The view from the outside 15/16

Ambitious

Apart from 

0 Not allowed!

Watched Derby last Saturday against Cardiff. They didnt look anything special at all especially up front, they won not convincingly in a dire match against a Cardiff side who looked very very poor.

It was a easy 2-0 cruise with Marshall making a handful of decent saves. 

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Apart from 

0 Not allowed!

Watched Derby last Saturday against Cardiff. They didnt look anything special at all especially up front, they won not convincingly in a dire match against a Cardiff side who looked very very poor.

It was a easy 2-0 cruise with Marshall making a handful of decent saves. 

He either didn't watch us, or is trying to convince himself in some act of reassurance, or has been mightily impressed by his own side (or others) in order to say such a comment.

I know Derby weren't special, but what did he expect? 6-0 and utter domination? 

Pretty sure Brighton drew at home to Cardiff, so whatever we did last weekend, it was better than they managed.

Comments like this are the norm though. Go through our boards and you'll find plenty on Burnley, Boro and Brighton saying they don't look that good and keep scraping wins etc. 

Cardiff came with a game plan on the back of some decent form showing they are hard to beat. We cruised to a 2-0. That guy is just sticking his head in the sand. We played very averagely and did the job pretty easy. I still feel like we have gears to move through at all times and Clement can see it too. I hardly feel like we've totally clicked this season and look where we are.

Quote from the not606 Hull forum

"Derby just did the basics right! Nothing spectacular! They were always gonna get chances and theirs went in & ours never! I wouldn't swap any of our players for theirs! We just had a bad day! Let's move on to l##ds next week :emoticon-0148-yes: "

Wow big statement from a team full of johnny foreigners that nobody has every heard of!!!

6 minutes ago, lushrams said:

"Derby just did the basics right! Nothing spectacular! They were always gonna get chances and theirs went in & ours never! I wouldn't swap any of our players for theirs! We just had a bad day! Let's move on to l##ds next week :emoticon-0148-yes: "

Wow big statement from a team full of johnny foreigners that nobody has every heard of!!!

Sounds like our summary of the Forest match to be honest.

54 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Sounds like our summary of the Forest match to be honest.

In fairness, against Forest we were WOEFUL. Against us Hull were simply below their best. I've had a few chats on twitter with reasonable Hull fans, just like ours their forums also have the lunatics.

I wouldn't take any Forest player into our team. Their best players happen to play in the same position as our best players and I think ours are better. I'd take a whole bunch of Hull players though. Any reasonable Hull fan would take a whole bunch of Derby players too.

Both teams play different styles of football, so I guess you can never really compare.

Besides, individual talent doesn't win you football matches, teams do. I don't think anyone honestly thought Bournemouth had the best XI on paper last season, but as a team they fantastic.

On the flip side, looking at Wigan's eleven you'd probably wonder how they ever managed to go down.

Some nice comments from Brighton ad Boro fans, especially the latter as they probably have every right to think they're better than us and are going to finish above us this season.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?329976-Hull-v-Derby-tonight 

http://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=7557&page=97 

8 hours ago, lushrams said:

Ok, let's compare. Bit hard to compare as they were forced to change their tactics twice during the game...

Carson > McGregor. McGregor is good keeper, but Carson is little bit better. McGregor did yesterday more mistakes (1) than Carson has done all season...

Chistie > Elmohamady. Both very good in this league. Christie gets a nod, slightly.

Keogh = Maguire. Don't know which one is better. Both good enough to this league. Dawson would be better than Keogh.

Davies = Shackell. Both leading players in this league.

Warnock > Odubajo. Easiest one.

Thorne > Livermore. I've neverunderstood why someone can rate the latter. His best attribute as a footballer? Only reasonable answer is that he was born in England...

Hendrick > Huddlestone. I don't rate Hendrick that much, but Huddlestone just doesn't fit to modern game (which has changed to lot pacier in last 5-10 years) Always step behind, but some of his passing is really easy on eye. Looks like player who's legs have gone, but they haven't...

Butterfield > Clucas. Another easy one. One oozes class, the other nervousness.

Maloney = Ince. Ince last season and this wouldn't be contest... but they are both matchwinners on their day.

Diame = Weimann. I really rate Diame, but why play his as playmaker forward? His is brilliant in the midfield. If I were Bruce, I'd drop Livermore, play Diame there and get better one to support Hernandez.

Martin > Hernandez. Two top strikers in this league. Martin gets a nod as his style suits us better than Hernandez to them. If tactics were different, this could rapidly change.

So overall, I wouldn't mind some of their players in our team. If they don't get up and we do, we should go for Dawson...

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Both teams play different styles of football, so I guess you can never really compare.

Besides, individual talent doesn't win you football matches, teams do. I don't think anyone honestly thought Bournemouth had the best XI on paper last season, but as a team they fantastic.

On the flip side, looking at Wigan's eleven you'd probably wonder how they ever managed to go down.

Some nice comments from Brighton ad Boro fans, especially the latter as they probably have every right to think they're better than us and are going to finish above us this season.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?329976-Hull-v-Derby-tonight 

http://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=7557&page=97 

One Brighton fan thought Christie and Warnock were disappointing, or words to that effect!

Not sure I agree.

5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Ok, let's compare. Bit hard to compare as they were forced to change their tactics twice during the game...

Carson > McGregor. McGregor is good keeper, but Carson is little bit better. McGregor did yesterday more mistakes (1) than Carson has done all season...

Chistie > Elmohamady. Both very good in this league. Christie gets a nod, slightly.

Keogh = Maguire. Don't know which one is better. Both good enough to this league. Dawson would be better than Keogh.

Davies = Shackell. Both leading players in this league.

Warnock > Odubajo. Easiest one.

Thorne > Livermore. I've neverunderstood why someone can rate the latter. His best attribute as a footballer? Only reasonable answer is that he was born in England...

Hendrick > Huddlestone. I don't rate Hendrick that much, but Huddlestone just doesn't fit to modern game (which has changed to lot pacier in last 5-10 years) Always step behind, but some of his passing is really easy on eye. Looks like player who's legs have gone, but they haven't...

Butterfield > Clucas. Another easy one. One oozes class, the other nervousness.

Maloney = Ince. Ince last season and this wouldn't be contest... but they are both matchwinners on their day.

Diame = Weimann. I really rate Diame, but why play his as playmaker forward? His is brilliant in the midfield. If I were Bruce, I'd drop Livermore, play Diame there and get better one to support Hernandez.

Martin > Hernandez. Two top strikers in this league. Martin gets a nod as his style suits us better than Hernandez to them. If tactics were different, this could rapidly change.

So overall, I wouldn't mind some of their players in our team. If they don't get up and we do, we should go for Dawson...

Not biased at all, m8.

If none of our players are good enough to get in there team then they will smash this league.

Not one player? What a team they have. I mean I think there's a few players in all the top teams that we'd have.

Diame, Maloney, Dawson just from Hull

Downing, Friend, Gibson just from Boro

Gray, Dunk, Kayal, Phillips from a couple of teams. 

How did they get relegated if no player from a top Champ club that also spent £20m in the summer could get in their team? 

It's a statement you see quite a lot. It's bloody stupid. We have players from the likes of Wigan, Coventry, Leeds, Huddersfield, and Kilmarnock that get in our team. 

I'm sure Hull wouldn't take anyone from lowly Brentford or Birmingham either. 

Maybe I'm watching a different game. Yeah, Derby look solid and some pretty triangles...but Hull are really off the boil. Sloppy goals to give away and the referee is a blatant cheat. Shot from Maloney obviously saved by Carson so he gives a goal kick? Some one has slipped him a back hander.
Ok, I know I absolutely loath Derby and probably want every team in the land(bar one) to beat them, but it looks like the tigers are choking on mutton

this one made me chuckle.

On 11/28/2015, 7:42:47, Dimmu said:

Did you miss the MK Dons game? He tried very hard to punch the ball into his own net... Only Weimann on the line to save his blushes... 

Also (since it seems you did watch the Hull game) how about the way he dealt with that back-pass? 

He's a good keeper... And at the moment rightly keeping his place in goal... But trying to claim he's error free this season is a bit far off the mark...

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Did you miss the MK Dons game? He tried very hard to punch the ball into his own net... Only Weimann on the line to save his blushes... 

Also (since it seems you did watch the Hull game) how about the way he dealt with that back-pass? 

He's a good keeper... And at the moment rightly keeping his place in goal... But trying to claim he's error free this season is a bit far off the mark...

In the MK Dons game someone was pulling down on his arm, similar to what Hendrick did to John Ruddy last season when Hanson scored from a corner. 

Some of these Brighton fans are very bitter towards us, calling us bottlers and arrogant fans. Some reason one of them absolutely hates us and always wants us to lose. 

36 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

In the MK Dons game someone was pulling down on his arm, similar to what Hendrick did to John Ruddy last season when Hanson scored from a corner. 

Some of these Brighton fans are very bitter towards us, calling us bottlers and arrogant fans. Some reason one of them absolutely hates us and always wants us to lose. 

Aww bless Brighton fans they're still crying over that 4-1 score line lol. :) 

56 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Surely error free is based on whether we conceded a goal from his error. We can argue what ifs all day, but so far *touch wood* he hasn't made an error leading to such. We wouldn't have cared about grant's errors last season if they hadn't all led to goals, but in the most part they did. The truth is with carson and shackell in our back 5 we've had a serious upgrade in defence.

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

You're right. I actively try to forget his eargerness to drop all crosses and I was doing fine without you...

5 hours ago, cheron85 said:

He's not the best on the ball, which is to be expected as he's a keeper but I do wish he would stop trying to do risky things. Didn't he try to take a player on in the Forest game? It was one game on TV definitely... also the backpass thing, was a bit of a naff back-pass but a poor control, which he then tried to handle which could have led to a goal, penalty or indirect free-kick in our area.

Other than that very little complaints. Looks better than Grant in areas like handling, distribution. Shot stopping is pretty even, that's probably Grant's biggest strength, but if you're a keeper who can't stop shots what are you?

Archived