CBT ??!!

Question for all open for debate

I think we have brought a absolute flop and by January Warne will be looking to get rid

I might add, Warne and the recruitment team also need to take responsibility for this.

So far 12 games in league 1 and 3 pre season  games and apart from one decent assist Vs Pompey away I haven't seen a jot he does nor what he contributes to the team. 

Doesn't press as Warne wants his team to do , doesn't try and put a tackle in to help his team mates, his skills seem random hoping one out of 10 might come off.  

Complete waste, lots of Charlton fans warned us when he joined saying he had a purple patch with them and he wouldn't be missed. Needs to step up quick.imo

1 hour ago, Vyrdasm said:

Question for all open for debate

I think we have brought a absolute flop and by January Warne will be looking to get rid

I might add, Warne and the recruitment team also need to take responsibility for this.

So far 12 games in league 1 and 3 pre season  games and apart from one decent assist Vs Pompey away I haven't seen a jot he does nor what he contributes to the team. 

Doesn't press as Warne wants his team to do , doesn't try and put a tackle in to help his team mates, his skills seem random hoping one out of 10 might come off.  

Complete waste, lots of Charlton fans warned us when he joined saying he had a purple patch with them and he wouldn't be missed. Needs to step up quick.imo

He'll be like Croft and Teale by the looks of it.  Come with a reputation, absolute bobbins for 12 months.  Then he'll have 3 amazing games.  Then he'll frustratingly turn bobbins again.  At least he'll cost 10% of an Anya.  

Not helped by the fact that when he looked good and we bought him he was playing on the left wing for Charlton.

Now, inexplicably PW only plays him on the right which just doesn’t play to the strengths of a player who loves to cut onside and shoot with his right foot..::

Not looking promising so far, although his performance in that Pompey game does give a ray of hope still. It would help if he could stay fit.

My expectation is that he'll be backup/rotation for NML & Jackson for the first half of the season before being loaned to a promotion chasing L1 club in January, whilst we bring in an improvement probably on loan from a PL club.

I'm convinced we'll get our £300k back given his age and previous performances at Charlton so I'm not too concerned.

Hang on, the Charlton fans said clearly enough that he doesn’t track back and isn’t exactly a team player so just leave him on the left wing and forget about putting a shift in but he will produce goals. I assume our scouts don’t read what other supporters say about their own players but Warne clearly has issues with what he sees in a similar fashion to Fornah and whilst we paid money for both of them they are not looking anywhere near first team material. 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Hang on, the Charlton fans said clearly enough that he doesn’t track back and isn’t exactly a team player so just leave him on the left wing and forget about putting a shift in but he will produce goals. I assume our scouts don’t read what other supporters say about their own players but Warne clearly has issues with what he sees in a similar fashion to Fornah and whilst we paid money for both of them they are not looking anywhere near first team material. 

thats my worry re. monies spent by Pw on tranfers. his record so far is sketchy a best

13 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

thats my worry re. monies spent by Pw on tranfers. his record so far is sketchy a best

Certainly is sketchy currently but doesn’t he spend ages assessing a player and talking to a player before trying to sign a player and then play them in a totally different position before realising they look crap and find a place on the bench for them 

Less than 500 minutes of football. It’s difficult to impress without any sort of consistent game time especially from what strikes me as a confidence player. 
Don't write him off yet. 

Off topic slightly - Tommy Barkhuizen has looked lively in pre season. That cross for Collins last night was pin point but aside from that he looked to make things happen. 

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

As Derby fans, we do want him to be a success, right?

Sometimes on here it’s hard to say.

One goal and he might become a hero. Some players need the love of the crowd. He’s not getting that here so far.

I think there are some people who would rather be right than for him to be a success

27 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

As Derby fans, we do want him to be a success, right?

Sometimes on here it’s hard to say.

One goal and he might become a hero. Some players need the love of the crowd. He’s not getting that here so far.

That’s the bit I don’t get, it’s possible to observe he hasn’t delivered what maybe we’d hoped for yet, and still want him to succeed, it feels like some people just love a scapegoat each and every season. 

There’s still time for him to contribute with a ram on his chest, until the point he moves on I’ll always hope we get to see the best of him.