Transfer rumours

Well, it’s been a mostly good window.

The obvious down side is the striker situation, looks like Yates, Brown will be doing the heavy lifting unless we get a free agent in.

Most importantly we’ve solidified central defence and added attacking creativity.

Would like to have bought in a bit more strength in depth across the fringe areas of the squad but that’s more of a long term project. 

Which brings us onto the fact that we have completely revamped the squad in one window. A lot of people moaning about the “competitive budget” but that budget has had to bring in a lot of players, other clubs haven’t had to spread their budgets so thin as they already had established squads made for this division. 

Relatively happy, despite the striker situation.

I know. We all wanted a striker but the two today are excellent signings. I think both start as soon as they’re available.

Striker situation isn’t ideal but Yates ain’t bad and Brown is promising. I assume we’ll try again in Jan. Perhaps Jackson gets some more minutes there.

Today could’ve been much, much worse. U Rams 🐏 

Two good signings today and overall a good window.

Our front line of Yates, Collins, Washington and Brown is interesting though. 3/4 wouldn’t get in to a top 10 league 1 team.

The free options aren’t great but needs must.

All eyes on Warne and the players. If we’re saying it’s a good window then there’s no excuses.

19 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I know. We all wanted a striker but the two today are excellent signings. I think both start as soon as they’re available.

Striker situation isn’t ideal but Yates ain’t bad and Brown is promising. I assume we’ll try again in Jan. Perhaps Jackson gets some more minutes there.

Today could’ve been much, much worse. U Rams 🐏 

Someone mentioned a Swedish striker a few days ago, scoring lots of goals only 23 yrs old. Even knows our new Swedish keeper. Can't remember is name now (My old age), but I looked him up and his contract runs out in November. Anyone on here recall his name?

13 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Two good signings today and overall a good window.

Our front line of Yates, Collins, Washington and Brown is interesting though. 3/4 wouldn’t get in to a top 10 league 1 team.

The free options aren’t great but needs must.

All eyes on Warne and the players. If we’re saying it’s a good window then there’s no excuses.

No excuses for what? Not getting promoted? Not sure what your expectations are.

If we stay up without a major relegation battle then we've done well. I believe we'll do that.

Breaking news. 37 year old Connor Salmon is identified as Derby's " missing piece in the Jigsaw"

He's expected to put pen to paper just before the transfer window "slams shut".

Quoted on the  "Sh*t  players that get sh*tter" website he said " I know Derby are desperate for a striker but I think I can do a job for them"

It wasn't clear what that job was, but mentions of cleaning toilets or car park attendendant were described by the club as "harsh".

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Dom Dietrich confirming in the podcast  that we wanted Jebbison on loan but he chose to go Watford & we also wanted Al-Hamadi but the finances just didnt add up for us

Yep can’t blame Jebbison watford won 5 from 5 and are a london club and with Ipswich not getting a striker in Al-Hamadi was never going to leave. Dom did mention he’ll ask Warne tomorrow if he’s going to go for a striker in the free agent market, be very interested to see what Warne replies. 

In terms of net spend we were in the top 6: Middlesbrough and Coventry were runaway leaders, followed by Bristol and then us, Wednesday and Stoke were very similar. I suspect Stoke’s loan fees were quite high, therefore with blind guesswork:

Coventry
Middlesbrough
Bristol City
Stoke
Derby
Wednesday

Clowes deserves credit for that, albeit we quite didn’t get enough done. 

Good window. Just that striker would have made it a really good window.

In all fairness if we had signed a striker late on today he wouldn't have played tomorrow anyway. So if we do get one in on a free, then he would probably be available for the Cardiff game in 2 weeks anyway.

We might not get one in but if we do then I'd take any one of:-

Lucas João 

Aaron Connolly 

Andre Grey

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Good window. Just that striker would have made it a really good window.

In all fairness if we had signed a striker late on today he wouldn't have played tomorrow anyway. So if we do get one in on a free, then he would probably be available for the Cardiff game in 2 weeks anyway.

We might not get one in but if we do then I'd take any one of:-

Lucas João 

Aaron Connolly 

Andre Grey

Lucas Joao for me from a few years ago, I wouldn’t have a clue how many games he’s played in the last year or 2 or his injury record, anyone help?

7 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Lucas Joao for me from a few years ago, I wouldn’t have a clue how many games he’s played in the last year or 2 or his injury record, anyone help?

Appears to have played 12 games last season, for Umm... Salal SC in Qatar.

And 1 appearance for Shanghai in China.

Season before that, 36 appearances for Reading and 9 for Shanghai.

Doesn't seem like he's local anymore, to me...

Edited by SaintRam

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

No excuses for what? Not getting promoted? Not sure what your expectations are.

If we stay up without a major relegation battle then we've done well. I believe we'll do that.

No excuses if we carry on as we’ve started.