Pre season

Kenzo and Jackson were certainly the stand outs, a few bits of nice play from both of them. Can see why Warne would like a pacey centre half, Cashin looked a bit cumbersome today (probably tired from hard training sessions). 

First half had some decent moments, second half was a bit stop start at times. Good opponent, chesterfield looked good and tried hard which gave us an excellent opponent for highlighting a few of our weak spots. 

Decent evening at a nice ground, not concerned in the slightest by the result.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's quite disgusting how the euphoria of us getting promoted a matter of months ago has now been dismantled by certain posters after one pre season friendly.

It's almost as though certain folks have their own personal agenda against people attached to the club. Nah, can't be right. 

I appreciate the irony of saying this to someone called "Tyler Durden", but I think you're getting a bit in your own head about it...

Edited by Nuwtfly

12 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Of course, anybody is allowed to care about anything they want to. Whether they should care and, if so, how much they should care are different questions. 

..but surely you can't decide whether someone should care about something or not? And you're judging them negatively if they do?

Paul Warne says in the interview that he's 'openly embarrassed' ("I'll openly admit to being embarassed") by the scoreline, but he's not met with ire for saying so. If someone posts on here that they're embarrassed by the scoreline it's something to be mocked.

Personally I don't find it embarrassing.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

10 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

..but surely you can't decide whether someone should care about something or not? And you're judging them negatively if they do?

Paul Warne says in the interview that he's 'openly embarrassed' ("I'll openly admit to being embarassed") by the scoreline, but he's not met with ire for saying so. If someone posts on here that they're embarrassed by the scoreline it's something to be mocked.

I'm going to disagree with you (different to judging you negatively - I honestly don't care enough do that and the accusation is a very 'modern internet' thing) if you put a lot of store in tonight's result or performance. For that matter, I also disagree with Paul Warne - I don't consider it worth getting upset about or wasting energy speculating about what it all means. If you also look at what I said, the implication is also that while many people might 'care' about something, the amount they will care will differ. Some will care a lot, some will care hardly at all. So all I was actually implying was that this is something not to care about that much, or if at all.  Having not read your opinions on tonight's game, for all I know you fall into the latter category and thus no judgement on my part at all.

Edited by LazloW

23 minutes ago, Vyrdasm said:

Don't care about the result. Don't think most do. Care more about how the team is shaping up with 2 weeks to go and performances. Not sure why that's a bad thing to state. Warne in his interview certainly cares. He knows we need to be ready 1st game at Blackburn 

We might have to go backward a step to be able to go forward more steps. Warne has to build a whole new set of patterns of play , with new players . We could easily lose 3 games on the bounce , at some point next season . So let’s not over hype the team or crucify them. Also I don’t think 2 seasons of Tier 3 football has helped the development of Cashin . This season will be a massive challenge without a quick defender along side him .

15 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Personally I don't find it embarrassing.

Well said sir.

The thought police are out in force tonight.

We should all be able to say tonight was rubbish and we're concerned, tonight was rubbish and we're not concerned as it's only a friendly or tonight was great and we'll win the league - without being mocked and sneered at.

PW's interview seems to imply he's more towards the' tonight was rubbish and we're concerned'  - and, personally, I think he got it about right.

Edited by Ian Buxton's Bat
typo

Don’t think that was as bad as the score line suggests! Chesterfield much the better side though, they looked pretty good! Had a threat

We moved it ok ish, look a bit passive though. Missing someone to dictate the play a bit, bird springs to mind!

mendez up front not the one for me, Jackson looked a good athlete and very mobile.

kenzo ok in parts, might take a while to settle in.

elder a weak link. 

5 at the back looked very defensive, not good enough on the ball to move it quickly.

7 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Well said sir.

The thought police are out in force tonight.

We should all be able to say tonight was rubbish and we're concerned, tonight was rubbish and we're not concerned as it's only a friendly or tonight was great and we'll win the league - without being mocked and sneered at.

PW's interview seems to imply he's more towards the' tonight was rubbish and we're concerned'  - and, personally, I think he got it about right.

Nobody is denying that the scoreline tonight wasn't flattering but when you read comments such as Warne is under the cosh after one pre season friendly then it just screams hysterics.