Pre season

Hope Cashin improves his performances when the real stuff begins 

I am worried about him and just hope he doesn’t get rinsed in the championship and we end up with a player who we could’ve got some decent money for  sometimes it’s best to sell players when the time is right 

Cashin has to improve on the last few games if he is to be a championship asset we looked dreadful at the back tonight without Nelson 

39 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I am worried about him and just hope he doesn’t get rinsed in the championship and we end up with a player who we could’ve got some decent money for  sometimes it’s best to sell players when the time is right 

Cashin has to improve on the last few games if he is to be a championship asset we looked dreadful at the back tonight without Nelson 

It's sometimes forgotten that he started at this level and looked one of the  best players in either side most games. 

His downfall at this level now, will be the requirement to defend and set up play.  If he's allowed to just do his job and then pass it down the centre quick and easy to  midfield to create, rather than win it and pump it down the wing whilst the midfield push up, he'll be an asset.  I'm more worried about those in front creating and scoring enough to allow him to do his job properly.   That's on the manager to utilise him correctly.

I respect that there will be a lot of told ya so's and I knew it's all alongs if we start the season poorly, but I would just like to take this moment to remind everyone that preseason performances, whether that of the team or any individual, have never - at any point in history - had any real bearing on the performance of the team in competitive games. 

I, and I bet a lot of you, have attended many a preseason in Derbys history; and remember all the losses against lower league sides prior to great seasons, and all the wins/draws against premier League/La Liga sides prior to really crap seasons, just as well as I do.

We all enjoy being emotional and reactive, especially online, but you shouldn't let preseason suffocate any optimism you might've had.

Is the plan to use 4231 as the main formation, or was it more likely a result of the best fit for the players available?

If the former, then I think we need to sign 2 AMs as Goudmijn should be used as an 8 alognside one of Ozoh or Adams. I'm also not sure where Ward fits in. We'd still need the CB (cover for Nelson), LB, RW and CF.

If the latter, then I can sort of understand it - we had 4 players missing from our intended back 3 and wing back positions (CB and LWB signings, plus Nelson and Ward being ill/injured). However, it'll be another pre-season game where the players aren't getting used to the roles they'll have during the League season.

My main concern last season is that we lacked control in a lot of games, we were not punished for that because we were in L1 and brute forced it with better players.

In the championship we absolutely will be punished because we don't have better players relative to most of the division.

I hope Warne has some tricks up his sleeve to sort that out so we'll see. Conceding a shedload of goals in pre-season isn't exactly the sign I was hoping for mind you.

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Is the plan to use 4231 as the main formation, or was it more likely a result of the best fit for the players available?

If the former, then I think we need to sign 2 AMs as Goudmijn should be used as an 8 alognside one of Ozoh or Adams. I'm also not sure where Ward fits in. We'd still need the CB (cover for Nelson), LB, RW and CF.

If the latter, then I can sort of understand it - we had 4 players missing from our intended back 3 and wing back positions (CB and LWB signings, plus Nelson and Ward being ill/injured). However, it'll be another pre-season game where the players aren't getting used to the roles they'll have during the League season.

Is the plan to use Bradley in our first pick formation? I still get the impression that Warne, for whatever reason, wants to shoehorn him into the matchday 11. Personally I’d give him a few bob each Saturday and tell him to go get a new tattoo.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Is the plan to use Bradley in our first pick formation? I still get the impression that Warne, for whatever reason, wants to shoehorn him into the matchday 11. Personally I’d give him a few bob each Saturday and tell him to go get a new tattoo.

Could we spray him with silver paint and send him to the market place? - he'd be great as a living statue....

spacer.png

Cash was deep in conversation with hourinhane as he was walking off lastnight at the end of the game 😬 hope connor aint giving him the same kind of career advice he gave bird! Be gutted if Cashin left! 

6 hours ago, S8TY said:

We have to remember he has played all his football with his mates and they have been sold or released so his matchday experience is totally different and he is still a young lad and combined with a manager who constantly changes formations sticking Cashin in more exposed positions ( back three/five) he is best suited to a back four as a left sided centre half but he can play well in a back three if he has Forsyth playing on the left side and Nelson to the right as both of them are experienced at playing full back and know when and where to be, chuck Bradley into the pot and it’s chaos for everyone because he’s even slower and somehow doesn’t head a football and has proved slightly useful in the opposition penalty area where he would help us more if he played centre forward! 

25 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I doubt it. In a back 4 it would be Nelson and Cashin. In a back 3 we'll be trying to sign a CB to play alongside those two.

4 hours ago, Magicman said:

The guys an embarrassment to DCFC get shot !!

Behave you drama queen 😂 

‘an embarrassment’ never seen owt like it haha in our recent history we’ve literally had players crash and leave their captain in the car and run off but some fella with less than 500 minutes for us is the embarrassment. 

Honestly there’s always a clamour for us to do a Brentford etc but we’ll never manage it with fans like this that write someone off at the drop of a hat. 500 minutes. 

If you still feel that he’s underperformed at the end of this season with loads of minutes under his belt then fair enough but he still wouldn’t be ‘an embarrassment’

I think if last night followed a more positive start to pre season then there’d be less of a concern. From 20 to 60 minutes we were the only side that looked like winning. Had we not have then made 6? Changes and altered the team significantly we’d have probably gone on to comfortably win it against a team we struggled against last year.