Tawanda Chirewa - Signed on Loan

Srg

He’s a young player of some substance, not too dissimilar to Ozoh. There is a real expectation that he becomes a first-team player for Wolves, he’s started playing internationally and done really well by all accounts. I’ve never seen him play personally, obviously, but like the profile. He seems to bring in a lot of attributes that we simply are lacking and hopefully he can showcase his ability with us this season. 

Wolves were reluctant to let him go, but I feel that this has got to a point where we needed an answer and they’ve allowed him to go. He was a regular of their matchday squad at the back end of last season. 

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I do wonder if Blackett-Taylor's fitness prompted us to gonfor an AM who can also playbout wide.

My comments from when MackworthRam first linked us:

5 goals (2 pens) in 7 U21 apps last season with a taste of first team football too. It's hard to judge him at this point due to so few minutes in the first team.

Mainly an AM, but his ability to play on the wing means he'll get plenty of game time for us. Seems to be a reasonable dribbler, likes to shoot and will win tackles high up the pitch. He'll take a shot from the edge of the box with either foot.

I’d forgotten about Blackett-Taylor 😱

"Signed for just £175,000 from Ipswich last summer, the 20-year-old enjoyed his breakthrough at Wolves last season.

The attacking midfielder made 10 senior appearances, including eight in the Premier League, before heading off to Spain and America with Wolves on pre-season this summer."

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2024/08/26/wolves-attacker-signs-new-deal-before-securing-loan-move/

Edited by RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Signed for just £175,000 from Ipswich last summer, the 20-year-old enjoyed his breakthrough at Wolves last season.

The attacking midfielder made 10 senior appearances, including eight in the Premier League, before heading off to Spain and America with Wolves on pre-season this summer."

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2024/08/26/wolves-attacker-signs-new-deal-before-securing-loan-move/

TransferMkt had him down as a free agent last Summer, so you'd assume he rejected a contract at Ipswich and that 175k was the compensation fee.

On holiday at the mo so largely away from news and the like. Checked in on a whim, and would you know we've signed someone! Do I get excited? I want to. Know nothing about him albeit seems young, keen, skillful and seems to know where the net is. Ticks all my boxes. Welcome lad, fingers crossed you are the one. 

Intrigued to see how he gets on, very much an unknown quantity. 

Slightly concerned that this is his first proper chance at first team football with him turning 21 in October. Between him and Ozoh we’ve potentially got two very good raw players on loan, but the lack of experience is a worry.

Still, nice to have another attacking option. We’ve been looking very light for options off the bench. 

I always like it when someone talks well. One of the more essential qualities of a footballer I find. ‘Hey good fellow, pass the ball to me if you might’.

Never heard of him. No doubt though later today a lot of Rams fans with Wolves mates will be letting us know we have just signed the next Steve Bull.

Up the Rams!!

I love the way the club goes about’s its business - this lad on paper and in clips looks pretty good and it’s a great deal for him, us and Wolves to kick on the next stage of development in his career. I know everyone wants to know the absolute inside info on who, what, when, where we are signing, but I love the fact that no one seems to have had a scoobydoo about this lad and us potentially signing him.  
I hope it works out for everyone involved. 
😃🐏

Welcome to Derby County and hopefully he does very well - I have never seen him play so I can’t judge yet but he seems very young but Wolves were prepared to put him on the pitch in the premiership ( obviously had massive injury problems as well) 

whilst we need good players in it is also annoying that we are blooding other teams players who we can never sign it seems but we are where we are.

6 minutes ago, admira said:

Asked friends who are Wolves and Ipswich fans and they replied:

“He did ok. Needs to beef up a bit”

Came through our youth system - thought he was big time and refused a contract thinking he would move to a big club and ended up at Wolves”

… at least he’s at one now! 😊🐏

Maybe @Ghost of Clough might remember seeing him play?