Transfer rumours

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

As GoC said: he will probably be plugging another £5-10m hole this season. He’s funded the club to the tune of £10m a season (probably) up to this point. We can only lose £13m a year under PSR anyway. 

other clubs are selling players, some for obscene values, so they have money to reinvest. We simply haven’t got that many players other teams would pay for, nevermind for any serious value.

In terms of net spend, we’re likely to be one of the highest in the league - certainly top 6. In terms of overall spend, we’re likely to be in the bottom 6. 

Net spend we were 6th and overall spend we were 14th last time I checked a few days ago

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Appreciate some of you are going to slaughter me for even asking this, but can David Clowes afford to run a Championship club? And by that I mean, has he got the funds to compete with the other clubs in this way in this division? 

Perfectly valid question, I'd have thought. I actually think he's borderline and I think he probably does too. He only bought the club (as opposed to Pride Park) as nobody else would and he's down £90 million already on a group net worth of around 4 times that figure.

FWIW, I think the fact (if true) that we're scratching around looking at the 3rd or 4th choice CF from a club in the league below us tells its own story. Makes me respect Clowes even more, especially with some are moaning that he's not chucking more in. Easy to say when it's someone else's cash and it shows what ingrates footy fans can be. Hopefully rumours of imminent investment are true.

On that final note, does anyone know if Maz popped anything more up on Twatter? Think it was him who suggested investment was coming 'soon'.

6 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

On that final note, does anyone know if Maz popped anything more up on Twatter? Think it was him who suggested investment was coming 'soon'.

Didn’t he suggest a One Direction link with a 👀 emoji. Niall Horan I think, more likely Val Doonican will invest.😆

Edited by hintonsboots

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

“ We won’t sell as many season tickets in league one “, we did.

”We won’t sell many season tickets now we are still in league one “, we did.

” We won’t sell many season tickets with the new SKY ideal “, we did.

When will we ever learn eh.

Let's be honest here, Rams fans would still turn up in their thousands if we were in the Dog & Duck league. Numbers might dwindle slightly were we relegated again, but not by anywhere near the numbers some would have us believe.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Joe Taylors move to Huddersfield in doubt, go get him FFS 

He's a great kid too - did loads of work with Lincoln's community team, was constantly in schools and with junior teams. He's only played 24 minutes so far this season, with 2/4 as unused sub. He was very vocal about wanting a main role somewhere hence why he was open to coming back to Lincoln. There's quiet whispers that they might still be able to get him back. Would be a cracking signing for us. Put two up front, him and Collins as a double act. Get it done Derby. 

50 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I refuse to believe none of our ITK’s know nothing with 28 and a half hours left of the window. 

@SECornerRAM @Round the Houses @Big Trav @MACKWORTHRAM

I don't think they know anything because I don't think there are any concrete links, all our first choices and possibly some 2nd and 3rd choices have gone elsewhere.

It wouldn't suprise me if Paul and the team rock up tomorrow and start ringing round clubs and agents to see who is left.

17 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Didn’t he suggest a One Direction link with a 👀 emoji. Niall Horan I think, more likely Val Doonican will invest.😆

Not sure buddy, I thought us super-sleuths had derived that from the term young boy who'd supported the club all his life. Given old Val has been dead a decade, Horan might still be a better bet 😋

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I don't think they know anything because I don't think there are any concrete links, all our first choices and possibly some 2nd and 3rd choices have gone elsewhere.

It wouldn't suprise me if Paul and the team rock up tomorrow and start ringing round clubs and agents to see who is left.

I trust Warney to pull a few 🐰out of the🎩 tomorrow 🙈

On 25/05/2024 at 08:22, jono said:

It seems to be a hallmark of the Clowes / Warne strategy. This quiet under the radar, businesslike approach. So much more thoughtful than the loads a money hype. I am quietly confident that things will happen without mad auctions and desperation.

I am still nervous about our lack of current fire power but you have to trust that they know what they are doing. All will be well. (But I confess I am missing the frisson of some juicy gossip 🤣)

Had a look what we were talking about in May . We never thought it would get to this desperate state .