UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You said that I’d made myself look stupid criticising him… if that ain’t defending him I don’t know what is.

Southgate “retaining his faith in the players” would’ve seen the most embarrassing exit from a tournament in years, were it not for a moment of absolute genius from Jude Bellingham - which Southgate had no control over.

You keep on thinking every manager is brilliant irrespective of what happens, the rest of us will actually assess their performance - which for Southgate has been atrocious so far this tournament. And I rated him as England’s second greatest ever manager prior to this tournament. He’s let himself down BIG time.

No, you made yourself look stupid by trying to taunt me during the match when I was busy sticking behind my team.

Southgate had lots of control over Bellingham scoring, had he been listening to you Football Managers he probably already have been taken off or not even been playing at all, so kudos to Southgate for having faith in his players to dig themselves out of the hole they were in.

I don't think anyone is brilliant, I just like to SUPPORT my teams and managers, something you will clearly never understand. 

Simply has to adapt for next game. If we roll with the exact same players in the same formation (minus Guehi, who’s banned) then we will get the same performance. 

He has to be tempted to go 3 at the back to get Trent on and someone to help Kane up top. If he doesn’t, he still needs to sort out the width problem. Trippier potentially injured could actually help the balance. 

Not heard any of Southgate's post match interview. I expect any answers he gave didn't explain why we are so pedestrian in our play. Probably talked more BS and waffle than we've heard from Sunak and Starmer in the last few weeks.

Unless Southgate has sold his soul to the devil. We won't progress past the next round if we have another performance like today.

2 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Not heard any of Southgate's post match interview. I expect any answers he gave didn't explain why we are so pedestrian in our play. Probably talked more BS and waffle than we've heard from Sunak and Starmer in the last few weeks.

Unless Southgate has sold his soul to the devil. We won't progress past the next round if we have another performance like today.

Just heard Bellingham's he ranted about the fans, you can see a big divide between players and fans this tournament as per Rices interview too. Funny part is majority are right behind the players just not the manager.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, you made yourself look stupid by trying to taunt me during the match when I was busy sticking behind my team.

Southgate had lots of control over Bellingham scoring, had he been listening to you Football Managers he probably already have been taken off or not even been playing at all, so kudos to Southgate for having faith in his players to dig themselves out of the hole they were in.

I don't think anyone is brilliant, I just like to SUPPORT my teams and managers, something you will clearly never understand. 

I don’t think anyone would’ve suggested taking Bellingham off, he was one of our few players who looking like doing something.

I support my teams just as much as you. “Support” doesn’t have to mean blind faith in the team and manager. It means wanting your team to win, totally different thing. Which you clearly don’t understand.

5 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Just heard Bellingham's he ranted about the fans, you can see a big divide between players and fans this tournament as per Rices interview too. Funny part is majority are right behind the players just not the manager.

Well plenty of the self-entitled moronic fans were booing during the game. When a club side has been on a terrible run of form, you sometimes get a bit of booing at half time or the end. Booing during the game is very rare.

These fools are going overseas to watch their country in a tournament. A country they love so much that it causes many of them to to act like nationalistic scum. But when their beloved team is struggling and on the verge of being knocked out, they boo them! What totals p*****.

11 minutes ago, YouRams said:

The players will probably see it as a attack at the whole group if they are a close unit 

Edited by Mick Brolly

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I don’t think anyone would’ve suggested taking Bellingham off, he was one of our few players who looking like doing something.

I support my teams just as much as you. “Support” doesn’t have to mean blind faith in the team and manager. It means wanting your team to win, totally different thing. Which you clearly don’t understand.

If @G STAR RAMs blind faith was as extreme as your critical "support", then he would have a Southgate tattoo on his face, changed his name to Gareth, have a mural of him painted on his end-of-terrace house he bought especially (in Southgate) and would have a restraining order  for continually trying to kiss his hero.

7 hours ago, Crewton said:

Morata wandering around offside for the entirety of Spain's build up for Rodris equaliser yet isn't deemed offside because "he moved slightly outside the line of the shot". Oh, I'm sure the keeper wasn't distracted at all.

Sometimes I hate what FIFA and the other governing bodies have done to OUR game 😖 

I agree and will add that IMO offside should always be ruled offside, every player inside the line has an effect on the game.

Was happy to see Morata get a yellow from an observant ref, he's a dirty dishonest player.

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He looked absolutely dreadful, his effort and attitude was awful again, you was probably too busy advising Southgate on substitutions on here to notice though. 

I'm sure Derby, England, Warne and Southgate are very grateful and really appreciate your unwavering support.