Tedious and boring

Not the football, this forum! 

I think that most people come on here to have a 'chat' about the Rams or even football in general but increasingly it reminds me of the old Monty Python sketch, "are you here for the five minute argument or the full half hour".

Everybody is entitled to post what they want in a manner they chose but after 50 pages of "you're wrong", "no, you're wrong" it just becomes pointless. I know that the idea of these forums is to generate debate, but very little of what happens on here is debate. 

Take the issue of Paul Warne. To come on here after every game and tell everyone, essentially how rubbish he is and tell everyone where he is going wrong tactically, because you play football manager, or coach you sons under 8s on Darley Park, is just howling at the moon as your theories will never be tested, so they will always be correct in your head

I doubt anybody on here thinks that Paul Warne is the best manager we've ever had, or even in the top five, but he is our manager and will be until David Clowes decides differently. Ultimately you will have your way and you will be able to say "I told you so" because he will be sacked at some point.

If you want an idea of sensible debate look at the Mickley Arthur thread on the cricket. There is probably more to be upset about at the cricket club than the Rams but it's all reasoned discussions where people put forward opinions, rather than confrontational statements, aimed at pitting one side against another.

2 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I think that most people come on here to have a 'chat' about the Rams or even football in general but increasingly it reminds me of the old Monty Python sketch, "are you here for the five minute argument or the full half hour".

Everybody is entitled to post what they want in a manner they chose but after 50 pages of "you're wrong", "no, you're wrong" it just becomes pointless. I know that the idea of these forums is to generate debate, but very little of what happens on here is debate. 

Take the issue of Paul Warne. To come on here after every game and tell everyone, essentially how rubbish he is and tell everyone where he is going wrong tactically, because you play football manager, or coach you sons under 8s on Darley Park, is just howling at the moon as your theories will never be tested, so they will always be correct in your head

I doubt anybody on here thinks that Paul Warne is the best manager we've ever had, or even in the top five, but he is our manager and will be until David Clowes decides differently. Ultimately you will have your way and you will be able to say "I told you so" because he will be sacked at some point.

If you want an idea of sensible debate look at the Mickley Arthur thread on the cricket. There is probably more to be upset about at the cricket club than the Rams but it's all reasoned discussions where people put forward opinions, rather than confrontational statements, aimed at pitting one side against another.

No it isn’t 🙄

8 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Excellent post. I have been thinking of setting up a new Forum focussed purely on the strengths and weakness of Mickey Arthur. I will DM you when it is live and look forward to reading your contributions.

Isn’t Paul’s Wife from Loughborough originally?😁

57 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

46 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Excellent post. I have been thinking of setting up a new Forum focussed purely on the strengths and weakness of Mickey Arthur. I will DM you when it is live and look forward to reading your contributions.

Count me in….watching a must win game at Durham as we speak 😆

53 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You could call it “Taking the Mickey”

1 hour ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I've had the impression for a while that there are some posters who will rock the applecart for the sake of rocking it. Taking good posts and being very dismissive for dismissive's sake. Simply looking for a reaction. They're the very people who would have got a bloody nose for being cantankerous in the pub 30 or 40 years ago. Light the blue touchpaper and stand back to watch the carnage. It's caused one very good friend of mine to stop even reading the forum and more will follow. maybe they should cut down on their own personal version of "fun" and let the forum return to being a swapping of well reasoned ideas. 

1 hour ago, Loughborough Ram said:

So your long post is basically telling any anti Warne poster that they are

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

I’ve decided to be very selective this year. It stops me from over-reacting to negativity😄. There are still a few choking over last season’s success and waiting for their moment. As you say, it will come at some stage and then everything will be alright… or will it? Difficult game this football management lark. 

Just now, Eatonram said:

What I predict with a high level of confidence is that when Paul Warne comes s hounded out the very same people will moan about his replacement with equal monotony. 

100%

It's rare you see someone make a statement, have someone respond to it, and then reply with "you know what, you're right" or "you know what, I see where you're coming from, but you're wrong" in a healthy way

It's why I don't reply to many posts I disagree with. Of course, I don't expect to change people's minds, but it would be nice to know they actually read my post. And I'd be happy to engage and find that althoguh we disagree on 80%, there's still some common ground

It's not something that's unique to this forum though. It's the way people are online these days. There's no politeness 

I’ve been  saying similar things in posts for ages. but have been ridiculed by the so called supporters who can see  no further than end of their noses I’ve been supporting the rams since I was 5 now 65 and made my decision to leave and find a  forum that just discusses the rams and doesn’t turn every post into a joke or argument . 

Edited by islandram
Spelling

4 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

rather than confrontational statements, aimed at pitting one side against another.

Whilst I fully agree with your post, football is by its nature highly confrontational and this breeds very opiniated supporters. If they cant find fans from another team to argue with they fight amongst themselves like rats in a sack.

Just the way it is!

2 hours ago, Eatonram said:

What I predict with a high level of confidence is that when Paul Warne is hounded out, the very same people will moan about his replacement with equal monotony. 

Not convinced at all that you are right on many things here.

Why use the term hounded out? Paul Warne is not going to be hounded out by the views of this forum. That’s laughable. If and when he goes it will be because David Clowes and his team have decided they have lost confidence in his ability to deliver on the Club’s objectives. I accept that loud and continuous ‘anti’ noise in the stadium would be taken into account, but I think anything that goes on on in here is just Internet waffle.

I accept that those who want to moan will always find something to moan about, but a new manager with different ideas on tactics and player choices isn’t necessarily going to be moaned about by the same people who currently are concerned about Warne. Most on here, even those who are very pro-Warne, can’t fail to acknowledge that he has limitations even though what he has achieved to date has been acceptable. This season Warne must realise himself that his minimum requirement is to stay up, and show improvement in matchday performance so that fans can see a brighter future in the seasons ahead. I don’t think staying up by finishing 21st will be enough for Warne to gain total fan support, unless he does something about providing more entertainment, tactical and formation improvements, and introducing a few young academy players into the first team mix.