David Ozoh - Signed on season long loan

Nuwtfly

though that piece does make him sound like a future England captain, we have to take it with a pinch of salt. It’s written by a Palace fan during the end of the Hodgson era. Any glimmer of hope was welcome to them at that time.

Of course I’m hoping that all of the info in the article is accurate and he does the business here, but we should temper expectations because he’s a young lad looking to get his first regular taste of men’s football.

Well, what do you know - Darren Witless has actually called something right! I fully expect to see a pig fly past me on my way to work tomorrow. Throw enough s*** and something is bound to stick I guess…

On Ozoh, this signing makes a lot of sense. CDM but, by the sounds of the insight from that Palace fan, he likes to get forward - sounds very Bird esque, and replacing him is obviously key this window. 

Strongly suspect this is the “Premier League loan midfielder” that we’ve been after since the start of the window, so he’s obviously been on our radar for some sign. Presumably he’s the midfielder Warne was talking about signing tomorrow too, so look out for the announcement…

Remember him coming on and doing well against City last season, but hard to judge the level he’s at based on that one game. Palace fans seem to rate him at least, so let’s hope he comes in and tears up the Championship!

Edited by Millenniumram

32 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well, what do you know - Darren Witless has actually called something right! I fully expect to see a pig fly past me on my way to work tomorrow. Throw enough s*** and something is bound to stick I guess…

On Ozoh, this signing makes a lot of sense. CDM but, by the sounds of the insight from that Palace fan, he likes to get forward - sounds very Bird esque, and replacing him is obviously key this window. 

Strongly suspect this is the “Premier League loan midfielder” that we’ve been after since the start of the window, so he’s obviously been on our radar for some sign. Presumably he’s the midfielder Warne was talking about signing tomorrow too, so look out for the announcement…

Remember him coming on and doing well against City last season, but hard to judge the level he’s at based on that one game. Palace fans seem to rate him at least, so let’s hope he comes in and tears up the Championship!

Witcoop's links...

This summer: Ozoh (loan), Dembele, Adams (said our first bit was £250k)

January: Gayle (linked us to him 17/02, signed 19/02), Blackett-Taylor, Lang (thought it was confirmed we were outbid on him?), Michael Smith (Sheff Weds were being silly)

Summer 2023: Vaulks (if SWFC would agree), Clarke-Harris (if Collins left), Anjorin (Portsmouth offered more), Georgia Kelly (well, we signed Washington so Kelly wasn't an unrealistic target 😉), Yiadom (I think we were looking for full back cover at the time and ended up with Nyambe?), Rhodes (pretty much confirmed, Godden (others reported it too), Jack Vale (injured when we were trying to sign him, then went to Lincoln on deadline day 2 months later), Wes Harding, Ladapo (ruled out due to cost), Washington, May (chose Charlton instead), Roberts (chose Championship football), Fisher (pretty sure this one was just agent talk)

Jan 2023: Curtis Nelson (not unreasonable due to us signing him at the end of the season instead), Flint (we were also linked by him in the summer), Vaulks (it's clear Warne wanted him and tried to sign him every transfer window), Fisher (agent talk)

Summer 2022: Korey Smith

A couple of agents putting their players in the papers, but I think he's fairly reliable overall.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Witcoop's links...

This summer: Ozoh (loan), Dembele, Adams (said our first bit was £250k)

January: Gayle (linked us to him 17/02, signed 19/02), Blackett-Taylor, Lang (thought it was confirmed we were outbid on him?), Michael Smith (Sheff Weds were being silly)

Summer 2023: Vaulks (if SWFC would agree), Clarke-Harris (if Collins left), Anjorin (Portsmouth offered more), Georgia Kelly (well, we signed Washington so Kelly wasn't an unrealistic target 😉), Yiadom (I think we were looking for full back cover at the time and ended up with Nyambe?), Rhodes (pretty much confirmed, Godden (others reported it too), Jack Vale (injured when we were trying to sign him, then went to Lincoln on deadline day 2 months later), Wes Harding, Ladapo (ruled out due to cost), Washington, May (chose Charlton instead), Roberts (chose Championship football), Fisher (pretty sure this one was just agent talk)

Jan 2023: Curtis Nelson (not unreasonable due to us signing him at the end of the season instead), Flint (we were also linked by him in the summer), Vaulks (it's clear Warne wanted him and tried to sign him every transfer window), Fisher (agent talk)

Summer 2022: Korey Smith

A couple of agents putting their players in the papers, but I think he's fairly reliable overall.

That’s some effort you’ve put in there… more effort than most journalists put into their articles

11 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Oh oh oh it's magic, you know, Kenzo, Ebou and Ozoh

Oh oh oh it’s magic, you know, Kenzo, Ebou and Ozoh

its magic, you know, Kenzo, Ebou and Ozoh 👏👏👏

3 minutes ago, Taribo said:

This reads like we're loaning in Tomori, Mount and Wilson combined into one super player

Yeah, he was tonguing the guy like he's Zidane reincarnate, but hopefully there's some insight we can take.