Transfer rumours

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

TBH, Brown isn't anywhere near Lamal's level. He's got great promise but, provided we get another striker in, a loan until January in L1 is probably best for his development.

True, but nor does he need to be at Lamals level. We're not competing anywhere near the standard of football Lamal has been performing in. If we have significant options that dictate that Brown is way down the pecking order, then fair enough, loan him out. Otherwise give him a go. Of course it's possible that Warney is watching the guy in training and not liking what he's seeing....

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sad but seems to be true. I get that management is hard because you are ultimately judged on how the first team performs, but some of those games were a chance to see if you could strengthen the first team at very little risk. And it was never taken. Missed opportunity. I feel gir all three of those. Playing them can also massively boost transfer value, allowing you to sell and buy others if you don't especially rate them but think others might. For instance Newcastle and Sunderland looking at Daj on a permanent. 

It says a lot when Brown wasn't ready for our first team in league 1 last year and yet according to Paul "just about every league 1 club wants him on loan" this year. And he isn't ready for us again this year, yet Sunderland and Newcastle are rumoured to have an interest in him also.

Our first 3 games Yates is out, so Brown should be in and around that team way before he is shipped out on loan.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It says a lot when Brown wasn't ready for our first team in league 1 last year and yet according to Paul "just about every league 1 club wants him on loan" this year. And he isn't ready for us again this year, yet Sunderland and Newcastle are rumoured to have an interest in him also.

Our first 3 games Yates is out, so Brown should be in and around that team way before he is shipped out on loan.

David Ozoh is five months older than Dajaune Brown. Everyone who has been to school knows someone in the same year had similar age differences. Dajaune is old enough to play first-team football for us. Loaning him out should not be on the cards until at least January. Players like Max Bardell, Daniel Cox, Keilen Robinson and Lennon Wheeldon should be considered, though.

8 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Brown is way off a starting place still. 

Exactly, loan him out to a league 1-2 club. There's no evidence Newcastle or Sunderland will pay a decent fee for him or are even interested in him and if they did they'd only loan him out to a league 1-2 club anyway. 

32 minutes ago, Steadybreeze said:

Exactly, loan him out to a league 1-2 club. There's no evidence Newcastle or Sunderland will pay a decent fee for him or are even interested in him and if they did they'd only loan him out to a league 1-2 club anyway. 

We could sell him for a quid to Newcastle with a 25% sell on .  They use him as a 40 million overspend reduction chip by flogging him to Bournemouth next week and we get 10 million.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952by4ar4sf5dly9xq01kt

1 hour ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

On what basis have you stated this, how many times you seen him play or are you on the coaching staff and see him train everyday? I thought he looked one our most dangerous strikers when he came on in Spain.

Magicman uses a Dulux colour wheel to decide his opinion on players. 

26 minutes ago, Srg said:

Magicman uses a Dulux colour wheel to decide his opinion on players. 

lol you must be right, I just don’t get it how you can have an opinion on a player that you’ve never seen play🤷‍♂️

Personally I would have him ahead of Collo this year as a No.9, just cos of his pure pace and power and lets face it we’re hardly blessed with No9s.

18 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

lol you must be right, I just don’t get it how you can have an opinion on a player that you’ve never seen play🤷‍♂️

Personally I would have him ahead of Collo this year as a No.9, just cos of his pure pace and power and lets face it we’re hardly blessed with No9s.

Yep and we don’t look like we are going to be holding the ball very long in midfield either 

2 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

On what basis have you stated this, how many times you seen him play or are you on the coaching staff and see him train everyday? I thought he looked one our most dangerous strikers when he came on in Spain.

How many times have you seen him play? 

Saying he is ready to start in the Championship because he looked dangerous in a pre season friendly against Stockport.

Nobody has seen him play regularly because he hasn't.

So when people say he's ready to play. On what basis are they knowing he is ready to play? Cos of a few pre season friendlies.

I mean Jack Marriott scored against Chelsea the other day. Shall we get him back?

You've said it there. "Are you on the coaching staff" 

These are the only ones that see him every single day in training. They will know if he's ready or not.

We will be able to see the same potential that Newcastle and Sunderland see. If one of them signed him he'd be on loan at this season and possibly next too. 

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I agree with all this, but would also say from the clips I watched of Gateshead last year I thought his touch and control was way off Championship level. 

I would like to see him given the chance but unlike some here I am a long way from being convinced he is ready for first team action for us.

11 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I agree with all this, but would also say from the clips I watched of Gateshead last year I thought his touch and control was way off Championship level. 

I would like to see him given the chance but unlike some here I am a long way from being convinced he is ready for first team action for us.

I don't agree, but anyway a striker is there to score goals. The only way to be sure he can't step up is play him - we've nine substitutes and lots of games before the window shuts.

I don't think Warne knows how to bring inexperienced players through - well we've seen no evidence of that at best.

I was at Wembley for the final against my Moors team, but my attention was on mainly on Brown. 

The positives were that he had great touch and power, also he showed great composure when under pressure, especially when calmly put away the winning penalty. His control and vision in strong up the first goal was excellent as was his finish for the second goal. 

The only downside was that he seemed to drift away a little when Moors were on top, something Warne will want to sort out. 

But he showed that he is capable at playing at the top of non league level and may be worth a punt at championship. 

Looking at it in a different way, if we'd just bought him from Gateshead, would we be looking to send him straight back out on loan or expecting him to join the first team squad?

41 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

How many times have you seen him play? 

Saying he is ready to start in the Championship because he looked dangerous in a pre season friendly against Stockport.

Nobody has seen him play regularly because he hasn't.

So when people say he's ready to play. On what basis are they knowing he is ready to play? Cos of a few pre season friendlies.

I mean Jack Marriott scored against Chelsea the other day. Shall we get him back?

You've said it there. "Are you on the coaching staff" 

These are the only ones that see him every single day in training. They will know if he's ready or not.

We will be able to see the same potential that Newcastle and Sunderland see. If one of them signed him he'd be on loan at this season and possibly next too. 

Where have I said he’s ready to start for Derby?
Yes I’ve only seen him live once in Spain, so me like everyone else doesn’t no if he’s ready to start or not?

What I did say, I would rather see him start ahead of Collo, purely cos of his youth, pace and power!

10 hours ago, europia said:

True, but nor does he need to be at Lamals level. We're not competing anywhere near the standard of football Lamal has been performing in. If we have significant options that dictate that Brown is way down the pecking order, then fair enough, loan him out. Otherwise give him a go. Of course it's possible that Warney is watching the guy in training and not liking what he's seeing....

The OP I was responding to was, for some bizarre reason, using Lamal as an example of a young player being brought into a team early, a completely different level to Brown going from having a good half season in the 5th tier to being ready for the Championship, and I effectively said exactly what you said about loaning him out?

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We could sell him for a quid to Newcastle with a 25% sell on .  They use him as a 40 million overspend reduction chip by flogging him to Bournemouth next week and we get 10 million.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952by4ar4sf5dly9xq01kt

I believe this happened this summer with Max Kilman. West Ham bought him from Wolves for £40m. Maidenhead who are in the non leagues had a 20% sell on clause so were due 8m. However Wolves said they wouldn’t sell Kilman if Maidenhead claimed the full 20% they were due. So they renegotiated for 10% to get 4m which is season changing money at that level. 

it did leave a sour taste in my mouth though that the Premier League clubs who throw money around like confetti denied Maidenhead what they were legally obligated too. 

Edited by WorcestershireRam

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

I was at Wembley for the final against my Moors team, but my attention was on mainly on Brown. 

The positives were that he had great touch and power, also he showed great composure when under pressure, especially when calmly put away the winning penalty. His control and vision in strong up the first goal was excellent as was his finish for the second goal. 

The only downside was that he seemed to drift away a little when Moors were on top, something Warne will want to sort out. 

But he showed that he is capable at playing at the top of non league level and may be worth a punt at championship. 

Looking at it in a different way, if we'd just bought him from Gateshead, would we be looking to send him straight back out on loan or expecting him to join the first team squad?

The last bit is spot on.  I think there’s a plan to see more of Brown next season.  He needs more game time and the natural step is a loan to L1 or L2 to continue his development.  Next season we’ll be 2 strikers down, assuming Collins leaves at the end of his contract and Yates returns to Swansea.  Maybe 3 depending on the Washington situation.  Brown then fills one of those gaps after a further years experience and development.