Transfer rumours

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Everyone seems to assume Fozzie will be keeping the bench warm this coming season. Knowing him he’s been working his nuts off during the summer. Wouldn’t be surprised if he were to surprise us with lots of starts 

Anyone else surprised that I am not surprised that you wouldn't be surprised if he surprised us? 

Some points from Warne last night

- Expects there to be three new faces by Blackburn. Goalie + 2 others.

- Aware of a free agent but he’s too pricey at the moment. 

- Is happy to wait for his targets as they’re good players.

- the final players will be predominantly loans so probably 2/3 loans 2 permanent in my opinion.

- Wants a striker, a number 10, goalkeeper (taken care of) centre back and a left wing back if he can. 

Id imagine then if we were to get a better centre midfielder we’d have to offload a few before that happens.

Any guesses at the free agent ?

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The expensive free agent... Scott McKenna, Ollie Norwood, Shola Shoretire, Tyrese Campbell, Oli McBurnie, Divin Mumama? Any other strong contenders?

McBurnie signing for Las Palmas. Sounds like Mubama going to Lyon, too. 

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The expensive free agent... Scott McKenna, Ollie Norwood, Shola Shoretire, Tyrese Campbell, Oli McBurnie, Divin Mumama? Any other strong contenders?

I think it might be Tyrese Campbell

On 24/07/2024 at 09:28, IlsonDerby said:

Not a chance that the two new fellas have had any say in players this summer. These guys would have been listed as soon as the January transfer window shut under the heading ‘targets if promoted’. 

The club will already have an idea of some of the players who they want to try and get in January/next summer as contracts come to an end if we stay up. 

Someone on here recently explained how these two new fellas were appointed before Christmas but only announced formally this summer. On that basis you would have expected them to have a large say in this summer's recruitment.

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Someone on here recently explained how these two new fellas were appointed before Christmas but only announced formally this summer. On that basis you would have expected them to have a large say in this summer's recruitment.

Referenced from this article and interview on them, quote on their arrival towards the bottom; https://trainingground.guru/articles/mo-bobat-the-cricket-supremo-bringing-sporting-intelligence-to-derby#:~:text=Mo Bobat%3A The cricket supremo bringing sporting intelligence to Derby,-Articles %2F Leadership%2F Derby&text=Derby County have bowled a,with a manager named Warne.

“Ed and I have been hugely impressed by the quality of the people who are already at the club,” Bobat says. “Paul and his coaching team did a brilliant job in getting the team promoted last season and we enjoyed getting to know them after coming in in November."

Is it not Dembele since we know he's available on a free (not necessarily a free agent)?

Warne's profile of players he's looking for is my takeaway: 
Goalkeeper - Zetterstrom or Iversen + another. 
Centre Back - emphasis on quickness. 
Left (Wing) Back - SEcornerRam stated we had a loan offer put in. 
Number 10 - assume Dembele fits this. 
Striker - target man. 

Norwood, Campbell & McKenna don't fit the above narrative. Dembele does. 

13 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Everyone seems to assume Fozzie will be keeping the bench warm this coming season. Knowing him he’s been working his nuts off during the summer. Wouldn’t be surprised if he were to surprise us with lots of starts 

Can he play in goal?

Or as a target man up front?

Get even more starts then.

20 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Hull trying to sign Hughes from Wigan to replace Greaves, I did wonder if hull would try get Cashin to replace Greaves. Hughes is a very similar player to Cashin so hopefully they get him as they might want Cashin if they don’t get Hughes.

Why would Cashin sideways step at this point? His next move should be to a better caliber of club than Hull.