UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Bellingham is the best footballer on the planet.

Well he's thrown his hat in the ring for sure. It's crazy that we're even discussing it to be fair, given he's just a kid really and still a good few years off his prime.

I think England have been average. Kept possession well first 30 minutes but barely threatened, with the goal coming from our best move + a deflected cross.

We’ve barely created anything since, and Kane’s frustration at barely touching the ball is evident as he drops deeper, congesting the play further.

The team shape is wrong. We need an outlet down our left, but it seems Southgate is trying to please fans and shoehorn Foden into a central role.

I’d get Foden off and put Gordon down the left. 

Also Bellingham as good as he is, is looking like an absolute monster because he is playing like 3 roles out once. He seems to be doing the work of Rice, plus an absent holding midfielder.

I think Bellingham is making Foden, Trent and Rice look average by being so involved, somewhat doing their jobs for them.

Balance doesn’t look right. 

3 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Jekyll and Hyde performance, but a win's a win I suppose. Serbia huffed and puffed in the 2nd half without creating a great deal, but quite why we were so passive, I'm not sure. 

Tournament football init 86, I never felt threatened by Serbia even tho the commo said "yet again England indebted to their number 1" 🙄 one save that was going over the bar.

There's plenty more to come from this team...that Bellingham is some player 👌