Vs Watford (A) Match Thread

DCFC1388

Great away day, loved walking down the yellow brick road, the murals of Elton who has contributed more to this country than some of our coke snorting knuckleheads can only wet dream about,  and Graham Taylor . Nice to have a stadium still in the middle of town, great view of the pitch.  Came away pleasantly reassured, saw enough on the pitch to convince me there will be three worse teams than us,  we went toe to toe with a very good team for long periods and three points from our first three games back in the championship will do.  On to Barrow, cant think of any sex offenders from there but no doubt the meatheads will let me know 

2 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Ozoh defo could have done better for the Sissoko goal watching back the highlights although still may have scored he was very flat footed and slow to react to the lose ball and that bit of pressure makes it a harder finish for the attacking player. He is abit slow in the mind with his positoning and distribution but not too suprising as we are signing a very inexperienced player.

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

They were singing Elton John is a sex offender. It was loud and from the usual section. Say anything and we're told it's acceptable banter. 

It's not. It's offensive and illegal.

The sooner the Club does something about it, the better.

To be honest, our "singers" are dull, repetitive and from all evidence so far this season, not very inventive. 

The levels of ignorance are astounding. The situation is often exacerbated by alcohol, but that only emboldens the buffoons.

So annoying that decent fans can’t get tickets because these shameful idiots have them.

Life bans and fines needed.

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

The levels of ignorance are astounding. The situation is often exacerbated by alcohol, but that only emboldens the buffoons.

So annoying that decent fans can’t get tickets because these shameful idiots have them.

Really sad to hear . With Grannies getting locked up for what they say . Some of our followers seem obsessed with big wangs and sex offenders . Believe me many of them are not young lads , out of their faces. 

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

Only 8 players on the bench...

The man has zero interest in the youth at this club, none whatsoever. Whether they played the previous night or not.

That simply isn’t true. Why else all the angst over Brown.?  If he had no interest in youth then Brown would be out on loan now. Instead there is clearly a lot of serious thinking over what’s the best course of action. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

It is pretty weird that you have to be a pretty committed fan to be able to go to enough matches to get away tickets, but then you use the opportunity to sing those sort of things. Can't believe we are still singing that Collymore one too. So boring.

1 hour ago, ziggazagga said:

Great away day, loved walking down the yellow brick road, the murals of Elton who has contributed more to this country than some of our coke snorting knuckleheads can only wet dream about,  and Graham Taylor . Nice to have a stadium still in the middle of town, great view of the pitch.  Came away pleasantly reassured, saw enough on the pitch to convince me there will be three worse teams than us,  we went toe to toe with a very good team for long periods and three points from our first three games back in the championship will do.  On to Barrow, cant think of any sex offenders from there but no doubt the meatheads will let me know 

Think they've done that new stand pretty well. It was been built last time I went so feels a much bigger ground now.

1 hour ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Ozoh defo could have done better for the Sissoko goal watching back the highlights although still may have scored he was very flat footed and slow to react to the lose ball and that bit of pressure makes it a harder finish for the attacking player. He is abit slow in the mind with his positoning and distribution but not too suprising as we are signing a very inexperienced player.

I think that's harsh on Ozoh, as the ball came across from behind him straight to Sissoko, who hit it crisply first time. In real time, no chance to move.

Ozoh was a lot closer to him than any Watford player was to Adams for our goal - totally unmarked when the ball was a proper cross they should have been set for, rather than a random clearance.

Our clearance could have gone 5 degrees further round and it would have been an easy clearance for Ozoh. Might be considered bad luck! 😉

12 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Think they've done that new stand pretty well. It was been built last time I went so feels a much bigger ground now.

It's quite a fascinating ground, no height on it at all from outside. That pitch must be in quite a bowl. 

Very little concourse or facilities,  though, but a great view once you're in your place.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Coked up, half pished t**** mainly, who think they're hilarious when in fact, they're just cringeworthy. I was sat with Watford supporting pals who were classy enough not to bring it up, but I could tell they weren't happy and they've always been pretty complimentary about our away support. I don't really see why slander should be tolerated at a footy match any more than anywhere else and it's something the club really needs to look at, but unless other fans are prepared to identify and report them, it's hard to see how that will happen. 

Setting our unuseful idiots aside, I'd said pre-match that despite a great 3 points against Boro, 'another jolt' of improvement was needed and once we got a foothold, I think we saw that. There's no disputing that this squad remains 2 or 3 quality players short of Championship standard, but we were not in any way overfaced and IMHO, a draw would have been a fairer result. My Watford pals are convinced we'll do OK if we can strengthen the squad even a little. For my part, I think there'll be enough sides of lesser ability for us to survive as we are, but I'd hope, despite being immensely grateful for his financial input to date, that DC will see this too and support the coaching team and the squad a little more, in which case a mid-table finish is perhaps not going to be as tough as I'd feared.

On the subject of coaching, it does concern me somewhat that we look a little aimless in the attacking third, but we saw when Dwight Gale came in last season, that this can be addressed without breaking the bank. I do believe though, that if we do strengthen the team, it'll be via the loans market, not permanent transfers, but I came away from the game with increased belief and no small amount of pride as it strikes me that we've made significant progress from out darkest days and we are far from the last cause some on here would have us believe. 

COYR

Edited by Comrade 86

19 hours ago, Srg said:

You’re going to start including counter attacks and goals from throw ins, which aren’t even long throws either, then we may as well all pack up because every team are basically Pulis with your metrics. 

Whoscored do the hardwork for us and give counter attacks their own category

Screenshot_20240825_142213_Chrome.thumb.jpg.18dfe229a4f1229511f28179403696c5.jpg

8 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Coked up, half pished t**** mainly, who think they're hilarious when in fact, they're just cringeworthy. I was sat with Watford supporting pals who were classy enough not to bring it up, but I could tell they weren't happy and they've always been pretty complimentary about our away support. I don't really see why slander should be tolerated at a footy match any more than anywhere else and it's something the club really needs to look at, but unless other fans are prepared to identify and report them, it's hard to see how that will happen. 

On our away support (and at Pride Park) I think there is a lot to admire about the lads that start and keep the singing going, I don't find it all bad. 

I join in a lot of the chants, as do many around me, but there's a few in the repertoire that are completely unacceptable to me.

I am not sure whether it's the stalwarts or someone else that start the more offensive ones. They need binning. 

And they could do with picking up a few ideas for new chants. I'm sure @Mucker1884 would help with the lyrics! 

I try to stand well away from the singing section as I'm one of those oddbods that likes to watch the game, rather than experience the arms and limbs! So, I have no idea who the "weekend offenders" are. 😉

A bit ironic saying they are coked up, (maybe they are), given Elton John's very public battle with that particular substance. One he eventually won and came out of it a much better person, imo. 💪😂

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Whoscored do the hardwork for us and give counter attacks their own category

Screenshot_20240825_142213_Chrome.thumb.jpg.18dfe229a4f1229511f28179403696c5.jpg

Yesterday's was the least set-piecey goal we're ever likely to score. In that case, every goal is a set-piece goal, since they all start with from a dead ball somewhere along the way. It's ridiculous, though it hardly matters how we score.

2 hours ago, ziggazagga said:

Let's face it ,if asked before the Season if we'd be happy drawing our first 3 games bearing in mind Boro and Watford were among them, how far up the arm would we have snatched it off ? ......and yet we have the same number of points and folks are still bitchin' and moaning that we are doomed to failure. Some folks need to give their heads a wobble and calm those nerves a little bit

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

On our away support (and at Pride Park) I think there is a lot to admire about the lads that start and keep the singing going, I don't find it all bad. 

I join in a lot of the chants, as do many around me, but there's a few in the repertoire that are completely unacceptable to me.

I am not sure whether it's the stalwarts or someone else that start the more offensive ones. They need binning. 

And they could do with picking up a few ideas for new chants. I'm sure @Mucker1884 would help with the lyrics! 

I try to stand well away from the singing section as I'm one of those oddbods that likes to watch the game, rather than experience the arms and limbs! So, I have no idea who the "weekend offenders" are. 😉

A bit ironic saying they are coked up, (maybe they are), given Elton John's very public battle with that particular substance. One he eventually won and came out of it a much better person, imo. 💪😂

Agree with pretty much all of that, yet despite Elton's well documented issues with narcotics, I'm not sure it led him to singing songs labelling folk he'd never met as nonces, so if I'm honest, the irony bit escapes me. 

59 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think that's harsh on Ozoh, as the ball came across from behind him straight to Sissoko, who hit it crisply first time. In real time, no chance to move.

Ozoh was a lot closer to him than any Watford player was to Adams for our goal - totally unmarked when the ball was a proper cross they should have been set for, rather than a random clearance.

Our clearance could have gone 5 degrees further round and it would have been an easy clearance for Ozoh. Might be considered bad luck! 😉

Someone always has to be to blame for an opposition goal…..always the case on here. It can never be just a well taken goal.

22 minutes ago, angieram said:

You called, Madam...

We're on the march with Angie's army,
We're all off t' Premiership.
And we'll really make 'em frown,
When Angie makes 'em all sit down,
And woe betide the ones that give her lip!

*No illegal drugs, medicines, or chemical substances were used in the production of the above masterpiece.

2 hours ago, ziggazagga said:

cant think of any sex offenders from there but no doubt the meatheads will let me know 

A group of them stood a couple of rows behind me and they are the most ignorant scum I think I've seen or heard. They cannot have two brain cells between them as all they can do is shout, swear, or "sing" (!!) about is homophobic or racist language.

You cannot speak to them without getting a mouthful or worse, so how do you stop it? Surely they are not like that at home or work, if they have a job to go to that is?

16 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Agree with pretty much all of that, yet despite Elton's well documented issues with narcotics, I'm not sure it led him to singing songs labelling folk he'd never met as nonces, so if I'm honest, the irony bit escapes me. 

You obviously don't know what Rocketman was really about then!