Pre season

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Really? We have way more central midfielders than central defenders. 

In the first team squad, we'll have the following options:
CB: Nyambe, Nelson, *pacey CB*, Bradley, Forsyth, Cashin, Rooney = 7
CM: Ozoh, Adams, Osborn, Goudmijn, Thompson, *10/8* = 6

Fornah is clearly on his way out and we'll be loaning DRobinson out once he's no longer needed as CB or CM cover.

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

500 minutes ffs what were you like when we signed Stevie Howard and he had a slow start? 

Steve Howards career before joing us was proven. CBT is another Nick Blackman 1/2 season wonder then nothing 11

3 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Perhaps a little early to condemn CBT as another Nick Blackman. 

Way too early. Particularly when people are judging his performances in games where he a) isn’t fully fit and b) isn’t playing in his best position. 

He’s looked really really off it in pre-season games, but so have a lot of them. 

13 hours ago, Nyderby said:

Brilliant retort. 

The bottom one is Warne doesn't have a great track record in championship. We shouldn't take too many chances and risk going back to league one. I've been seeing this before the preseason that we need to be very careful and this is a very competitive championship side and I don't trust Warnes tactics. 

To be honest, words failed me after your first comment and the above is not much better.  The season hasn’t even started and the knives are out for a manager that succeeded last season.  

I’m not a massive pro Paul Warne cheer leader but I am a Derby County Supporter and the last thing we need are knee jerk reactions early in the season as you inferred.  Thankfully we have an owner that understands that some stability is needed and that creating a team / club culture is not an over night fix.  

You may not like the style of football for which you have a choice - either watch or not.  

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Way too early. Particularly when people are judging his performances in games where he a) isn’t fully fit and b) isn’t playing in his best position. 

He’s looked really really off it in pre-season games, but so have a lot of them. 

His lack of fitness is a factor in my assessment we should get shot. What is his best position , he has been used on both flanks and neither scored or made any chances - the key reasons for getting shot 

There seems to be a big split on here about CBT. I nailed my colours to the mast last season when I said he would turn out to be a dud. My mate is a Charlton STH and he said his mates were all glad he had gone. One purple patch and then nothing. I’ve seen nothing since to change my opinion.
Cue posters replying quoting “he’s not fit, he’s being played on the wrong wing, give him a chance, all this negativity before the season has started blah blah blah”.  I have my opinion, other posters have there’s. It’s not a problem for me but having opposing thoughts seems to be a problem for some. 

14 hours ago, Nyderby said:

I understand, but strangely enough, I think there are people here that still underestimate how difficult league one is, and if we get relegated again, we may be stuck for sometime. It's about surviving in the championship.

Can't you see how you've managed to undermine your own argument in one fell swoop.

By declaring that League 1 is extremely difficult to get out of then by default you're offering Warne praise for accomplishing this task last season. 

So if he can manage to get us out of an extremely difficult league one season why then the following season he will totally fail unless the Championship, in your opinion, is the standard of La Liga. 

57 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Can't you see how you've managed to undermine your own argument in one fell swoop.

By declaring that League 1 is extremely difficult to get out of then by default you're offering Warne praise for accomplishing this task last season. 

So if he can manage to get us out of an extremely difficult league one season why then the following season he will totally fail unless the Championship, in your opinion, is the standard of La Liga. 

Uh-huh. I've given him props for getting them out of L1. This does not mitigate the fact that he has a poor track record at this level.

2 hours ago, Donnyram said:

To be honest, words failed me after your first comment and the above is not much better.  The season hasn’t even started and the knives are out for a manager that succeeded last season.  

I’m not a massive pro Paul Warne cheer leader but I am a Derby County Supporter and the last thing we need are knee jerk reactions early in the season as you inferred.  Thankfully we have an owner that understands that some stability is needed and that creating a team / club culture is not an over night fix.  

You may not like the style of football for which you have a choice - either watch or not.  

You're overreacting as is common on this site. Extreme caution based upon prior evidence is not calling for his head, AKA knives out. 

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

So what do you define as early on? The first 10-12 games? With 34 games or so remaining, even if a team is half a dozen points adrift, it’s too early to say they’re in danger of relegation. In danger of relegation is when you’re beginning to run out of games with which to make up the gap to safety.

Purely semantics really and I understand your point about PW being let go if we have a very bad start.

No, this is a fair question and I haven't thought of a very specific number of matches. I think it's a number of factors depending on quality of play, how far deep in the relegation zone they are, etc. My large point is that we need to be very careful to stay in this league.

46 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

No, this is a fair question and I haven't thought of a very specific number of matches. I think it's a number of factors depending on quality of play, how far deep in the relegation zone they are, etc. My large point is that we need to be very careful to stay in this league.

I think christmas is a good time to have a look! If were rock bottom and 12 points adrift, then "he gotta go" (in tony sopranos acsent) otherwise we gotta stick with him imo! No matter what the playing style! 

There will always be arguement and opinion back and forth about him and rightly so!

One thing i dont see mentioned a lot though, is he is a young manager! 8 years as a manager i think and were his second club! 

Its not impossible to think he will grow and adapt as a manager with us! He had a proven way to get out of league one which he stuck too! With a bigger budget with us he might start to adapt his philosy and playing style in the championship! You never know! Hes young for a manager and is still learning, youd hope hes adaptable!

Up the Rams 🐏🐏

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, De22Ram said:

I think christmas is a good time to have a look! If were rock bottom and 12 points adrift, then "he gotta go" (in tony sopranos acsent) otherwise we gotta stick with him imo! No matter what the playing style! There will always be arguement and opinion back and forth about him and rightly so!

One thing i dont see mentioned a lot though, is he is a young manager! 8 years as a manager i think and were his second club! 

Its not impossible to think he will grow and adapt as a manager with us! He had a proven way to get out of league one which he stuck too! With a bigger budget with us he might start to adapt his philosy and playing style in the championship! You never know! Hes young for a manager and is still learning, youd hope hes adaptable!

Up the Rams 🐏🐏

He's 51. Agreed that's not Warnock's age but he's not spring chicken. 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

9 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Was there last night , not as bad as the usual hysterical posters on here would have you believe , Derby put themselves about while playing some good controlled football, the aim of pre season is fitness first and foremost , bed in new players , work on different tactics and formations , results mean nothing at this stage , Warne knows where the work needs to be done both formation and signings wise , let the guy get on with it 

Oh and btw the calling out of certain individuals ie Vickers , Cash , CBT is neither helpful or warranted , I expect better of Derby County supporters

Good post, but I think any criticism of Cashin and Vickers in here has been legitimate, and neither malicious nor personal. You have to be able to discuss a player underperforming, otherwise there's no point in this forum.

Some of the CBT stuff has gone over the top though.

7 hours ago, Magicman said:

Steve Howards career before joing us was proven. CBT is another Nick Blackman 1/2 season wonder then nothing 11

You being way to harsh on CBT.  In his time at Charlton he had

- 21/22 = 27 apps, 2 goals and 4 assists

- 22/23 = 29 apps, 8 goals and 3 assists

- 23/24 = 25 apps, 8 goals and 6 assists up to joining us.

That’s not a bad record and, if anything, shows steady improvement.  Nick Blackman genuinely did have a 1/2 season purple patch before joining us.  I think his time here has been hampered by injury so far.  Hopefully he can get fit, stay fit and make a good contribution.

1 hour ago, trappatoni said:

Talking about Warne's age I was watching the Matt Hamshaw (first team coach) interview the other day and googled him to see what his background is - he's only 42 - he's challenging Rooney in the hard paper round stakes. 

Paper round at Chernobyl.