Retained List

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Players have to be notified by tomorrow according to EFL rules, doesn’t necessarily mean the club have to make the list public by tomorrow. Not sure why but I suspect we may have it at some point this evening 

Hopefully we will, as it will put a end to a lot of this speculative.

1 hour ago, Gary Teale said:

Didnt he have the 2nd highest save percentage? I'm sure someone posted that. 

How often are goalkeepers man of the match in a team at the top of the table?

I would say his save against Bolton was pretty pivotal

Like many statistics save percentage can be flawed, the stunning save against Bolton gets the same mark as collecting a half hit shot that bobbles along the ground from 30 yards. The same goes for strikers, both of those instances class as a shot on target.

I'm not saying that he is a poor keeper, only that due to the excellence of Cashin and Nelson, our keepers haven't really been given the chance to shine this season.

Although we were second in the table, our defenders Cashin and Nelson were more often than not MOM, I don't know what that says about us.

His save was pivotal in that game, but so was Wilson's goal, does that qualify him as an top striker?

What I am suggesting is that the selective use of statistics to back up an argument can be flawed.

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Can't imagine Wildsmith would head to Rotherham unless he has limited options as that would be a very odd move. 

Oppurtunity to be a number one, nearer where he lives (assume he still lives Sheffield way)

3 hours ago, ram59 said:

People have used the number of clean sheets, to claim that Wildsmith is the best keeper in lg1. Clean sheets can be earned by the whole team and have been in Derby's case, I would imagine that our keepers made amongst the fewest top quality saves last season. I can't remember many times that we picked up points because our keeper was man of the match.

On the other hand, Cash and Nelson seemed to mop up most of the awards between them.

Not even the most important game of our season?

With Warne supposedly being ruthless, it’s quite good in the sense he is then able to bring in his own players. If Wildsmith keeps turning down offers from us then it’s best to let him go and get someone like Iversen in who wants to be a number of 1. As for other players, it’s time for likes of Forsyth to leave. The championship has improved since the last time we were in it and we can’t have another summer transfer window like the last.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not even the most important game of our season?

It wouldn't have been our most important game of the season, without Cashin and Nelson performing to the levels they were doing, week in week out.

The more players Warne lets go the more space he creates to turn the team into his own and to suit the way he wants to play.

How he wants to play is another story though, he has always preferred a back 3 but that doesnt really suit CBT who he signed in Jan so does this mean he isnt going to play a back 3 or he has brought in a player who is unlikely to play in his favoured position. Maybe it will be a a 343

52 minutes ago, ram59 said:

It wouldn't have been our most important game of the season, without Cashin and Nelson performing to the levels they were doing, week in week out.

Nor without NML or JCs goals. 

Probably not without the signing of Adams either. 

Not sure what that has got to do with Wildsmiths performance in that game though?

10 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I heard the same at choir practice. Everyone was in tears. Some of his sermons were awe inspiring. 

It’s a shame, I was hoping he would play with our new signings, Archie Bishop, Pope, Angel, Curate, Rector, Parsons, Verger, Priestly, Dove and that new winger we’ve been linked with , what’s he called ? Sidesman ? 

Anyone thought about that Goalie from Macabi Bethlehem ? Jesus something or other. Now he can really save. I’m sure there was talk about a German centre back called Choirmeister. 🤪

The more he lets go would surely suggest we maybe have a few more quid available than we all think, I’m not talking ridiculous money at all but if we let the likes of Collo go it’ll cost a bit to replace 

15 minutes ago, Topram said:

The more he lets go would surely suggest we maybe have a few more quid available than we all think, I’m not talking ridiculous money at all but if we let the likes of Collo go it’ll cost a bit to replace 

I know this will trigger some people! But I was reading Simon Jordan's book and he talked about Palace's promotion to the Premier League and all the riches that awaited. He then dissected all the promotion bonuses he needed to pay, all the fees for players with add ons, then the agents on within an instant asking for an increase in wages, then the additional costs for being in a higher league. Before getting into buying new players who want more money because they know they are needed to take you to the next level.

Obviously it's a different scenario but as the link @oldben sent shows, all the clubs who compete with the parachute payment clubs are pretty much spending more than their turnover on players/players wages 

It's a pretty desperate picture for an owner and I really hope fans aren't going to start to turn on Clowes if/when he doesn't fancy throwing away many more millions of his own hard-earned cash.