Retained List

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

6 goals and 9 assists last season all comps I think he deserves another year if he believes he's got it in him

You'd get 9 assists playing in a team which scores so many from corners when you take every single one of them. Stats are nothing without context.

Legs have gone, he was a liability. We improved immensely when Warne finally realised it.

Posted (edited)

It wouldn’t surprise me if Sibley is influenced by those he’s grown up playing with. The likes of Max Bird & Jason Knight choosing to make a fresh start with the hope of furthering their careers, he’s surely going to think to himself whether he should do the same.

He’s playing out of position, and although he’s done well there, I think he will be very unlikely to start next season as part of our best XI.

I’d like to keep him, but he might be better off going somewhere that he can start every week where he wants to play, even if that’s back in League 1 again.

Edited by Kernow
Fish

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if Sibley is influenced by those he’s grown up playing with. The likes of Max Bird & Jason Knight choosing to make a fish he with the hope of furthering their careers, he’s surely going to think to himself whether he should do the same.

He’s playing out of position, and although he’s done well there, I think he will be very unlikely to start next season as part of our best XI.

I’d like to keep him, but he might be better off going somewhere that he can start every week where he wants to play, even if that’s back in League 1 again.

If I was him I would be telling my agent to do all they can to get me in at Peterborough. I hope we keep him though.

Even if it was out of position he was our best left back / left wing back last season and based on the very limited bits we’ve seen of him so far, Elder to me is a decent defender in a 4 and could play as an emergency CB in a 3 but not sure he could play further forward

22 minutes ago, nottingram said:

If I was him I would be telling my agent to do all they can to get me in at Peterborough. I hope we keep him though.

Even if it was out of position he was our best left back / left wing back last season and based on the very limited bits we’ve seen of him so far, Elder to me is a decent defender in a 4 and could play as an emergency CB in a 3 but not sure he could play further forward

You have seen a different Elder to me.

Not impressed at all. We need a new LWB

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if Sibley is influenced by those he’s grown up playing with. The likes of Max Bird & Jason Knight choosing to make a fish he with the hope of furthering their careers, he’s surely going to think to himself whether he should do the same.

Sibley is a Derby fan, knight and bird weren’t I also think if we were in the champ knight wouldn’t have left and maybe bird might not have. I think if we offer him a deal he’ll sign it.

10 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Sibley is a Derby fan, knight and bird weren’t I also think if we were in the champ knight wouldn’t have left and maybe bird might not have. I think if we offer him a deal he’ll sign it.

That makes a difference but at the end of the day, it’s a short enough career as it is. Sibley is 23 a few weeks into the new season, and he’s a makeshift wing back because the other options were injured. Is that where he saw his career going pre-lockdown when he was being described in the same sentences as Bellingham?

I think getting promoted with your boyhood club is a good way to go out, but ultimately his career will matter more and it’s a case of will he progress more here or elsewhere? I want him to stay, but I can see many reasons for him not to.

4 hours ago, YouRams said:

I wouldn't mind this if he's coming on with 15/20 to play his corners alone could get us some valuable points throughout the season, if he's got a couple of runners behind him and he doesn't have to track back so much all good.

Hourihanes wages would take up a significant amount of the budget. Releasing him to offload those wages would be more beneficial. Same goes to waggy and sadly fozzy. 

26 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Hourihanes wages would take up a significant amount of the budget. Releasing him to offload those wages would be more beneficial. Same goes to waggy and sadly fozzy. 

Can't imagine he'd be on a crazy wage if it was under our restrictions? Agree sadly with Waggy and Foz too injury prone.

18 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Can't imagine he'd be on a crazy wage if it was under our restrictions? Agree sadly with Waggy and Foz too injury prone.

Hourihane would have most likely been one of our top 3 earners over the past couple of seasons, with most estimates putting him at (or above) the £10k pw mark - pretty high for someone who would be 6th choice CM at best next season.

If the wages were reasonable, I could see the likes of Forsyth, Hourihane and Barkhuizen being useful backup options. Good pros to have around the rest of the team, including U21s, but they'll also be content with their roles meaning they miss out on the matchday squad most weeks.

So folks I’ve heard from my contact the following:

gone 

Wildsmith 

Waghorn

JJ

gayle 

hourihane 

smith 

forsyth - to be offered some type of coaching 

new contract offered 

Thompson 

collins 

sibley 

barks 

Contract offered to 3-4  out of contract players including these I’ve had confirmed 

Burrows 

Herbie Kane 

Tyrese Campbell 

4 hours ago, The_Sheriff said:

You have seen a different Elder to me.

Not impressed at all. We need a new LWB

Yes I don’t think he’s a LWB at all. Good defender but not dynamic or athletic enough going  forward from what I’ve seen. LB in a 4 or wide CB in 3, probably not first choice in either and definitely not in the latter

6 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

gone 

Wildsmith 

Waghorn

JJ

gayle 

hourihane 

smith 

new contract offered 

Thompson 

collins 

sibley 

barks 

Contract offered to 3-4  out of contract players including these I’ve had confirmed 

Burrows 

Herbie Kane 

Tyrese Campbell 

So we’ve offered Burrows a contract despite him being under contract at Peterborough? Smart. 

Nothing gets Transfermrkt ITKs 

9 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

gone 

Wildsmith 

Waghorn

JJ

gayle 

hourihane 

smith 

new contract offered 

Thompson 

collins 

sibley 

barks 

Burrows 

Herbie Kane 

Tyrese Campbell 

Burrows isn't out of contract. 

52 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

So we’ve offered Burrows a contract despite him being under contract at Peterborough? Smart. 

Nothing gets Transfermrkt ITKs 

Even Transfermarkt has him under contract until next July.