorry, it's a joke, just trying to cheer him up before the PC police jump on it.

Incoming.

Good luck Revel.. Trust in the NHS lads and lassies. Hope it all goes well.

19 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Turns out my cyst was rather more serious than I thought, and I'm going for surgery in 2 hours. 

I've totally convinced myself I'm about to die under anesthesia, and I'm pooping meself.

Someone give me a slap.

Hope it’s ok mate,good that they’ve done it quick,it must have needed doing.

You should have given us a shout,we’re pretty experienced with surgery so we’d have had a go at doing it for you.

19 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Someone give me a slap.

How are you?

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

How are you?

I ended up having the surgery at 1.30pm this afternoon after a last minute hitch delayed things after I'd been prepped originally at midnight.

21hrs nil by mouth in the end.

Fookin hurts, two incisions in the bawlbag then flush out and clean the infection, now starting a 24hr IV course of antibiotics for now, but will probably change again once the results from the lab come in, so looking at a boring few days before going home.

IMG_20181219_164109908.thumb.jpg.b8955f48bf32e20e3c53696106bc3ed1.jpg

11 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I ended up having the surgery at 1.30pm this afternoon after a last minute hitch delayed things after I'd been prepped originally at midnight.

Fookin hurts, two incisions in the bawlbag then flush out and clean the infection, now starting a 24hr IV course of antibiotics for now, but will probably change again once the results from the lab come in, so looking at a boring few days before going home.

Crap that you’re stuck in hospital mate,antibiotics are crucial mate,you don’t want any post operative infection...especially in that region.

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Cheers.

I do feel sorry for myself, then think of all your lad goes through and it puts things in perspective.

I think we all would be if we was knocked out and had our balls fiddled with, then wake up to Robin Hood curtains.

There’s a Santa’s sack joke to be had here, I just can’t think of one yet.

35 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I had a hydrocele, mate. Caused my a hernia in my groin from my tennis days. 

Went to sleep with him saying he was draining it and would be up and about in 3 days, to waking up with him saying it was infected and they had scraped my ballbag as well as draining it.

Didn't walk for 2 weeks and dreamt I was the king of all monkeys when I was on Tramadol. 

I feel yout pain. My stitches were also too tight and got infected ?, so had to go back to hospital. Then Thorne ducked his knee in pre season the day I came out. Not a good 3 weeks.

52 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I had a chest infection a year ago an somehow the infection ended up in my scrotum. It was like being kicked in the balls every 10 seconds. Antibiotics sorted it. If you have 10% of that pain I feel for you. 

Glad you are on the mend. Make sure the missus avoids spend bumps on the way home. 

56 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Looked at the photo again. Can't believe you have a lazy lob on. The nurses must be fit if you are having a trouser commotion in your condition.  

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Crickey there's a few hats in that hat stand on the wall. Don't be wearing more than one at a time though. There are enough two hats in Nottingham as it is. Get well soon. 

27 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Cheers.

I do feel sorry for myself, then think of all your lad goes through and it puts things in perspective.

Cheers but I understand how traumatic the whole process is and it’s good you’ve been in and had it done,the whole Hospital process is bloody stressful and we’ve got plenty coming.

Glad you’re doing ok?

27 minutes ago, Norman said:

I had a hydrocele, mate. Caused my a hernia in my groin from my tennis days. 

Went to sleep with him saying he was draining it and would be up and about in 3 days, to waking up with him saying it was infected and they had scraped my ballbag as well as draining it.

Didn't walk for 2 weeks and dreamt I was the king of all monkeys when I was on Tramadol. 

I feel yout pain. My stitches were also too tight and got infected ?, so had to go back to hospital. Then Thorne ducked his knee in pre season the day I came out. Not a good 3 weeks.

They're not stitching mine up, they say it heals better left open.

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Why is there a doner kebab meat slab on the wall?