Mendez Laing Arrested

Rambalin

Just now, Terry Hennessy said:

Sounds pretty unlikely. The Spanish Police do have zero tolerance to violence against women... but logically you'd think its made up...and as stated he's in training now surely..

Likely coming back later due to being away on international duty. But he has been doing training whilst in Majorca.

For those who can't bear to click on a link to the Sun, this is the jist of the report:-

"Majorcan newspaper Ultima Hora is reporting that Mendez-Laing allegedly punched the woman in the face before taking her phone.

His wife is accused of pulling the unnamed woman’s hair and was also arrested after police were given the mobile's geolocator by the "assault victim" and went to their holiday accommodation.

The couple were released pending an ongoing criminal investigation after paying €300 bail according to Ultima Hora.

The mystery woman at the centre of the bizarre incident, described locally as a Brit, is said to have annoyed the footballer and his wife by taking pictures and video of them without their consent inside the unnamed nightspot."

My guess would be any conviction would depend on whether the assault allegation can be independently verified by witnesses. The phone theft seems pretty much verified in the report.

9 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Sounds like a very common scenario where people decide they can overstep others peoples boundaries by sticking phones in their faces just because they’re “famous”.

Not sure it would cause NML to punch a woman in the face and steel her phone.

The only reason I would want to steel someones phone would be if they had a video on there of me that I wouldnt want the world (or missus) to see and I was being blackmailed....then I would have to whip out the hawk tuah!

Hopefully its all of nothing and he is scoring goals in August.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The only reason I would want to steel someones phone would be if they had a video on there of me that I wouldnt want the world (or missus) to see and I was being blackmailed....then I would have to whip out the hawk tuah!

I'm sorry?

Confused Little Girl GIF

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would imagine this term "punch" is being extremely sensationalist. If it was grabbing a phone out of someone's hand or something like that, could easily be exaggerated into a punch to try and claim some pesos.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Hopefully its all of nothing and he is scoring goals in August.

You’d have to whip out the WHA— 

disgusted team america GIF