Transfer rumours

48 minutes ago, Srg said:

I didn’t post it. But my answer would be about as much as Lewis Dunk did, and at an age where he could be considered for the next tournament too, unlike him.

Anyway, this is going off topic. Back to Zetterström. 

Always fun arguing with a guest…

I know it’s probably not ‘the thing’ to get excited about but I genuinely can’t remember the last time we were signing players on sensible and modest fees that have big potential to increase in value thus taking us closer to the Brentford model of improving, selling, improving with profits and repeat until you’re a settled premier league club… 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Not to dismiss Kenzo or his WAG, but Zetterstrom is a 6ft 6 handsome b****** with a Swedish model wife.

You are right - Jacobs wife does look a natural beauty on Insta . But give her time , with the addition of Duck lips , hair extensions and tattooed eyebrows - she will surely fit in fine .

A mate of mine is swedish, hammarby season ticket holder. They are djurgardens big rivals so naturally he hates them and won't say anything nice about them. When we were first linked with Zetterstrom though, even he said he's too good for the champ, should he going prem! So it'll be a very exciting signing if we pull it off! 

Trying not to get excited and tell myself that if the fee is £500k ish and clubs like Wolves have been interested in the past then why aren't they back in for him?

Then I see a 6'6 keeper in a scrum hat and all I think is that we're signing Petr Cech reincarnated and that we'll concede the fewest goals ever conceded by a Championship team this season.

59 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

If true, hope he arrives early morning on Wednesday. So he'll be on the bus to Chesterfield in the afternoon.

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Trying not to get excited and tell myself that if the fee is £500k ish and clubs like Wolves have been interested in the past then why aren't they back in for him?

Then I see a 6'6 keeper in a scrum hat and all I think is that we're signing Petr Cech reincarnated and that we'll concede the fewest goals ever conceded by a Championship team this season.

Also worth noting, before we crown a new ITK King, that @SECornerRAMmight have just seen him follow Scott Loach on insta and have put 2+2 together...

Very specific about the dates though, so we'll see...

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Also worth noting, before we crown a new ITK King, that @SECornerRAMmight have just seen him follow Scott Loach on insta and have put 2+2 together...

It is unusual he would follow Scott Loach as well as a different goalkeeper coach who is based in the East Midlands area if it wasn't close to happening though.

I think even if Paul Warne signed up to the forum, he wouldn't be able to be 100% correct with ITK info all the time, things change very quickly. Personal terms and fees could all be agreed ready for the Thursday completion, but somebody could come in and offer better on Wednesday.

It looks like it's pretty close, so let's hope it gets over the line.

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

We were linked with him before he followed him tbf, although it is all very odd considering Loach isn’t even with the club anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

We were linked with him before he followed him tbf, although it is all very odd considering Loach isn’t even with the club anymore. 

Well, as far as we know - he could be using the facilities for his coaching or doing some freelance work. 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

He's posting training sessions for his new GK academy at Pride Park so is obviously involved with the club in some form, even indirectly. Still not exactly sure what access goalkeeper coaches like Loach would have to prospective Derby signings. Zetterstrom might have already been for a look around and met Loach while at the training ground, otherwise I don't see how Loach coaching young keepers would overlap with Zetterstrom's interests to be honest.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

He's posting training sessions for his new GK academy at Pride Park so is obviously involved with the club in some form, even indirectly. Still not exactly sure what access goalkeeper coaches like Loach would have to prospective Derby signings. Zetterstrom might have already been for a look around and met Loach while at the training ground, otherwise I don't see how Loach coaching young keepers would overlap with Zetterstrom's interests to be honest.

"Nice to meet you Jacob, did you fancy coming to do a session with the kids once you're all signed up? Yeah? Great! Give us a follow on insta and we'll get it sorted..."

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF