Barrow (A) - Match Thread

Sean

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

...not feeling the need to speak every second, but well informed about both teams. 

I find it interesting how we get different things from commentary as these are the reasons why I'm not a fan. If I wanted trivia about both teams it's fine but I want "x passes out wide right to y, tackled by b, ball breaks to c" etc. With the occasional tidbit thrown in for colour. Personal preference as my eyes aren't what they used to be.

So far we just about look the better side, but very ring rusty

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Commentary totally fine from my perspective. A little "under water" but not feeling the need to speak every second, but well informed about both teams. 

We're not getting it forward quickly enough. Too many backwards turns. Letting them into the game. But an OK first 10 minutes. With occasional carelessness passing out from the back putting us under pressure. 

Best chance for Barkhuizen at the far post after a good deep early cross from Gouldmijn. Barks was so bad I would call his attempt to control the ball "village". Because that was the standard. 

My commentary is breaking up regularly.  I don't expect home to comment on every pass or situation.  But would be nice to get at least a couple of minutes where I can fully understand him.

1 minute ago, SKRam said:

Had to rescue a frog from a cat…. Tempted to chat to him for half an hour in the garden. And there’s the stream gone again. No flooding at Barrow but a terrible stream on my tv 

other than the crackly commentary, the stream is fine on my android tablet - as for the football though...

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Adams is nowhere near the player we saw last season. Hope he rediscovers his form.

Was thinking that, looks a bit off it. In terms of energy and definitely passing. Maybe rusty after an injury.

new lad involved more than most.

starting to worry slightly on kenzo as well, he passes the ball quite neatly but can’t recall and attempt at goal or setting a chance up in four games now. Need to be more involved 

Adams has been really clumsy and his passing has been really poor. You genuinely couldn’t tell which side was the League Two one at the moment. 

JWZ’s distribution has been good. That’s about the only positive.