Gus Lagerbielke

Heisenberg

Surprised no one seems to have commented on the fact that he's a full-blown member of the Swedish nobility, with the title of Baron.
Just hope Warne hasn't got confused and we're targeting a noble defender instead of a "no bull" defender.

I might be wrong but I don't really know how exactly he fits the profile. What does he offer that we don't have?

Forgive me if I'm cynical but is this just another massive bloke so we can try to score from as many corners as possible? Is that really the best we can do?

10 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I might be wrong but I don't really know how exactly he fits the profile. What does he offer that we don't have?

Forgive me if I'm cynical but is this just another massive bloke so we can try to score from as many corners as possible? Is that really the best we can do?

4 at the back, we have Cashin, Bradley and Forsyth for the LCB spot, but only Nelson (and Rooney) for the RCB spot, although Forsyth is decent short term cover. Ideally, we want a RCB who has a bit of pace to cover for either Cashin who will commit to challenges early on, or Bradley who lacks pace himself.

For 3 at the back... Cashin, given his age and ability is the first CB to slot into place (LCB). Nelson has the skillset to play either CB or RCB depending on who else will be in the back 3. If Nelson is to play RCB, we want a CB who has a bit of pace to cover for Cashin, but they also have to be dominant in the air. Other attributes are ideal, but low priority, long range passing arguably next on the list. Or, we want a RCB who is good on the ball (forward passes, dribbling out from the back, pinging Csshin-esqe balls out to the wing all being desirable skills), but also solid in 1v1 battles. Being strong in the air would also be ideal, but not required. A threat in yhe opposition box would also be preferred.

Doesn’t he still have a long contract outstanding with Celtic, I doubt he is going to want to a cut in wages however, I wouldn’t imagine that even Celtic were paying Premiership wages. 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

4 at the back, we have Cashin, Bradley and Forsyth for the LCB spot, but only Nelson (and Rooney) for the RCB spot, although Forsyth is decent short term cover. Ideally, we want a RCB who has a bit of pace to cover for either Cashin who will commit to challenges early on, or Bradley who lacks pace himself.

For 3 at the back... Cashin, given his age and ability is the first CB to slot into place (LCB). Nelson has the skillset to play either CB or RCB depending on who else will be in the back 3. If Nelson is to play RCB, we want a CB who has a bit of pace to cover for Cashin, but they also have to be dominant in the air. Other attributes are ideal, but low priority, long range passing arguably next on the list. Or, we want a RCB who is good on the ball (forward passes, dribbling out from the back, pinging Csshin-esqe balls out to the wing all being desirable skills), but also solid in 1v1 battles. Being strong in the air would also be ideal, but not required. A threat in yhe opposition box would also be preferred.

Could have done with some proper stats, with coloured towers 👻

Massive fan of Cashin, he has been a stalwart and a regular. Given the quality arrayed in front of him he may need some time out of the team later on, also Cashin and Nelson have played admirably last year but Nelson's had question marks at this level, we'd be Madri not to pursue this. Also as a CB a d attacking set pieces this bloke may refresh parts of our squad that the other players cant reach. 

Taking on wild generalisations the Scandinavian players may offer physicality. At least we wont be waiting for ages for any progress there is only a touch over a week left.