Transfer rumours

2 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

“Wants 2 or 3” and only wants players who’ll improve our starting 11

So half the Barrow team then. 

If he can’t find an improvement on this team, that’s a sackable offence straight away especially since there know what we need for as long as they have. 

3 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

If he can’t find an improvement on this team, that’s a sackable offence straight away especially since there know what we need for as long as they have. 

Not directing this at just you, but that there is a fickle problem with all football fans. If we won 5-0 tonight it’d be the boards fault and our lack of funds but now we’ve lost if we don’t get signings in it’s on Warne and Warne only. Already seen people on here and X blaming Warne for the lack of signings but I doubt he’s gone to the board and said I actually don’t want a new target man, I also would hate a centre back and definitely dont want a new wing back or winger.

7 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Not directing this at just you, but that there is a fickle problem with all football fans. If we won 5-0 tonight it’d be the boards fault and our lack of funds but now we’ve lost if we don’t get signings in it’s on Warne and Warne only. Already seen people on here and X blaming Warne for the lack of signings but I doubt he’s gone to the board and said I actually don’t want a new target man, I also would hate a centre back and definitely dont want a new wing back or winger.

Agree with a lot of that mate, but Warne is responsible for setting up the team, tactics and patterns of play. He is too negative, especially against League 2 Oppo.

13 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Perhaps they don’t trust him to utilise be able to  coach good players

Edited by strawhillram

10 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I don’t think it’s purely about signings unfortunately. The style of play is awful. There was no game plan, no control and no cutting edge tonight against a team 2 leagues below us.

Warnes style of play so far in the championship is to grab a goal and sit back and hopefully see it out. Yes it worked against boro, but also showed against Watford it can swing the other way, which will more than likely happen against the bigger teams this season. I am genuinely worried for the season ahead

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Agree with a lot of that mate, but Warne is responsible for setting up the team, tactics and patterns of play. He is too negative, especially against League 2 Oppo.

1 minute ago, strawhillram said:

Perhaps they don’t trust him to utilise be able to correct coach good players

Just now, Fraser_23 said:

I don’t think it’s purely about signings unfortunately. The style of play is awful. There was no game plan, no control and no cutting edge tonight against a team 2 leagues below us.

Warnes style of play so far in the championship is to grab a goal and sit back and hopefully see it out. Yes it worked against boro, but also showed against Watford it can swing the other way, which will more than likely happen against the bigger teams this season. I am genuinely worried for the season ahead

It’s nothing to do with the football I know we play unaesthetic football and it’s hard to watch. There is a lot of players abroad, on frees and available on loan that would kill to play for absolutely anyone in the championship. It’s now the last week and we’re still 2/3 players shot of what we want. My point is it’s the board, recruitment, and those above the football management’s heads that are in charge of sorting this stuff. Yes Warne and co have a say but not on finances, deal structures etc.

11 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

It’s nothing to do with the football I know we play unaesthetic football and it’s hard to watch. There is a lot of players abroad, on frees and available on loan that would kill to play for absolutely anyone in the championship. It’s now the last week and we’re still 2/3 players shot of what we want. My point is it’s the board, recruitment, and those above the football management’s heads that are in charge of sorting this stuff. Yes Warne and co have a say but not on finances, deal structures etc.

I’ve probably misread your point so apologies if i have. 

I was merely stating it’s not solely down to lack of transfers. 

Anyway all this talk of Warne getting the right types of person in and the amount of time he takes pursuing them appears to be worthless if we end up with folk who are 5th/6th choice and only popping in for a loan or have I misunderstood what he always says

35 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

You're right, in that there are a lot of players in the world, and that it isn't just down to Warne and his staff to get them in. However, he has a massive say in the type of player he wants, whether he wants an international player or not, and will have the final say on who to go for.

There's not a doubt in my mind that Warne has shut the door on a very large talent pool because of his own requirements - many of those options would be affordable and improve our starting 11. The door just needs to be opened to allow the scouting team to identify those options. 

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Key points from Warne on BBBC Radio Derby. 

- Admitted we were awful in first half and slightly better in second half. States the obvious that penalties are a lottery. 

- “we didn’t do enough to create guilt edge chances” 

- wanted us to control the ball more but we couldn’t string passes together. 

On transfers then 

- Will use Chirewa in midfield. Happy to bring more energy and creativity. 

- Can’t guarantee any signings but expects some. 

- “Wants 2 or 3” and only wants players who’ll improve our starting 11.

It's one of the biggest myths in football that penalties are a lottery. Of course they're not - they're a test of nerve and skill and need to be coached and practised. We've done well with that over recent seasons, but missing three out of five smacks of a lack of preparation. And a very disappointing comment from the manager who I hope knows better.

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's one of the biggest myths in football that penalties are a lottery.

Is it though? I've often seen the better side in the 90 / 120 minutes come apart at the seems and I'd sure you need no reminding that our very best players (those picked to play for the country) are among that number. I think it's possibly too simplistic to suggest it's simply down to preparation.

For my part, I just feel like we have very little confidence right now, though perhaps it could fairly be said that PW needs to address that too. A couple of wins might see us in a very different light, but that in itself is a tough brief. Hopefully then, we see a fired up and determined performance against Bristol, as it's much needed by fans and players alike.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's one of the biggest myths in football that penalties are a lottery. Of course they're not - they're a test of nerve and skill and need to be coached and practised. We've done well with that over recent seasons, but missing three out of five smacks of a lack of preparation. And a very disappointing comment from the manager who I hope knows better.

Whilst I agree, at this stage of the season, I'd have been a bit disappointed if we'd been spending some of our limited time between games preparing for the possibility of pens in an EFL cup 2nd round game.

I'm not bothered that we're out the cup, I'm more bothered about building for the rest of the season (we don't half need it). I'd rather they spent the time on set pieces given it looks like our only hope of scoring most games