The view from the outside 15/16

Ambitious

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Srg said:

Seem to remember a shot calmly bouncing into Carson's arms first half, but yeah, I'm struggling.

The shot, if you can call it that, was near the end. Cant remember who, might have been Onuha, had a header that looped up in the air and dropped into Carsons arms. 

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

By rights they should be thanking us considering it was the final nail in Ramsey's coffin. All this about no black managers in the game, it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact they are all rubbish when the get a job in the top 2 leagues. 

Probably not worded quite correctly but I see your point. Ramsey, John Barnes and Paul Ince are two that I can recall that have done particularly badly, with Keith Curle, Chris Powell  and Chris Hughton (this season aside) haven't exactly worked wonders. Surely this proves that interviewees should be based on their worthiness, not just because they're black? Despite this, credit to Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink who has done spectacularly well with Burton.

If fairness had wot to do with it, we would have beaten them at Wembley and they would have been in financial meltdown and found themselves playing in the Inner London Sunday League for the over 30's and hence not be playing us at all on Tuesday night. Ramsey can stick those facts up his rectum!

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Probably not worded quite correctly but I see your point. Ramsey, John Barnes and Paul Ince are two that I can recall that have done particularly badly, with Keith Curle, Chris Powell  and Chris Hughton (this season aside) haven't exactly worked wonders. Surely this proves that interviewees should be based on their worthiness, not just because they're black? Despite this, credit to Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink who has done spectacularly well with Burton.

Some of these did a Sherwood - decent players who people then thought would walk into management. Never works like that. 

JFH done it properly. Go around the place, learning the trade, go to a lower league club like Burton - an apprenticeship, if you will.

3 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Some of these did a Sherwood - decent players who people then thought would walk into management. Never works like that. 

JFH done it properly. Go around the place, learning the trade, go to a lower league club like Burton - an apprenticeship, if you will.

To be fair to Ince he went to the lower leagues first did well then moved up to the prem, then his management career went down hill

I think it's incredibly difficult for black managers, and Ince senior has a point. It seems a black manager gets the sack or struggles in one job, and that's him done fortes, whereas there are some white managers who get given job after job despite never doing anything special.

The solution to that isn't the Rooney Rule, it's to stop employing terrible white managers time and time again.

Tim Sherwood will find another job in the top 2 leagues. Just you watch.

13 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I think it's incredibly difficult for black managers, and Ince senior has a point. It seems a black manager gets the sack or struggles in one job, and that's him done fortes, whereas there are some white managers who get given job after job despite never doing anything special.

The solution to that isn't the Rooney Rule, it's to stop employing terrible white managers time and time again.

Exactly, I think that is one area I agree with. There has to be some reason all these crap white managers keep getting employed.

What I can't explain is why it doesn't seem to affect spanish/portuguese/uruguayan etc. managers. Are they just light enough to be honorary whiteys? I don't get how this perceived racist conspiracy is supposed to work. Speaking in real terms, is Jose Mourinho that much "lighter" than Keith Curle or Chris Hughton? 

25 minutes ago, Duracell said:

But isn't it because most of those white managers you mention (I assume) tend to be the older ones and of a generation where there were pretty much no black managers in their peer group?.

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

You could also argue that there are a lot of promising white managers who are kept out of the same roles due to the same crap white managers.  

Personally I would like to see stats based on how many black men are applying for management/head coach jobs.

I also think the main issue is that ex footballers are given preferential treatment. I don't think you need to be an ex pro, or a ex pro of decent standard to be an excellent coach, tactician or man manager.

If he'd have set his team to play against us I reckon they'd have stood a chance, they were a big athletic side with a lot of skill.

for them to be time wasting before half time, fouling, conning the ref then he deserves to be sacked regardless of his colour.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2015, 4:35:58, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Personally I would like to see stats based on how many black men are applying for management/head coach jobs.

I also think the main issue is that ex footballers are given preferential treatment. I don't think you need to be an ex pro, or a ex pro of decent standard to be an excellent coach, tactician or man manager.

Good point, though I doubt Lord Brian would've agreed!:cool:

Archived