The view from the outside 15/16

Ambitious

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 90% certain that one of those posters is my mate, he's pretty knowledgeable about football to be fair but sometimes open to hyperbole. I doubt he means 'diaboloical' but probably thinks that our back 4 should be stronger. I'll take issue with him over Shacks and Keogh though.

http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?28966-Derby-(A)-build-up-18-10

"Yeah, that defence is diabolical for a top end club at this level. Wouldn't want a single one here. Nor the keeper."

"Good midfield and forward line up, and they've picked up their form lately but I'm still confident we can get something. Their back four is pretty dreadful"

TBF, if he's basing that on our last performance at moley-new, then he's got a point.

When the back 5 isn't the same as the one that played there?

Well, I wouldn't expect them to know who's played every game for us this season, I wouldn't know who's playing for Wolves until they run out next week. 

Having said that most (all?) of the players who played at Wolves last season are still here, so potentially could play against them next week, who was it Grant, Forsyth, Christie, Keogh,  ?Shotton?

All it takes is a very quick glance at our goals conceded column to shoot down any comments about our ‘poor’ defence. In short, we have the joint-least conceded goals in the league (7) and this is despite playing four of the six teams currently above us. Their team has let in 11. The only justified argument any team could have against Derby so far this season is one saying that we haven’t scored enough goals. Which is ironic, seeing as the general consensus seems to be that we’re weak at the back and strong up front.

http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?28966-Derby-(A)-build-up-18-10

"Yeah, that defence is diabolical for a top end club at this level. Wouldn't want a single one here. Nor the keeper."

"Good midfield and forward line up, and they've picked up their form lately but I'm still confident we can get something. Their back four is pretty dreadful"

Haven't we got one of the best defensive records in the championship? Don't understand this statement at all!

Well, I wouldn't expect them to know who's played every game for us this season, I wouldn't know who's playing for Wolves until they run out next week. 

Having said that most (all?) of the players who played at Wolves last season are still here, so potentially could play against them next week, who was it Grant, Forsyth, Christie, Keogh,  ?Shotton?

Yes but all he has to do is look at the league table, go straight to the column headed conceded or against and make an educated decision on whose defence is worse!

He would have seen us at Molineux last season when we helped them win with some defensive suicide. It was Raul and Keogh at CB. 

He may have seen MK Dons, Burnley and Birmingham.

MK Dons had a couple of point blank chances, that chance where Warnock and Shackell got mixed up and then the goal. 

At Birmingham he probably saw Donaldson cause too much trouble in the first half and miss a fairly easy header and they scored from miles away. 

Seen the worst of us really.

He would have seen us at Molineux last season when we helped them win with some defensive suicide. It was Raul and Keogh at CB. 

He may have seen MK Dons, Burnley and Birmingham.

MK Dons had a couple of point blank chances, that chance where Warnock and Shackell got mixed up and then the goal. 

At Birmingham he probably saw Donaldson cause too much trouble in the first half and miss a fairly easy header and they scored from miles away. 

Seen the worst of us really.

probably the wrong thread for it, but this is something that has worried me. 

Last season, when we went all ****, our defense didn't suddenly crumble overnight, it just seemed like every little mistake was pounced on and cost us. We'd been making at least one mistake per game, and getting away with it, and I think most teams do, so that's not really an issue. 

This time, everyone (Derby fans) are saying our defense is a fortress, yet we're still making the odd mistake, mostly a mix up or miscommunication at the back. At least one pretty serious one each game, which, on another day, should have been pounced on. 

Its not really any different to what it was last season. 

Or am I worrying about nothing. 

probably the wrong thread for it, but this is something that has worried me. 

Last season, when we went all ****, our defense didn't suddenly crumble overnight, it just seemed like every little mistake was pounced on and cost us. We'd been making at least one mistake per game, and getting away with it, and I think most teams do, so that's not really an issue. 

This time, everyone (Derby fans) are saying our defense is a fortress, yet we're still making the odd mistake, mostly a mix up or miscommunication at the back. At least one pretty serious one each game, which, on another day, should have been pounced on. 

Its not really any different to what it was last season. 

Or am I worrying about nothing. 

I dunno? What does everyone else think?

Archived