UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

8 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

48300f58a440df8cee718d833a7a580a333b82d1

... Did you mean "Too late" as in "Phew, that worked, but only just" kind o' too late?  🤷‍♂️

If you like. It was obvious to everyone that changes had to be made in the poor second half. Right subs but with only 10 minutes left was a good 10 mins after everyone was screaming for them. 

8 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

What’s the best way to get to Berlin? I think all local flights are gone I might be able to get one from Scotland but what’s the best way. Flight ferry or road?

You tried Sky scanner to fly to a different country then Berlin.

Try flying to Poland then Berlin

Edited by cstand

9 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

What’s the best way to get to Berlin? I think all local flights are gone I might be able to get one from Scotland but what’s the best way. Flight ferry or road?

Fly to another city in Germany and get on a train 

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Reminds me a bit of Italia 90 where we went into the tournament with one established system, stunk early doors, changed things around and played much better.

Very interesting final. Which coach will blink first and worry about the opposition more than their own team?

Let's see if we have learned from the Italy final!

Spain will not be worried about us at all.  

Our best chance is to keep and pray we sneak one on a set piece...

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

If you like. It was obvious to everyone that changes had to be made in the poor second half. Right subs but with only 10 minutes left was a good 10 mins after everyone was screaming for them. 

I don't like.  My pedantry is not voluntary.  But the fact remains he wasn't "Too late", as the result shows.

... and yes, of course I agree with the theory behind your comment.  👍

Hey... Let's rejoice, and pray we get the same outcome on Sunday!  🍻 

3 hours ago, Carnero said:

He's scored 77/87 (88.5%) in his career so it should be 0.885 otherwise xG is confirmed to be bollox 👍

Just as a counter to this, what about if their goalkeeper had saved every single penalty he has ever faced?

1 hour ago, Day said:

How good is this. Those Dutch fans are something else.

Have to say, we come across a lot of Dutch on our camping escapades through (usually) France.

Far and away our favourite camping neighbours, and have even had some significant influence on the way we holiday... Top-Notch Dutch made canvas storm tent, Dutch-stylee (and Made in Amsterdam) e-bikes. 
And of course, I still look great in my Bob Marley Ajax shirt!  😎

#Love the Dutch, we do.

10 hours ago, maxjam said:

I know some of you lot like a nice xG stat...

That still is incredible - he had absolutely no right to be scoring from there. When he lined up to shoot, I had no doubts it was going into the near side netting. To see it nestle in the far corner was one of the most surprising footballing moments of my life. Amazing scenes!

Edited by Stive Pesley

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I don't like.  My pedantry is not voluntary.  But the fact remains he wasn't "Too late", as the result shows.

... and yes, of course I agree with the theory behind your comment.  👍

Hey... Let's rejoice, and pray we get the same outcome on Sunday!  🍻 

Perfect timing I'd say. Bringing someone on who then scores on 89 minutes and 59 seconds...

Lot of talk everywhere on tinterwebthingy about the penalty. It was one. In real time, I never thought "penalty". Neither did the ref. Then came the first video replay and I said to my dear Dutch lady wife... "that will go to VAR and it will be a penalty". I was right. So was the VAR to ask the ref to view the video. As was the ref when he decided to give the penalty.

Now, there are a lot of people saying it wasn't one. Unsurprisingly Koeman and his players but also Gary Neville and other ex players, some English folk and a lot of people from the rest of the world. Words like "soft penalty" and "never a penalty" are everywhere.

Let's look at the incident in question. Dumfries goes in late, studs up and connects with Kane's foot getting on 3 feet off the floor. If that happens in the centre circle, it's a free kick and a yellow card all day long. This next bit might surprise some folk but... exactly the same Law applies in the box as out of it. If it's a free kick and a yellow in the centre circle then it's the same in the box except that the free kick is now a penalty. Nowt wrong in the ref not seeing it "live", nowt wrong in VAR looking at it, 100% correct decision to ask the ref to view the video and idem ditto the decision to give the penalty and a yellow card.

I'm a qualified ref and I support the officials' in this. Take the emotion out of it and they got it right.

28 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Perfect timing I'd say. Bringing someone on who then scores on 89 minutes and 59 seconds...

Lot of talk everywhere on tinterwebthingy about the penalty. It was one. In real time, I never thought "penalty". Neither did the ref. Then came the first video replay and I said to my dear Dutch lady wife... "that will go to VAR and it will be a penalty". I was right. So was the VAR to ask the ref to view the video. As was the ref when he decided to give the penalty.

Now, there are a lot of people saying it wasn't one. Unsurprisingly Koeman and his players but also Gary Neville and other ex players, some English folk and a lot of people from the rest of the world. Words like "soft penalty" and "never a penalty" are everywhere.

Let's look at the incident in question. Dumfries goes in late, studs up and connects with Kane's foot getting on 3 feet off the floor. If that happens in the centre circle, it's a free kick and a yellow card all day long. This next bit might surprise some folk but... exactly the same Law applies in the box as out of it. If it's a free kick and a yellow in the centre circle then it's the same in the box except that the free kick is now a penalty. Nowt wrong in the ref not seeing it "live", nowt wrong in VAR looking at it, 100% correct decision to ask the ref to view the video and idem ditto the decision to give the penalty and a yellow card.

I'm a qualified ref and I support the officials' in this. Take the emotion out of it and they got it right.

Dumfries made a lot of heavy tackles,pushing English players in the back,and kicking ankles,as well as being caught on TV with his finger up his nose,bogeyman ?