Tyrese Fornah loaned to Salford until end of season

JfR

No surprise he has gone but obviously it’s been difficult to find some club to take him for a season - Warne thought he was signing a Adams  type of player but Adam’s contribution in ten minutes outdid Fornah entire contribution. At least Warne had the honesty to realise his mistake 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

No surprise he has gone but obviously it’s been difficult to find some club to take him for a season - Warne thought he was signing a Adams  type of player but Adam’s contribution in ten minutes outdid Fornah entire contribution. At least Warne had the honesty to realise his mistake 

In fairness it’s like buying a cat and expecting it to bark. 

Fornah has really good technical ability, think he can definitely make a good career out the game. 

53 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Gone to the highest bidder, which would explain why L2 and not L1. It's extremely unlikely he'll play for us again given his contract is up in the summer.

A badly researched buy, with the coaching staff expecting him to be more like Adams, when the stats clearly pointed to a different type of player. He has plenty of good attributes and will look very good in the right team - just not us.

I think he was heading to Crawley until Salford came in for him.

Was a bit of a gamble signing when we needed to do that kind of thing, minimal fee, some pedigree and could have been a masterstroke in league one.

It didn't really work out and probably best for both parties that he actually plays games elsewhere and we free a quad spot up. If nothing immediate them I imagine PW could loan in any number of players that he fancies more by the end of the window.

Probably playing below his level now but good on him if he's going for first team football. Young enough he can take a step back to move forward.

Does okay and he should get a league one move in 12 months - probably to a better side than is interested now.

Good luck to him, but onwards and upwards.

We saw very little of him but I liked his touch, balance and skill. I was late seeing this news and confess to being disappointed as I think he has the right degree of quality to progress. I think Fornah could be a Kenzo - just needs a bit more polish and experience. The raw material is there. Hope he does well. 

The lad said the same things about himself when he joined us, and to be fair he’s shown that in the preseason this time and also in glimpses last season.  Injury held him back  unfortunately, i hope he does well for them and stays fit.

His performance at Blackpool was his highlight here. Made too many mistakes though and couldn't be relied upon. I'd guess that's the last we'll see of him, but there's a player in there if he can get that understanding of when to keep it simple and when to take a risk. Good luck lad.

1 hour ago, jono said:

We saw very little of him but I liked his touch, balance and skill. I was late seeing this news and confess to being disappointed as I think he has the right degree of quality to progress. I think Fornah could be a Kenzo - just needs a bit more polish and experience. The raw material is there. Hope he does well. 

Not in the same class as Kenzo. Not even close. But I'm a bit disappointed too - thought he could have made a contribution

Can’t say I’m devastated to see Fornah go. Seems to be permanently injured and looks pretty crap whenever he is fit. Not really sure what we saw in him to be honest, will definitely go down as one of quite a few poor signings last summer.

Out of contract at the end of the season so pretty certain this means he will be released and we won’t see him again - good luck for the future Tyrese, hopefully he’s found his level.

Should think this will free up space in midfield for yet another signing there - ideally someone who can provide better competition for Adams in the “combative” midfield role, scrapping for every ball and providing the energy and aggression in the middle of the park.

Good luck to him, I hope he hope he does well. He's looked good lately so he should perform at L2 level. It's a shame it didn't work out, but as others have pointed out, it seemed incongruous from day one - Warne wanted a DM and Fornah was talked about being a ball carrier in his first interview.
There must be a loan fee, I wonder if there's an agreed transfer too.

This suggests we have someone coming in though - that midfield is going to need rotation.

I liked him, pretty much always forward thinking with the ball sometimes to his detriment but it’s better that way round

Not sure he ever recovered trust, rightly or wrongly, from his debut where he probably should’ve been sent off

Interesting that. He is spot on in what he says.

He came back for pre season and he was one of the only midfielders we had. Yet he said from the start that he wanted to leave to play games.

Whereas Warne said at the minute the shirt is yours, show us in pre season and earn the right. Which he obviously did not fancy doing. 

Seems like hes gone for the easy life in league two.

12 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I am slightly concerned that Warne is placing such a big emphasis on how much of an athlete you need to be to perform at Championship level. He mentions here that Fornah athletically is championship level. Pre season he mentioned that the big difference between League 1 and the Championship is how much of an athlete you need to be, how much and how fast you need to run. Seems a little simplistic to me.