QPR (H) - Matchday Thread

Tentative first half, played ok but lacked a bit of bravery I thought. Jackson and Nyambe weren’t reading each other very well. We looked the better side but not by much. Their 7 (was that Djembele) is clearly gifted and dangerous and the bruiser 12 held the ball up well. We did look so much better in possession though, keeping the ball much improved. 
Second half goals killed them in short order, some well drilled defending and a cracking save prevented any sort of revival from them. Thought Fozzy was exceptional, think CBT deserves a start in place of NML. Top class finish from Harness and Kenzo continues to be the team catalyst. Subs all made a difference and like PW I just love Wilson’s attack attack attack gene. Won’t be right for every game but he’s a breath of fresh air when he comes on the pitch. Just raw instincts.

Happy days 🐏

7 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

For those unsure, Steve Cook is the fat old bloke in the number 5 shirt watching Curtis Nelson rise, unchallenged to score. Great work Steve 🤣 👏👏👏

Ah, right. It was him who sliced the ball out of play, bumped into our player and was awarded a free-kick by the dim ref just for being old and fat.

Really enjoyed it. Didnt panic defend from the West Stand once. Well played team. Really enjoyed Kenzo and Harness. Fantastic header from Nels - just got so high. Class goal from harness. Love camaraderie between kenzo and ebou going around pitch at end. Problem is when sad fans sing about someone being 💩 pure comedy when karma comes back to haunt you in a brilliant way. Favourite moment though when their goalie got caught in his net panicking to get out. Would love to see that again. 

Looked a bit toothless in the first half so glad we got a goal from a set piece as without that we hadn’t created much.

Would play CBT on the left and move NML to the right next game as Jackson seemed hesitant to take his man on first half and has seemed off his early season form recently (aware he did get an assist!)

You can tell it's a routine win when the matchday thread is so short!

I thought the first half was tedious, they did a good job of falling over a lot winning cheap free kicks but little else. I thought we looked a bit nervy, maybe three defeats on the trot does that to you?

Anyway, Warne's half time team talk worked wonders and we came back out attacking with real intent. I was bemoaning the fact that QPR had set up with a double bank of four 6-footers to defend the corner, but what they didn't do was work out who was picking up who!

A majestic header from Curtis, completely unmarked - bet he couldn't believe his luck. 

The second goal was even better, great challenge from Kenzo, a lovely pass from Jackson and a classy finish from Harness.

My only gripes are that the keeper pulled off a world class save to keep out Yates' header - if ever a player deserved a goal, he did. 

And that the QPR  lump that barged into Zetterstrom didn't get booked (not sure who it was, they've got a lot of lumps, haven't they?)

What a likeable team we have this season  - all the subs who came on played a part - I hope they have a great break and come back fresh, and with a few injuries cleared up. But no-one is letting us down, they all want to play for Derby. 

2 minutes ago, Castor said:

Was Nat Phillips playing as a CDM in the second half? 

RamsTV said that was where he was playing and he did seem to be further up the pitch than you would expect if he was in a back 3/5

36 minutes ago, cstand said:

It’s leaf fall season until end of November try to book earlier if possible in case of any problems. 
You only need one train to slip by to a stand to cause problems for the rest of the day. 

My train was cancelled at the last minute. Had to wait an hour for the next, hence my predicament which was already complicated by bus replacement between Gloucester and Birmingham.

I don’t even want to think about leaves!

12 minutes ago, Artram said:

RamsTV said that was where he was playing and he did seem to be further up the pitch than you would expect if he was in a back 3/5

Definitely seemed to stay with a back 4. All played brilliantly today.

Playing with a big lump against Cash, Nelson, Nyambe and Forsyth seemed a strange decision,  they all lapped it up.

Kenzo was great, Harness grew into it and scored a classy goal. Adams was everywhere 2nd half. Maybe only NML will feel he had a less than great game. Jackson was quiet too but got an assist.

Zetterstrom gives you so much confidence.  Easy win in the end.

Edited by Chester40